Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we all have heard about the secret service and their self-inflicted problems in Colombia. Prostitution is illegal almost everywhere in the world, in my opinion, its for good reason. Many times prostitutes are forced into having sex with clients against their will, sometimes kidnapped and forced to take drugs as well. Even if this is not the case, the chance of passing STD's is greatly increased.

So my question is, in the case of the secret service members; Why risk so much for sex with whores when there are always women who will have sex concentually free? In the case of men in committed relationships; why risk losing your partner/wife for one romp in the sack with someone who could easily pass deadly disease?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Some people might not be interested in courtship and love, they might just want some sex. Some people couldn't care less about relationships and might just want to take care of basic needs the fast and easy way. Some people might want to see these ladies just for the thrill of it, or to escape from a not so satisfying sex life with their spouse.
There's a million reasons to see a prostitute. I'm not saying it's right, but I don't feel like judging or condemning those who decide to swing that way.

·
Banned
891 Posts
I don't condone prostitution, but I don't agree with the "whore" label. The women (and men) who enter that field do so out of desperation. I'm actually at lot madder at johns than I am at prostitutes- the johns are the ones who go and deliberately seek out prostitutes, thus allowing the cycle to continue.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I think we all have heard about the secret service and their self-inflicted problems in Colombia. Prostitution is illegal almost everywhere in the world, in my opinion, its for good reason. Many times prostitutes are forced into having sex with clients against their will, sometimes kidnapped and forced to take drugs as well. Even if this is not the case, the chance of passing STD's is greatly increased.

So my question is, in the case of the secret service members; Why risk so much for sex with whores when there are always women who will have sex concentually free? In the case of men in committed relationships; why risk losing your partner/wife for one romp in the sack with someone who could easily pass deadly disease?
If that were true what would be the point of ever having sex trade? As far as the service's guys motivations are concerned one can only speculate.

E: one ever too many.

·
Banned
596 Posts
I have nothing at all against prostitution when it is NOT forced ofcourse. Sometimes it is hard to draw line to know when it is forced and when it is not.

Being forced by a human being is no matter what wrong (except if the prostitute would like to be forced :p).
Being forced by living conditions is something different, the ideal is that everybody lives in good conditions (then the need to prostitute yourself solely for money goes way) but in the reality it doesn't work like this. So some women prostitute themselves to earn enough money, doesn't matter if it is for drugs -> except if the need for drugs has started because of the pimp, kids, future ambitions, practical stuff; I see nothing wrong with this.
Being forced because of the need to maintain a drug addiction that has started because of a pimp is wrong.

No matter what, the prostitute herself/himself is never doing something wrong.

I only talked about money, but you can easily replace money with selling your body as a defense mechanism (for example: being raped and to feel more powerful against man, doing this work)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I personally would love to see it leagalized, and regulated. That way no one need have STDs, and insurance would be available. I have always believed that it is an importnat service, and see it as such. yeah yeah yeah, I know it, remove my feminist card and all that crap....but I still support it. It would protect the girls, with none of them being forced into anything, and the Johns involved also. I don't talk to my wife about my beliefs much, we vary greatly on this, and it always ended in an argument.

As for why would they do this? Sometimes people, most usually men, want to get their rocks off and not have to worry about anything else. It's better to them than masturbation, it does not require a commitment or a call the next morning, it is enjoyable for them and that is all. The women do as they ask, and sometimes it is things they don't share with their SO, or feel embarassed to share, and afraid they will be laughed at(I know you should not feel embarassed to share your lust, but IRL it seldom works this way). They could even want to be pampered and see it as no emotional investment, and therefore not taking away form their SO because they are NOT emotionally involved. Males often have sex and love compartmentalized, and they see one having little to do with the other. That is until they fall in love.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Why risk so much for sex with whores when there are always women who will have sex concentually free? In the case of men in committed relationships
The better question is: Why risk sex with whore when there is a booming silicone sex doll industry. For a cool 7k you can have a life sized customizable woman that does ever talk back. And you can't go to jail for it, though I'd imagine it would be awkward if anyone found out about the doll.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Which risks are you talking about?

Risk of ruining your relationship when caught? (not everybody has a relationship, not everybody has the same rules)
Risk of getting a disease? (condoms?)
Risk of having legal troubles? (not illegal everywhere)

And some risks are less worse (depends on the person; subjective it is). I find the risk of getting a disease (but in this situation condom helps) worse than the risk of having legal troubles (especially when the charges you could get are not that dramatic).

Personally I don't think I will ever go to a prostitute. I would feel too awkward :p and I don't like the idea that the woman has been touched by a lot of guys (even when a non-prostitute certainly doesn't guarantee this).

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
I believe in personal responsibility & accountability, so I think that people have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies.

With that said, I am personally opposed to prostitution and the sex trade in general. Part of it is the risk of disease, as mentioned. I get that there's protection, but there's no such thing as safe sex (only "safer sex") so I think it's an irresponsible activity. You head out to a strip club, get a lapdance, go home with the dancer and you're down $200 and you have a bad case of the jimmy-itches. Is that really a good idea? Yeah, I know that not everyone in the sex trade has an STD, but the risk is just too much.

But, like I said, people have the right to expose themselves to risks. The problem is that people who frequent prostitutes will likely have sex with other people, who may not know about, thus exposing them to those risks by proxy... and that's where personal accountability breaks down. I guess if someone fully disclosed their sexual history, that would be one thing, but that's not likely going to happen.

TL;DR - people should have the ability to engage in the sex trade but it's a bad idea

·
Banned
596 Posts
I believe in personal responsibility & accountability, so I think that people have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies.

With that said, I am personally opposed to prostitution and the sex trade in general. Part of it is the risk of disease, as mentioned. I get that there's protection, but there's no such thing as safe sex (only "safer sex") so I think it's an irresponsible activity. You head out to a strip club, get a lapdance, go home with the dancer and you're down $200 and you have a bad case of the jimmy-itches. Is that really a good idea? Yeah, I know that not everyone in the sex trade has an STD, but the risk is just too much.

But, like I said, people have the right to expose themselves to risks. The problem is that people who frequent prostitutes will likely have sex with other people, who may not know about, thus exposing them to those risks by proxy... and that's where personal accountability breaks down. I guess if someone fully disclosed their sexual history, that would be one thing, but that's not likely going to happen.

TL;DR - people should have the ability to engage in the sex trade but it's a bad idea
There is huge difference between prostitutes who have access to health care programs and prostitutes who don't (mostly street hookers).

When you don't kiss a prostitute (in countries where prostitution is legal the market is more organized so kissing is a no and wearing a condom is mandatory) and you properly wear a condom AND when the prostitute has access to health care programs, the chance of getting an std is almost negligible.

A bad idea? Depends on the circumstances: it is a bad idea to have sex with a drug addicted prostitute who lives on the street, which is usually the case in America I think.

Prostitution is seen totally differently in the USA than in Europe (like a lot of social issues).

·
Banned
596 Posts
.... if you have to ask then there is no point in telling you.
I don't easily think of things as wrong. Except the gigantic amount of spam on this forum in combination with the cliquish attitude that is supported by the thumbs up system.

edit: I know what you mean now, thanks for answer. I thought the same thing, hence why I wasted/took my time giving other points of view.

Reactions: Dashing

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I don't easily think of things as wrong. Except the gigantic amount of spam on this forum in combination with the cliquish attitude that is supported by the thumbs up system.

edit: I know what you mean now, thanks for answer. I thought the same thing, hence why I wasted/took my time giving other points of view.
Wow, please tell me more about how you "feel" about things. Maybe I'll care.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts