Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite actress is Shirley MacLaine. My favorite movie is, "Terms of Endearment," and its sequel, "The Evening Star."

·
Banned
158 Posts
Favorite movie of all time: Spirited Away

The first time I watched it was...interesting. In subsequent years, I watched it over and over (at least 8 times), and it got more and more awesome and inspiring and endearing. Each time I notice something new or different. I can't get tired of it...

I don't have a favorite actress. I tend to remember characters more than the people who play them.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
For me, my default favorite actress is Natalie Portman. I fell in love with her ever since 'The Professional'. She keeps getting better and better. I never tire of seeing her beautiful face either (who else can anyhow?). But really, she possesses depth and authenticity. I can't quite put my finger on why she stands out, but she does to me. I believe she'll age gracefully like Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Shirley MacLaine, and Ali McGraw.

As for your 2nd question, I'm deliberating still...

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's so hard to pick just one favorite movie... I just can't decide between Thelma and Louise, Hard Candy, Requiem for a Dream, Natural Born Killers, Kill Bill, Precious, and Mean Girls. Thelma and Louise and Precious have amazing plots and characters, Requiem is so tragic yet beautiful, Natural Born Killers and Kill Bill are so exciting and fun, Mean Girls is hilarious and has some of the most memorable movie quotes ever, and Hard Candy is so unique, and funny despite being so cruel.

As for actresses, I have to agree with Natalie Portman. She's been amazing in every movie I've seen her in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
interesting to realise recently how many INFP actors im crazy about too. Ive always loved Sean Penn, and Heath Ledger (i still cry to see him on screen :( ) Phillip Seymour Hoffman, i could go on...

·
Registered
179 Posts
i loved mama Mia and bawled my eyes out a the bit where the villagers meet the bride to be with the garlanded donkey. and lead her up to the church ...OMG did i CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For me, my default favorite actress is Natalie Portman. I fell in love with her ever since 'The Professional'. She keeps getting better and better. I never tire of seeing her beautiful face either (who else can anyhow?). But really, she possesses depth and authenticity. I can't quite put my finger on why she stands out, but she does to me. I believe she'll age gracefully like Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Shirley MacLaine, and Ali McGraw.

As for your 2nd question, I'm deliberating still...
I just saw, "Black Swan" for the first time, a few weeks ago, I quite love it. :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hmm... can't pick one...

Meryl Streep
Cate Blanchett
Susan Sarandon
Jodi Foster
Kathy Bates

(I agree that Natalie Portman is quite appealing, but I wonder how much of that is just because she's so pretty.)

Favorite movie... how could I ever even narrow that down??

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have so many favorite films, actors and actress. It's so hard to choose. But I guess I'll answer what are my favorites right now.

Film: It would have to be Dr. Strangelove. I love that movie so much. It's so silly and yet it's making fun of something that is so serious. (I don't really enjoy the topic of nuclear war.)

Actor: I am in love with Michael Shannon right now. I think he's incredibly talented and underrated. He's getting a bit more attention now because of Boardwalk Empire and Take Shelter, but his roles in Revolutionary Road, The Runaways and Bug was what really made me a fan.

Actress: I really like Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett, Catherine Keener, Kathy Bates, Thandie Newton, etc...

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Actor: Matt Damon/Bill Murray
Actress: Anne Hathaway - I like how game she is for any role. Zooey Deschanel I can just stare at all day. I barely hear what she's saying sometimes.

Comedy: Rushmore
Drama: Magnolia/Lost in Translation
Western: True Grit
Foreign: Amelie
Action: Bourne Trilogy
Animated: Spirited Away

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Hmm there aren't many that I find appealing. I like more actors than I do actresses. Here are the ones I can think of that I like: Toni Collette, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Vivian Leigh and I'll be like everyone else and have to say Natalie Portman and Cate Blanchett as well.

Too many movies to list.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Between Natalie Portman and Sandra Bullock.

Favorite movie: Inception

1 - 20 of 31 Posts