Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I've worked in an environment with a majority of XSTP's before. ESTP's actually work very well together for the most part. ISTP's were 50/50 how successfully they worked together. I think ESTP's would actually thrive pretty well. Or at least figure out how to build a strong enough ship to get off the island. That would probably be the priority. Getting off the island.

Why do I picture an ENTJ island going very badly? THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The INFP island would probably be relatively communal/egalitarian and a quiet place in living? If the necessities come then probably ask for help first, if no help comes then they will probably try to get the necessities needed then get back to whatever they were doing before. So the conditions may be based on just what is needed for survival being established first but may improve overtime when ideals call if they are achieved.

But if a neighbour somehow came into contact and went against the beliefs of the inhabitants it could cause a dispute or some sort of conflict in which things will go back to normal as soon as its settled depending on how militant or pacifist they are in expressing them. If militant enough it could escalate into a war or fight when the other side makes the wrong move, if non-militant or pacifist any disputes over beliefs could be solved/settled peacefully.

What would the homes probably be like/look like and the structure of the settlement? I imagine it might look like a monastery living structure?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
What makes or breaks any group of people is the level of individualism. Its highness would be a detriment.

That said, here's an example. I'd probably hit on the guys with impressive logic, passively show off for the girls, avoid the overly-idealistic INFJs, and probably perish before long because most INFJs are overly-idealistic and might execute me because I'm a threat to Utopia, or their plan to escape the island without a hitch. I could see myself sabotaging the boat if they made one.

If there are at all more INFJs like me out there, we might foil the chance of everyone's survival, unless we "fell in love," or something.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
If a very controlling ESTJ who did not have common beliefs got on the INFP island to try to rule them what do you think would happen if the INFPs were fed up of him/her controlling them? Could some sort of rebellion happen? If so how would it go? Eg. Mass disobeying?

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if everyone on the island was the same type they could work something out regardless of which type they all happened to be. There are many variables of survival beyond personality typology. How many people are lazy fatasses who have been fed a shit diet their entire lives? Are half of the people fascists while the other half of the people are anarchists? Is everyone's enneagram compatible?

I'd be the most successful at surviving on my own. Although I suppose I'd do alright in a community where everyone was the same type as me provided the other variables aligned. I liked the hypothetical of "On an island with one of every type, which type would play which role?" better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
lmao i can imagine all these ixfp types just withdrawing to little corners and refusing to socialize at all. i'd approximate the most successful type would be istps because they can work together and aren't too afraid of other people, plus they have great survival instincts as se and ti users. they can arise as leaders when they really need to be, but aren't as arrogant or stubborn as, say, estjs or estps. istjs would also work, though i can see them clashing with one another too. an island full of natural leaders like entjs or estjs would just lead to arguing and heads being bitten off. i have an image of esfjs as working well in this context too, but i don't have a lot of experience with esfjs, so that's hypothetical.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
This depends on your definition of successful. Disclaimer: my predictions are intended for us to laugh at ourselves. Not to offend. These are based off of stereotypes and are not necessarily accurate to every individual.

ENTJs - Would form small groups who agreed about how the island should be run and attempt to force the others into submission. Some groups may resort to permanently eliminating others. Once a group succeeded, the alliance may be disbanded as a single emperor rose to power.

INTJs - Would create temporary alliances to remove others and strive for only one on top, but end up with a committee.

ENTPs - Would form one large group, arguing about which details of survival make more sense and why. Everyone ends up doing their own thing, and occasionally chatting with the neighbors. Wars would not break out often, as everyone would be distracted too with their own lives, and war would be bothersome.

INTPs - Do their own thing from the start, observe and copy neighbors. Interact with only one or two other inhabitants each day if possible. Create inside jokes and geek culture, and secretly feel like they could run someone else's camp better, but keeps such comments to oneself. Occasional severe drama breaks out but is quickly resolved.

ENFJs - Make friends with everyone on the island, and try to appoint a leader, but fail because everyone wants to get along, but also thinks the others are being silly and possibly dramatic or too dreamy.

INFJs - Do their own thing, but create a community center in the middle of the island for everyone to go and be together.

ENFPs - Make friends with everyone on the island, exchange ideas and advice, build one large home until they annoyed each other, and then build separate homes. Once the drama settled, they would rekindle the large home as a community center. They would probably also create a sort of "marketplace" to sell small crafts.

INFPs - Do their own thing from the start, observe and copy neighbors' ideas. Interact with only one or two other inhabitants each day if possible. Create inside jokes and tell stories, secretly despising several other neighbors, but keeps such comments to oneself. Occasional drama breaks out and may take a while to resolve, possibly escalating to the dramatic deaths of some.

ESTJs - Band together and attempt to recreate system that seemed to work before, however quickly encounter conflicting ideas of what the best system was, and an all-out war breaks out.

ISTJs - Band together to discuss what a good system would be based on past experiences. Build society.

ESTPs - Follow the most charismatic few, creating multiple "party centers" at different locations of the island, that occasionally war, but mostly allow free travel from one to the next. Possibility of overcrowding in future.

ISTPs - Everyone do their own thing, and whoever lives the longest wins.

ESFPs - Follow the most charismatic few, creating two or three opposing "party centers" that frequently war, but in between there are times of peace and great joy, allowing free passage from one to the next. Possibility of overcrowding in the future.

ISFPs - Everyone do their own thing, and whoever makes the creepiest house decorations wins friends. Until the dramaz.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Uh contrary to everyone's stereotypes about ENTJs eating each other, I would say ours has the best chance of survival.

ENTJs do not simply desire to lead. They respect well developed and formed systems. Efficiency and productivity are the priorities and if that means take on a non-leadership role, and ENTJ will do it, and do it well.

As E's, they will communicate well with each other. As N's they will be goal oriented, filling in gaps as they go. As T's, they will use logic to problem solve and put feelings on hold when necessary. And as Js, decisions are made and things get done.

Though there may be conflict, I'm sure the Intuitive side of the ENTJs will be more open to systematic changes if logical points are presented to improve the efficacy of existing systems.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
nonsense, INFPs are survivors, we might not be efficient but we are very adaptable and strong, especially when we are pushed into situations. So yea I don't see too much muscle work or organizing or whatever but we would do fine and watch the stars share our mangos, wonder about mysteries of life and what brought us to the island, get utterly bored doing the same primitive things over and over with no civilization ahead, despite the luxury of the freetime we would try to find a way to escape, write poetic help notes and put them in bottles to throw in water with a dramatic wrist twist, if things get there consider walking in sea with rocks to beautifully say goodbye but some of us wouldn't dare to thinking our new big eyed island pets crying for us. You know, stuff like that.

Actually I honestly think we would be the less to stress over as the world we carry is in our heads anyways so we wouldn't be much moved by the environment and there wouldn't be too much drama or competition or authority fights ;D SUCKAS !

but yes..we could use some practical stuffs

Actually, why don't you put me on an island with INFPs? I can't find one for my life !

Thaaank you !

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
INFJs would be a mixed bag. We'd all have an idea of how best to survive and precisely what needed to be done. Unfortunately, they'd be a bunch of different ideas. We wouldn't really fight, we'd just take off in a bunch of different directions. Some INFJs would be a lot more successful than others.

Seeing as I have no experience hunting or fishing, I'd build a basic shelter, become a gatherer, and enjoy my alone time. Maybe try my hand at farming. I like a sense of security, so I'd experiment with ways to store food and building a safer shelter.

·
Banned
95 Posts
For prospering as a community, I think the ENTPs, ENFPs, ISTPs, and ISTJs would be the most successful in carrying this out, in their own ways. I have a feeling that INTJs would try to form alliances, but if they were all in agreement, they could also do very well. INFJs, ESFJs, and ISFJs could still pull it off, despite potential F-related conflicts. INTP Island would probably lack the structure and communication between its inhabitants necessary to survive as a whole for very long, as they would either be solitary or stay in small groups, I believe. Depending on how large and fruitful the island is, I suppose it could be done anyway. ESTJs and ENTJs could possibly thrive, but I worry that there would be power struggles and perhaps different factions, hindering the cooperation of all on the island. ESTPs might have fragile relations with each other, and after a while become competitive and take an 'every man for himself' approach. ISFPs, INFPs, and ENFJs might scrape by, but they would not be the most efficient groups. Take everything I said with a grain of salt...

·
Registered
506 Posts
INFP would die within weeks... They would get overwhelmed with the task of maintaining a society, retreat to separate corners with their books and sketch pads, and eventually either become depressed and drown themselves or die of starvation.
How do you deliver books to that island?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sorry I will have to drag everyone over in a type over the same cliff that I see.

ISTP's would probably go their own way so no society there, they'd live and then seek out contact since they secretly get lonely.
ENFJ's would be good of unless they procastinate like my ENFJ mom, I think they'd have lots of drama though.
INFP's would most likely get overwhelmed by emotions and run away from tasks when they have mood swings, they'd protect each other well neverthless.
ISFP's would be too nice to each other and exchange politness never getting anything done, they'd probably have a good culture.
ENTJ's would build their own improivsed forts where they try to have control and expand lands to their neighbours with war, still they'd get a lot done.
INTJs would have a hard time playing puppet masters , I think they might have fun debating untill it gets heated.
ENFPs would not survive unless they didn't stop their spotlight syndrome, they are a bit whimsical but they would work together.
ENTPs would try to invent lots of things and debate over meaningless things, lucky if they finished something, they'd probably stirr a bit trouble if they get bored but they would move forward.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts