Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're throwing a private party and all of your friends are invited. Through a glitch in the cosmos, your VIP list can include any ten living, deceased or fictional individuals, as well as a staff and venue of your choosing. Who is coming?

Tyler Durden
Isabel Briggs Myers
The Most Interesting Man in the World
Lois Griffin
Dexter Morgan
Bruce Lee
Joan Rivers
Ernest Hemingway
Jessie Graff
Sergeant Gordon Elias

Venue: Rooftop deck someplace tropical
Doorman/Security: Henry Rollins and Bruce Banner
Music: Gina Guo and Joe Bonamassa
Caterer: Bobby Flay
Bartender: Gaius Plinius Secundus serving Pliny and Zombie Dust on tap

Registered
I would invite a bunch of strangers who are only there to exploit my hospitality. There is something very honest in that, at least in that case nothing or no ones intention is really obscured

I wouldn't invite any known serial killers

Registered
Maybe George bush or eddy murphy.Or fumetsu from the ENTJ forum so we can make fun of each other for our own amusement.

Registered
Charles Maurice de Talleyrand, french diplomat and best bishop EU:cool:
Francisco de Miranda, leader a failed south american independence movement
Jos茅 Antonio P谩ez, cowboy warlord during the wars of south american independence
Simon Bolivar, 'El Libertador' of Gran Columbia
Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the peasant that ended up becoming Oda Nobunaga's heir
Niccolo Machiavelli, the infamous father of realpolitik
Edward Gibbon, historian and author of the six volume Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
Marshall Murat, one of Napoleon's best cavalry commanders
Thomas Paine, pamphleteer in two at least revolutions
Klemens von Metternich, an Austrian diplomat who would be generally appalled by everything everyone else had to say

Talleyrand had a reputation for throwing great parties. Apparently when he found out he was excommunicated he throw a party serving cold-meat and wine because according to the excommunication, no good christian was to give him fire or water.

Registered
I don't recognize even half the names on that list.

I'd just have a kids' party. Kids are the coolest people.

Registered
I wouldn't invite anybody. My ultimate private party would be just me and nobody else.

Honestly though: I'd rather invite my closest friends than a bunch of people I don't know who lucked into being famous.

Registered
My ultimate private party would be me, my late friend T, a tray of snickers cheesecake bars and a gallon of strawberry sangria. :wink:

No...I have to invite ten people. That's hard, but let's see...Kevin Harvick (my favorite NASCAR driver and a pretty fun guy from all accounts), Derek Jeter, and eight of my friends who always wanted to meet Derek Jeter. But then that's a problem, I'd have to invite my sister to meet DJ, and that's her whole family which is six people, and my brother and his family, which is another four, and I'm over the limit already. Can I count families as people and that would be four? I'm cooking, so we don't have to worry about that, but I don't want to leave anyone out...can some of you who can't come up with ten people give me a few? Thank you!!!

Registered
I would invite five random fictional characters from five random franchises and their creators/originators than interview all of them and see how the ideas of the creations differs from what the creators expected.

Banned
The only time I'd actually feel comfortable about throwing a party, would be if the party would be an undercover group planning session for a project or an evil deed, otherwise I dislike parties and prefer to hang out one-on-one with people if it's really necessary to hang out

Delphic Seer
  • Andrew Jackson
  • Ben Shapiro
  • Blair White
  • Brittany Pettibone
  • Caesar Octavian
  • Benjamin Disraeli
  • Benjamin Netanyahu
  • Chanakya
  • David Goldman
  • Dihya al-Kahina
  • Edward Gibbon
  • Edward Luttwak
  • E. H. Carr
  • Genghis Khan
  • Gracia Mendes
  • Hans Morgenthau
  • Henry Kissinger
  • Jared Diamond
  • Josephus
  • King Solomon
  • Klemens von Metternich
  • Lauren Southern
  • Machiavelli
  • Milo Yiannopoulos
  • Moses De Leon
  • Nathan Rothschild
  • Oswald Spengler
  • Peter the Great
  • Maimonides
  • Stephen Miller
  • Steve Bannon
  • Sun Tzu
  • Talleyrand
  • Tommy Robinson
  • Vladimir Putin
  • Yuval Noah Harari

Registered
10. Oh man I can't think of 10 people!
Sir Charles Kingsford Smith
Amelia Earheart
Charlie Chaplin (eh..)
TE Lawrence
Sir Arthur Phillip...?

Really, I can't think of anyone to invite because there's not that many people I'm that interested in. Only one of the above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts