Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this sounds so silly, but I visited family this weekend and my cousin took a photo of me holding my other cousins daughter; this beautiful three year old girl..

the photo looked great and she was sitting on my lap.. because it was a quick photo where I picked her up, my left hand was holding her up and was across her upper chest area.. her hand is also over my hand that's on her chest, and my other hand is on her shoulder..

This sounds so silly, but does that come across perverse or with any perverted undertones?

we're both smiling and it looks happy, I love children so much and want this photo to look as wholesome as possible.

what do you think?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you're just overthinking it. I get it, though. I'm a single guy in his 30s, and every time I interact with anyone younger than 20 I get nervous that I'm being creepy or coming across like a freak. Unless someone says something, I wouldn't read too much into it lest you accidentally plant a seed in someone else's mind that there's something about it that really isn't innocent.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
this sounds so silly, but I visited family this weekend and my cousin took a photo of me holding my other cousins daughter; this beautiful three year old girl..

the photo looked great and she was sitting on my lap.. because it was a quick photo where I picked her up, my left hand was holding her up and was across her upper chest area.. her hand is also over my hand that's on her chest, and my other hand is on her shoulder..

This sounds so silly, but does that come across perverse or with any perverted undertones?

we're both smiling and it looks happy, I love children so much and want this photo to look as wholesome as possible.

what do you think?

I would echo what everyone else has said about not worrying about your photo. If you're picking a little girl up from under her arms, it's natural for your hands to slip and touch her chest area. I don't think I would be troubled to see such a photo at all.

But. I would agree with you that it's good to think about appropriate touch of children, and be aware that actual paedophiles do hide behind such ambiguous touch in their own grooming of children for wholly non-innocent reasons. Sadly, child sexual abuse is a reality in our sordid world, and it's the responsibility of all of us to be cautious and not be afraid to suggest that such and such may not be appropriate, particularly if we see a pattern of repeated behaviour. In this way we can protect this beautiful 3 year old girl, and others like her, from people will less pure and honorable intentions than yourself. Too often, it's because people don't want to say uncomfortable things that real monsters (like Jimmy Saville) get/got away with what they do/did.

As for you though, I hope you and this lovely girl continue smiling and enjoy many more happy and wholesome memories to come. Be wise and keep safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts