Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter Jackson. Whilst James Cameron is my favorite director (Terminator, Aliens, True Lies), I believe that Jackson did so good a job on Lord of the Rings that he ought to make The Hobbit.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
And New Zealanders do it better so that's another reason that Peter Jackson should.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I'm thrilled that Guillermo del Toro is directing it. It should be fantastic. With his aesthetic sensibilities and his overall ability to tell a story, I've got pretty high hopes for this.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm thrilled that Guillermo del Toro is directing it. It should be fantastic. With his aesthetic sensibilities and his overall ability to tell a story, I've got pretty high hopes for this.
Don't mean to bumb you out but he is no longer directing The Hobbit. If it does get made (MGM is having money troubles, bleh) Peter Jackson will most likely be directing, from what I've read. However, nothing has been officially confirmed. What's cool though is that del Toro designed most of it before he left, so we should see his influence still on the picture. I really hope this gets made!

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Don't mean to bumb you out but he is no longer directing The Hobbit. If it does get made (MGM is having money troubles, bleh) Peter Jackson will most likely be directing, from what I've read. However, nothing has been officially confirmed. What's cool though is that del Toro designed most of it before he left, so we should see his influence still on the picture. I really hope this gets made!
Wow, that is a bummer. I suppose it's best that I hear this now. Definitely good to hear his design influence will remain.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Amen! I'm thinking Jackson will probably do the best, though we'll see. The Hobbit is just so differently written than LotR. That's okay. ANYTHING will be better than those old animated movies. (I can still sing the "Frodo of the Nine Fingers" Song. UGH. :frustrating:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Peter Jackson. Whilst James Cameron is my favorite director (Terminator, Aliens, True Lies), I believe that Jackson did so good a job on Lord of the Rings that he ought to make The Hobbit.
James Cameron would butcher it.

What about M. Night Shyamalan? Have fun deciding whether I am joking or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts