Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am, am.

(Disclaimer: I have no idea where to put this thread, just figured since it's about writing... Also, I've searched in the Advanced Search and the last NaNoWriMo thread was back in 2013. Forgive me for slacking and duplicating if someone already has done one for this year.)

National Novel Writing Month!
What are your expectations for this year's NoWriMo?
(Dark)Fantasy? SciFi? Tenebrae? Romance? All-in-one?

Ahh, writing stories pumps me up! But what I like the most during this month, is that a collective of us young writing amateur writers will be producing stories galore. I can read them ALL, ALL! *maniacal laugh*

Will you be participating this year? Wanna be my Writing Buddy?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
silence becomes deafening

I'm already working on a series I've been putting off since forever, and classes don't end until December so I probably won't have the time sadly. I'd love to follow along other people here though and give criticisms/snarky comments where I see fit.

Sign up and post them NaNoWrimos people! You can procrastinate writing when you're dead. This shit's crazy fun, you should give it a go

edit: on the chance I get more free time here's my page this year. It'll probably be some mild urban fantasy/adventure with some anthropomorphic critters in it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
This is actually the slowest going I've ever had for NaNo. Maybe it's because I'm doing re-writing, or maybe I'm just tired.

But at least I'm still making quota.

·
Registered
INTP
1,752 Posts
I had a slow start because I was sick for the first few days of the month, but now I'm almost to 20,000 words and going strong, so I made up the deficit I fell into at the very beginning of the month. I'm writing an adventure story this year... but not a typical one ((or so I hope xD)) because my overall concept is rather abstract and I'm not entirely sure it will make sense to everyone. It has a good dose of political/social commentary mixed in as well, with a fictional setting inspired by former Soviet Republics after the collapse of the USSR. I'd explain it, but I hate revealing anything that would be considered as major spoilers in case I do end up publishing it someday c': I doubt I'll ever get published... but you never know how the future will go, I guess.

I'll add you as a writing buddy. Link me to your profile?

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I normally don't do NaNoWriMo because I've already got a backlog of started stories that I need to get finished before I start any more.

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
I completed NaNoWriMo in 2011 (first time I finished one of the novels I started!) and 2013. I'm currently at 15,500 words on this year's story. Both of my first two novels were fantasy, and this one is more of a YA post-apocalyptic/sci-fi
I looked at your page. Did two of your books win a contest?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I looked at your page. Did two of your books win a contest?
The "winner" badge just means that I completed NaNoWriMo. They say you "won" if you write 50,000 words in one month, though the only prize is the satisfaction you get from writing. Well, that and bragging rights :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts