Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Prefer Car Travel.

Depends on the person but as for me, these benefits outweigh other transportation types.

-Freedom
-Get to see, learn more
-With planning, can be cost effective
-Usually travel with family so a car is the most "close" way to travel
-Can bring my dog if I want
-More personal

·
Registered
FUCK YOU 2020
14,179 Posts
I love car travel. I really like to drive, but even being a passenger it's nice. I like looking at all my surroundings, paying attentions to which towns I pass and their scenery. Stopping at new restaurants on the way to my destination is an awesome thing to do. Also, I'm either alone or with family so I don't get anxiety around new people.

I've never been on an airplane, but flying sounds like so much of a hassle. It sounds horrible to me, actually. You're surrounded by a bunch of strangers and their filth, you have to depend on the staff at the airport to get you to your destination safely and take care of your luggage, and it's pricey.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I don't mind flying since I'm in business or first but, I hate airports, TSA, large crowds of people. I enjoy the idea of a luxury train though. That would be fun. Other than that, I always travel by my car. The only times I've tried public transportation was NYC (never again...) and in Japan. I actually quite liked it in Japan. It was always on time and the trains were clean.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't mind flying since I'm in business or first but, I hate airports, TSA, large crowds of people. I enjoy the idea of a luxury train though. That would be fun. Other than that, I always travel by my car. The only times I've tried public transportation was NYC (never again...) and in Japan. I actually quite liked it in Japan. It was always on time and the trains were clean.
Yeah you probably don't want to try Austin then fo public transportation.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,642 Posts
For day-to-day travel: It really depends for me. I usually don't mind walking with a light load if it's going to take 30 min or less to get somewhere. Bus or rail is fine unless the other riders are dodgy and/or the transportation is unreliable. I like driving too -- the freedom of being able to go anywhere at my choice of timing and without much worry of my car failing is nice, plus it's usually faster. That being said, while I'm generally fine with those other modes of transportation, I don't think I'd like being car-free.

Long distance travel: I like road trips, but I may not have time for it. Planes aren't as much fun for that reason, but I appreciate the saved time when it's needed. However, it seems like I'm more likely to experience a travel mishap while flying than driving, which is annoying lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love to travel by car, especially when I get my driver's license. Of course, it takes more time, but you can stay in such interesting places, about which you haven't even guessed. And you can enjoy beautiful landscapes, although it all depends on the roads and places.
However, we have a small child in my familly,
so for a long distance we prefer to travel by plane, and then we rent a car.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,065 Posts
I do love road trips in my own country and overseas if we're okay with using their roads (LA freeways were very stressful and add to that driving on the right side of the road and using imperial measurements ...200 ft? how many metres is that?), but once we were out on the open road to Grand Canyon it was great.
Since my country is surrounded by sea and miles from anywhere, I have to fly. I wished I could afford business class airfares when the flight is 12+ hours.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Yo.

Trains are my very favorite method because I can get up and walk around but I very much prefer cars to planes.

Everything about air travel is the actual worst
-being at airport is the worst not only that but you need to be there 2hrs erly
-Shitty TSA people with shitty attitudes
-dragging all if your shit along on the mile hike to your terminal
-paying extra for said shit
-cramped ass seats where you can’t steatch your legs or even lean back
-screaming babies
-whiny assholes delying fake off by arguing about thier support fish
-the sheer disgust to know some people have so little dignity as to be okay with sleeping with thier mouths open and snoring where others can see them
-no food
-sitting on the tarmak for hrs because if nonsense regulations
-the likely hood that you may not even have the seat that you paid for

Yeah, zero upside to a flight, unless you’re a serious masochist

·
Banned
51 Posts
Travel is great in any form. Traveling by car is the most exciting moment I've ever had. It can be uncomfortable on the physical side but it's worth a try. By the way, I can recommend a great service that provides chauffeured car rentals. Thanks to this service, you can easily order transfer. I always use Gettransfer.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I think if time were not an issue I prefer driving
But because I would prefer in most cases not to waste 5 days of PTO on commute but the actual destination in this case having more time I will still go flying until I am old and time off is not an issue

Actually I really liked my experience riding train for travel
That was so nice
Very leisure and can see many various sites

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cars make me sick and dizzy, planes are awesome. Simply put.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think if time were not an issue I prefer driving
But because I would prefer in most cases not to waste 5 days of PTO on commute but the actual destination in this case having more time I will still go flying until I am old and time off is not an issue

Actually I really liked my experience riding train for travel
That was so nice
Very leisure and can see many various sites
Driving can be a challenge. I know I love it but this was the last 2 days for me driving half of North America from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Austin, TX

[video]https://www.facebook.com/impulsivetravelerguy/videos/1931746620470953/[/video]

21 - 40 of 40 Posts