Personality Cafe banner

Who Would You Nominate?

[INFP] 
3K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  Knight_In_Rags 
#1 ·
If INFPs all live in the same country, which famous INFP would you nominate to be a candidate for the head of state?

Personally I'd nominate Adam Young of Owl City. Feel free to ask me why.

See less See more
#2 ·
Why? ​You did say I could ask...

Reactions: 7rr7s
#10 ·
WHY I nominate Owl City.

@Vin The Dreamer lol the list is going to be long XD

-He's full on INFP
-Wrote a song about how he'd love to "stay awake" longer
-Wrote a song about how Reality is a lovely place but he wouldn't want to live there
-Stays true to his pure idealism
-He's quirky the INFP way
-Knows how to use Fi and Ne together to create profound pieces of art
-Would like to make Lettuce the currency of his country if he was the leader of one
-He's very humble and down-to-earth
-His faith in God is truly extraordinary and marvelous. Personally I don't believe in God but I believe in faith per se so that inspires me lot
-He uses his faith to do noble things like creating a sincere work of art to support a child hunger termination program, etc.
-He's altruistic and honest
-Believes he's a sinner even though he's already an incredible man
-
[List of reasons goes on virtually]

#11 ·
I agree with @Knight_In_Rags. Owl City's music is so relatable for me, it's crazy. If I wrote music to make art, that's probably more or less what it would sound like (although I think he's better with using the "dreamy" aspect than I would be). I love his music. I wish I could get a chance to meet the guy (although I know I'll see him one day, no matter what, so I don't have to worry about it too much).

#13 ·
@WanderingThoughts HOOT OWL HIGH FIVE, BRO! *le high five* :D
*high-fives back LIKE A BOSS* You've heard his song "To The Sky", right? Because if you haven't, you need to listen to it. Right away.
(For some reason I'm worried that we're derailing the thread here, though.) Hmm...I would nominate C.S. Lewis (although I've heard doubts that he's an INFP).Pretty level-headed, but also imaginative. (Off-topic, why won't the ENTER key work for skipping to the next line?! I want paragraphs!! :mad: )

#19 ·
Pretty sure Lewis is an INTP, also he'd probably turn the country into a terrifying theocracy D:
You people just don't understand Christianity... *sighs* But whatevs. We can just agree to disagree, can we not?

#18 ·
I just listened to Fireflies on YouTube. It's awesome. Perfect for a Dreamer. :proud:

And, can we nominate people from this forum too? Because I think @infpblog would do a good job leading our country. He's very grounded, and understands us INFPs a lot.

#22 ·
I don't know, but maybe I would nominate Jason Mraz to head the Environmental Protection Agency or the Department of the Interior. But he, like any INFP, would find his ideals restricted by lack of absolute power.

#24 ·
I nominate ...MYSELF!!! And for my running mate, I choose @Souled In BLUE/SOULED 2012!!! Also, I will put @Michael82 and @Oh_no_she_DIDNT in charge of the campaign because they will make awesome INFP memes!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy:
Agreed.

[video=dailymotion;xcuaju]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcuaju_vanilla-ice-ice-ice-baby_music[/video]

#28 ·
I dont like owl city much either xD When I first hear owl city, I was in love and would listen to them over and over but then I guess I kind of got sick of hearing them everywhere and now theyre music just annoys me so much and I have a feeling its that sound it has like robotic or something ?

anyways.. I would nominate Morrissey!
hm wait. also Tim Burton! can you imagine living in one of his worlds?! gosh it would be so amazing!

#33 ·
Nice fanboy thread....

Who would I nominate?

CARL SAGAN

He is our sage and we must follow his wisdom.

The fact that he was probably NT is irrelevant. He believed in ideals and progress as if he were an INFP with rose colored glasses,and high morals without religion.

If your going to make more worshipthreads, worship the Sage.

edit:

He's an introvert and I'm pretty sure he's Fi dominant so he's an INFP lol He also fits into the descriptions of the Healer.
>read type descriptions
>is now an mbti master

XD

Bah. BAH! I say. Typing someone you don't know from clips and excerpts is guess work at best. Do you really think you know whats going on in their mind? You will VERY rarely be able to accurately type anyone who is not yourself. You simple don't have the information and to claim someone is a type based only on your whims and wishes is, to me, both ignorant and disrespectful.
You can infer and guess at a persons type but don't make such bold statements. How would you feel if I claimed that you are an ESFP base solely on your avatar and sig?

Just so you know, the type descriptions are nothing but horse hockey.

#37 ·
Nice fanboy thread....

Who would I nominate?

CARL SAGAN

He is our sage and we must follow his wisdom.

The fact that he was probably NT is irrelevant. He believed in ideals and progress as if he were an INFP with rose colored glasses,and high morals without religion.

If your going to make more worshipthreads, worship the Sage.

edit:

>read type descriptions
>is now an mbti master

XD

Bah. BAH! I say. Typing someone you don't know from clips and excerpts is guess work at best. Do you really think you know whats going on in their mind? You will VERY rarely be able to accurately type anyone who is not yourself. You simple don't have the information and to claim someone is a type based only on your whims and wishes is, to me, both ignorant and disrespectful.
You can infer and guess at a persons type but don't make such bold statements. How would you feel if I claimed that you are an ESFP base solely on your avatar and sig?

Just so you know, the type descriptions are nothing but horse hockey.
Dude, revere and worship are two different things. I only revere the guy. What I worship is The Three Jewels. And I didn't type him just from clips and excerpts. I typed him from everything he has put out. Blog posts, music, what he said, what he believes in, what he holds dearest, etc. And yes, I realize that type profiles are assumptions. I believe that's what you're getting at and that's why I said type DESCRIPTIONS, not type PROFILES which lie around in the internet. Take it easy bro, I'm not trying to brag that I'm an expert here, and I'm not trying to insult anybody, especially you.

P.S. the fact that Carl Sagan is probably an NT still makes Adam Young valid for nomination all the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.