Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my question:

Which type has the most chances to cheat during a test( I am talking about any test)?

I am an ENTJ, and I often cheat during test of subjects I don't like or sometimes when I didn't prepare myself well enough.

Don't forget to talk about yourself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm INTP, and I would fail the test before I cheat on it. Maybe that's because my family has a strong 'honor code', or because Fe is messing with my thoughts. Probably both.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I cheated when I was like 6 years old. I grew out of that.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
In grade school and high school things came easily enough for me that I never had the need to cheat. College was harder, but my school had a very strict student-monitored honor code, so even if I had ever contemplated cheating the thought was quickly dismissed. Since college, any tests I've taken have been part of classes/certifications I wanted to obtain for my own satisfaction and betterment, so I'd only be cheating myself. So... no, I haven't and wouldn't cheat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
INTJ. I would never cheat. It would go against the values I live by, including honesty and respect (towards myself and others).

If I can't obtain something by honest means, it's not worth acquiring, because my integrity is more valuable. Not to mention that if I am not prepared for a test, then it's only my fault for not doing my job and I take full responsibility for it.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I think it would probably be equal among all the types.

I'm ENFJ and I would never cheat on a test, I'm too afraid of getting caught.

·
Registered
238 Posts
INTJ. I would never cheat. It would go against the values I live by, including honesty and respect (towards myself and others).

If I can't obtain something by honest means, it's not worth acquiring, because my integrity is more valuable. Not to mention that if I am not prepared for a test, then it's only my fault for not doing my job and I take full responsibility for it.
Wow... That's some pretty strong Fi you got there

·
Registered
552 Posts
INFP - I can't do it. I'll turn red, my hands shake and everyone can see it in my face, so I won't even try. It's ridiculous. (May have something to do with being type 6, huh.)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
So here's my question:

Which type has the most chances to cheat during a test( I am talking about any test)?

I am an ENTJ, and I often cheat during test of subjects I don't like or sometimes when I didn't prepare myself well enough.

Don't forget to talk about yourself.
I'm an INFP and I've cheated on tests and assignments, often without much remorse, but depends on circumstances.

If it's a test about something I think is actually important/a reflection on my values... OR if succeeding will put me at a true advantage above someone else (like if it gets me a special prize, or allows me to move forward in a space-limited competition), then I won't cheat.

If the subject matter seems arbitrary, and cheating simply gets me where I need to go within a cold, impersonal system where no one is really affected by whether I pass or fail, then I will.

I MAY still experience a twinge of guilt, I recognize it's irresponsible, and ultimately truly does cheat me out of learning... but maybe I don't see much value in learning that particular thing, so I let it go. Not because I think it's actually justifiable, but... if I'm able to disregard it with "It's not moral, but I don't care", then I guess it's just not one of my core values... lol... *shrug*

·
Registered
147 Posts
Every time I cheat I like to tell myself I'm being completely true to myself and the world, that I'm simply doing what it takes to come out ahead and that understanding material is a completely subjective matter anyways. But once I'm done with the test, I start to feel shitty and replay the scene over and over in my mind thinking of how it could have gone wrong and how it relates to other parts of my life in which I've also taken the easy way out etc. Feelings, leave me alone, I'm trying to be successful X - X

·
Registered
987 Posts
ENTP, I don't cheat. (When I say I don't, I mean rarely. I've cheated on word quizzes for language classes back in middle school, but it didn't really help me on the actual exams so I quit.) There's just such a negative stigma in all communities on cheating that I'd rather not have it cast on me. Also I would probably lose my face-value as a good student, if I ever cheated and got caught.

·
Registered
209 Posts
INFJ.

I'm going to go against the norm here and be like.

I'd cheat.

Reactions: Lemxn

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Unsure of my type (xNxP, likely xNTP).
I personally wouldn't cheat on most tests, but there are exceptions. I hate tests that some people give you that mean you have to be 100% specific and get exactly the answer they have written down (i.e. "why is X like Y?" and in reality there's no clear reason for it) so you get marked down for thinking about the subject rather than just regurgitating info. I don't think that way and hate the fact you get tested on thinking like the teacher/prof. I dont want to think like them, I want to learn from them.
So I'd cheat in a test that was unfair in that respect if I felt I could get away with it. Generally though I hate the idea of cheating and never would!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts