Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The greatest American ever, Richard John "Rick" Santorum.

I kid...?

I do.

Reactions: Donkey D Kong

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Reactions: beth x

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S. About half the people on PerC are not US citizens.
I don't see why this should matter. 1) I didn't specify "U.S." Presidents, so they could talk about an elected leader from their own country; 2) I assume that some people from other countries have knowledge of U.S. history, so they still might be able to choose a favorite; 3) No one is being forced to say anything.

Is it not PC to talk about anything American on PerC?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, it's not. If I really wanted to know, I would've asked you, but there's already too many threads about that that. If you want to know mine though, I'm a moderate liberal.
I don't and why does it matter?
What benifit is there in knowing random people on the internets fav prez when a load of them
Aren't from and couldnt care less about the us?

Without goolge would you know any or many activly serving presedents in other countries?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What benifit is there in knowing random people on the internets fav prez when a load of them

Without goolge would you know any or many activly serving presedents in other countries?
Like I said, no one is forced to make a response to this thread. Thank you to those who have given a proper response (1st three and above). If you don't have anything on topic to say, simply don't respond; there's no reason to get all defensive and derail the thread.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Like I said, no one is forced to make a response to this thread. Thank you to those who have given a proper response (1st three and above). If you don't have anything on topic to say, simply don't respond; there's no reason to get all defensive and derail the thread.
Reeeallly?

so why not say it is a US centric thread? some countries don't have presidents, some presidents are not elected. why be exclusive?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reeeallly?

so why not say it is a US centric thread? some countries don't have presidents, some presidents are not elected. why be exclusive?
Please don't say things like "reeaally?", as if I'm trying to be deceitful. It's clear you're just trying to cause trouble by making a big deal out of something that isn't. I realize you're upset because you see this thread as an instance of U.S. centrism, but that doesn't give you (and others) an excuse to troll.

It wasn't my intention to be overly-exclusive, and I tried to leave it relatively open-ended. There have already been several on-topic responses in a relatively short time. If the thread was dead, I would be more willing to agree with your point. Furthermore, I don't think that every thread needs to be 100% universal. We're already semi-exclusive by only typing in English and being on a board that is centered on western psychological theory. There's another thread called "share your art." Is it being exclusive to artists? Yes. So what? What don't you understand about the concept that it is not necessary to give input on every thread?

·
Administrator
23,778 Posts
Oh dear.

Can we agree that this is indeed an Americentric thread based on western psych theory (from Europe) and get over it.

I really couldn't give a fuck about American Presidents but that's just me. I can't see any reason to argue about this.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
No one. 10 characters

·
MOTM Mar 2012
613 Posts
Self explanatory title.
Also, if you want to, give their MBTI type based on what you know/reliable sources.

Me: George H. W. Bush (Sr.); ISFJ

George H. W. Bush . American Experience . WGBH | PBS
What is it about H.W. that you like?

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and after him the only one coming to mind is

Gerald Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that he did anything great other than going about doing his job without bringing a lot of attention to himself.

P.S. About half the people on PerC are not US citizens.
Any particular reason for Ike?

Here's an idea: Don't post on a forum you don't have anything to constructively contribute to.
If you are offended at a thread by US presidents, then make one about International Leaders which we can politely ignore as you should with this one.
Stop derailing threads with your pointless comments.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is it about H.W. that you like?
Some reasons are...
1) Foreign policy expert, strategically and diplomatically. He handled foreign affairs with wisdom and nuance and built good relationships with the leaders of foreign countries. Also, Desert Storm is widely considered a huge success.
2) Clean Air Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Immigration Act
3) Was a very authentic, honorable, sincere kind of person.
4) Truly cared about America and the world. At one point he had an 89% approval rating, which was a record at the time and still may be.
5) Was uncomfortable with showing off, negative campaigning, and extremism. Didn't go with the flow (which would have been to appease new ultra-conservatives), stuck with his convictions.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Presidential biographies are kind of a hobby of mine. Here are my favorites:

1. Abraham Lincoln (INTP or ENFJ): based on what I've read, definite Fe use...so I lean toward the latter. Keen politician but didn't seem political.
2. Thomas Jefferson (INTJ): wickedly smart polymath.
3. FDR (ENTJ): probably the most influential president by expanding presidential power like none other.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts