Personality Cafe banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cargo Boats?
Why wouldn't they escape that way? Anyway, why are everyone assuming here that NF's are just cry babies who wouldn't survive anywhere?

There were these two people, a painter and a poet who destroyed over 100 million Europeans during last century. Please people, bare in mind such things as shadow personalities. INFP, for instance, makes an ESTJ at breaking point. A deserted island is one. Besides, why would anyone bring books? I'd rather bring paper and pens :kitteh:

I guess this thread was supposed to be fun but I took it way too seriously! I'm getting passive-aggressive for no reason, lol :laughing:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Okay, let's see...

Superintuitives:

ENFP - possibly, but maybe they would die from boredom
ENTP - Same as above
INFJ - Possibly yes
INTJ - Possibly yes, maybe even well

Superthinkers:

ENTJ - They would kill each other off
ESTJ - Same as above
INTP - At first they would be ok, but then they would die from boredom
ISTP - One of the best possible types for this experiment

Superfeelers:

ENFJ - Possibly yes
ESFJ - Lots of gossip, but really 50/50 if this works out or not
INFP - Same as with the INTPs
ISFP - Possibly yes

Supersensors:

ESFP - Party time, eh?
ESTP - I don't wanna know, really
ISFJ - I think they'd do well
ISTJ - Same as above

Being Introverted and a Sensor probably helps with this one. Extroverted iNtuitives have probably the hardest time getting by.

I'm an ENTP.

Reactions: CasusBelli and Waif

·
Registered
372 Posts
Instead of chance of survival or success lets go for Chance of catastrophic societal disaster where conflict erupts leading to the sabotage of their own survival plans and strategies.

I think ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP could have a rather large chance of this. Perhaps ENFP, ENTP, and ENTJ may also conflict if they battle for leadership or have conflicting visions, but may do well if they get through this. As for the other Extroverted types of ESTP and ESTJ they would probably be the safest from internal discord (maybe) and have the best chance.

I think the introverts would have a far less chance of catastrophic failure, but some types may need to address possible lack of leadership rather than too much of it. Aside from this I think INFP, ISFP would likely be the most in danger due to a lack of material workmanship interests. While conflict of ideas may still occur among the INTJ and ISTJ if they can get past it they would likely have very accomplished societies. The ISTP and INTP would probably start off disorganized and work independently until someone got disgusted and stressed and steps up to the role. If this person becomes acknowledged for their ability the rest should follow and survival would excel. and lastly The ISFJ and INFJ societies would likely be quite accommodating of each other and work together with each other well.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
For INTP's, depends on resource availability. If we're talking tropical or tmperate zone, I see a sort of hermit colony. I may not be driven to conquer, but I can get off my butt to eat. Work in bursts, 'smarter, not harder'. Hell, I've speculated 'deserted island scenarios', along with zombie apocalypses, etc. already... I bet most of my fellows have too. We may be laidback, but I think we'd survive and, outside lacking wifi...surprisingly happy with it. If conquered, 'whatever' and we'd likely not care as long as not abused. 'You want to play boss,you can have it.'

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you put a bunch of people that were all the same type on any island they would all eventually die and it would be a failure because you need stratification of intelligence, skills, and general mental inclination in order to have a successfully operating society. No one type is the best, and no one type would best survive the wilderness based PURELY on type.

Except maybe ISTP ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm not sure about MBTI type, but me + island + my dog would be pretty cool.
Although I'd end up swimming for civilization after a while, my dog is only good company for a little while.
I once spent an entire week home alone with my dog. I swear my mind turned into mush, and my flatmates got back to me holding long conversations with the dog and walking around on all fours.

·
Registered
689 Posts
INTJ's would probably go cordon off sections of the island and kill any tresspassers... Or, in a best case scenario, formulate a plan to escape.

INFP's would cry, cry, cry... The people who could stop crying could survive quite well, sharing food and the like. The 60% who were so distraught they couldn't stop crying would die of thirst.

ENTJ's would have to have a parliament that would be cycled every day, otherwise the leader would be assassinated by someone wanting power. With the parliament idea, however, they would escape.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The ENTJ island will ally with the ESTP island to form Wallstreet, thus dooming all other islands to fiscal oblivion. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Thriving types: ENTJ, ISTP, INTJ.

Ok Types: ENTP, ISTJ, INFJ, ESTJ, ENFJ.

Poor Types: INTP, ISFJ, ESTP, ISFP, ENFP.

Dead Types: INFP, ESFP, ESFJ.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts