Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking . Who do you think will be more romantically compatible for an INFJ female, an INFP male or an ENFP male? I’d like to hear your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hiiii Lonisha~

Strictly MBTI/cognitive function speaking?

Traditionally, it's ENFP, of course there's the extroverted intuition to complement INFJ introverted intuition.

Hard to talk about the compatibility strictly in terms of MBTI without using some stereotypes or cliche examples to iterate possible clashes.

Life goals, boundaries, religion/politics/social life, education, whatever. Those would matter more wouldn't they?

Anyway.

I'll go with INFP male. I can't speak on ENFPs without using some generalizations that I'm not comfortable using. Don't know too many ENFPs that well. But I think INFJ would appreciate INFP's natural empathy. Can't speak for ENFP's empathy though, so that's likely a poor reasoning. Possible an INFP would be less quick to utilize Ne and can go deeper in conversations without bouncing around? I have no idea. Sounds bad just writing this.

Is there something specific you're looking for in an answer? Hard to pin romantic compatibility on type alone.

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Hiiii Lonisha~

Strictly MBTI/cognitive function speaking?

Traditionally, it's ENFP, of course there's the extroverted intuition to complement INFJ introverted intuition.

Hard to talk about the compatibility strictly in terms of MBTI without using some stereotypes or cliche examples to iterate possible clashes.

Life goals, boundaries, religion/politics/social life, education, whatever. Those would matter more wouldn't they?

Anyway.

I'll go with INFP male. I can't speak on ENFPs without using some generalizations that I'm not comfortable using. Don't know too many ENFPs that well. But I think INFJ would appreciate INFP's natural empathy. Can't speak for ENFP's empathy though, so that's likely a poor reasoning. Possible an INFP would be less quick to utilize Ne and can go deeper in conversations without bouncing around? I have no idea. Sounds bad just writing this.

Is there something specific you're looking for in an answer? Hard to pin romantic compatibility on type alone.
You should come get to know us. =) As empathetic as you. We're pretty much INFPs who like to talk to people. lol Okay, there's a bit more than that but not much. I'm married to a INFP male. Biggest difference is that when I start to get energized at a party, he's ready to go home. Second difference is my Te and his Si. Our Ne-Fi together when we're talking might as well be exactly the same-- just NE-Fi and Fi-Ne, and that part of things doesn't seem one speck different from each other.
There are NO INFJ males hardly in existence and what few INFJs there are should all get taken up immediately by ENFPs, the rest of the ENFPs have to deal with INTJs and the very luckiest ENFP of all gets to marry my husband. lol... that's how it is. =)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah see Alesha, that was a poor answer. I totally understand that. I know an ENFP pastor I consider my big brother and right, totally empathetic. Hard to speak on ENFPs, I should read ENFP forums more often, hahaha.

Edit, P.S.

We're pretty much INFPs who like to talk to people.
That's a great way to put it. Makes it much easier to understand ENFP that way. :laughing:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have been drawn to INFP's myself and feel like they are quite compatible for me, but I don't know that we are for them. It seems like the ENFP's in my life find my scene easier to deal with. I try to tone things down for INFP's, be easier going, whatever seems to be needed, but I just don't quite hit the mark. It's a shame because we connect so incredibly well, but from what I have read here and my own experiences, we can be hard for them to deal with.
Sorry guys, I wish I could work better for you, I really like you~

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,313 Posts
It all depends on what the INFJ is looking for and what unrelated MBTI traits the XNFP harbors. What i would say is... if quiet time and introspection is more important then getting out there and seeing the world more often than not, then an INFP would naturally accommodate those wishes more than an ENFP would.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Really depends on what you're looking for. I love INFJ's but I noticed that most of them seem to get annoyed with us easily.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hmm I've dated 2 Infjs both knew their types and actually had interests in Mbti. How did I annoy them? Too easy, not showing up on time for things, or at all. That's not really a type thing, but still, and I eventually did become quite prompt. I don't want to hurt nobody....I must confesssss lol

How did they annoy me? They would avoid disagreeing with me, but that was mostly in the beginning. I mean, in life you can't have the exact same opinion on everything. Ya just can't.

How did we get along? One writes poetry and the other is a professional saxophonist. So we had plenty of creativity involved, and had very fulfilling conversations. I'm pretty sure both were type 4s, just based on what I've seen. So yeah, great chemistry, romantically as well. Mhmm

So that's all. They also thought I flirted alot, so theyd freak out of they dated an ENFP lol.

Anyways I see these type matches just for fun. There are shy and outgoing nfps, some have good jobs, some have no job, some like to travel. Some like to stay home, some are faithful, some have been abused, some have education, but someday you'll find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts