Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
EDIT: I came back about an hour after posting this and realized that it made no sense 0.o

·
Banned
111 Posts
Hahahaha. Very nice.

Well, I /have/ found that ENTPs enjoy trolling.
And INTJs, you might be good targets for trolling, if you take everything they're saying too seriously. <xD;
(We INFJs certainly are. . 3.;)

But that's just a guess on my part.
Could just be /you./ xD

My, I'm not offering you any help with this, am I..? Sorry. <xD;

·
Banned
521 Posts
They seem much more collected on their own turf.

Just wondering...
On a serious note, to answer your question:

First off, I've always viewed the ENTP forum as a collection of craziness and generally, a ball of quirky amusement. Now, if every post in the ENTP is full of madness, another ridiculous post will seem normal, even collected due to the flow of the thread.

Now then, let's take a look at the INTJ forum- hm...yes. It's all very calm and collected. Very organized. Throw an ENTP into the mix and he will stand out because of the difference of style in which he posts versus the INTJs around him.

Second, personally, I find trolling INXJs (especially irl) yields the most amusing results out of the personality types- especially since they seem to be rather amused by it as well. I usually up my randomness and erratic movements when around them to get that classic "wtf" look + eyeroll combo. :p

Actually, I just realized that I probably didn't answer your question- what do you mean by "irrational?"

If you meant, the posts seem unorganized, then possibly one of the following has occurred:
1) ENTP was trolling
2) ENTP sucks at organizing his thoughts

If you meant, the post doesn't make any sense, then possibly one of the following has occurred:
1) ENTP was trolling
2) ENTP is retarded
3) That wasn't an ENTP

I hope this has answered your question as well as many of the questions that you didn't dare to ask in fear of possibly being rejected.

·
Registered
287 Posts
XD

I meant Ni users usually wrap in their thoughts in what appear to be (and often are) conclusions. I find that Ne users like to 'poke' at them, to have them elaborated, to see how they were reached. Ne being able to see multiple possibilities on each point can 'shake' the pattern Ni threaded, at times finding a point that leads to a completely new way of seeing things and that 'destroys' (part of what I meant by 'exploding') the previous opinion. It's a good thing because it means growth. :) (I would only be able to handle that in small doses, though)

(By the way, this ^ is a question, not a statement. :p)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On a serious note, to answer your question:

First off, I've always viewed the ENTP forum as a collection of craziness and generally, a ball of quirky amusement. Now, if every post in the ENTP is full of madness, another ridiculous post will seem normal, even collected due to the flow of the thread.

Now then, let's take a look at the INTJ forum- hm...yes. It's all very calm and collected. Very organized. Throw an ENTP into the mix and he will stand out because of the difference of style in which he posts versus the INTJs around him.

There it is! That's an excellent point. Totally.

although I should have looked at the IXF forums, apparently...

·
Banned
521 Posts
XD

I meant Ni users usually wrap in their thoughts in what appear to be (and often are) conclusions. I find that Ne users like to 'poke' at them, to have them elaborated, to see how they were reached. Ne being able to see multiple possibilities on each point can 'shake' the pattern Ni threaded, at times finding a point that leads to a completely new way of seeing things and that 'destroys' (part of what I meant by 'exploding') the previous opinion. It's a good thing because it means growth. :) (I would only be able to handle that in small doses, though)

LOL I was just playing with you in my previous post :p

But yes, I do that all the time ahha

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
XD

In other words, in response to to the OP (using my preferred argot):

Y'all's up-TIGHT! But you be FRONTIN!!! YAO!!!

Thank you. Now returning to the ENTP forum.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In other words, in response to to the OP (using my preferred argot):

Y'all's up-TIGHT! But you be FRONTIN!!! YAO!!!

Thank you. Now returning to the ENTP forum.
Nice try, Slowpoke68. We can see your other posts and you're not fooling anyone over here.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I find this quality in ENTPs rather entertaining, in a good way of course. Perhaps it is because I rely on Ti as an INFJ rather than Te, so I don't feel disturbed by the random illogical things they sometimes throw out. To the contrary it engages my my own imagination. With an ENTP friend of mine this often leads us to a contest of who can say the most absurd thing and keep the most straight expression on one's face. He is a master of doing this, but I have found it to be equally fun to play this back at him.

May be in this way INTJs are easier to troll than INFJs. My Fe and ability to read other people's emotions and motives gives out the troll intent in ENTP and it takes a master actor to mislead me. It is difficult over the internet because I don't see people I interact with, but with my ENTP friend I can read his body language that provides lots of additional clues to when he is trolling and when he is serious. Then I am likely to play the same game back at him. Perhaps why ENTPs are more interested in trolling INTJs because they are more likely to get a straight-faced reply back, whereas I will simply coyly smile to myself and then put my imagination to work to formulate a troll-worthy reply.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I find this quality in ENTPs rather entertaining, in a good way of course. Perhaps it is because I rely on Ti as an INFJ rather than Te, so I don't feel disturbed by the random illogical things they sometimes throw out. To the contrary it engages my my own imagination. With an ENTP friend of mine this often leads us to a contest of who can say the most absurd thing and keep the most straight expression on one's face. He is a master of doing this, but I have found it to be equally fun to play this back at him.

May be in this way INTJs are easier to troll than INFJs. My Fe and ability to read other people's emotions and motives gives out the troll intent in ENTP and it takes a master actor to mislead me. It is difficult over the internet because I don't see people I interact with, but with my ENTP friend I can read his body language that provides lots of additional clues to when he is trolling and when he is serious. Then I am likely to play the same game back at him. Perhaps why ENTPs are more interested in trolling INTJs because they are more likely to get a straight-faced reply back, whereas I will simply coyly smile and then put my imagination to work to formulate a worthy reply to the troll.
So you think they're just being all cute while we get all riled...or even better, take them seriously so they can string us along?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hahahaha. Very nice.
Well, I /have/ found that ENTPs enjoy trolling.
And INTJs, you might be good targets for trolling, if you take everything they're saying too seriously.
okay, i wasn't going to respond as i thought my deer-tiger-laser spoke volumes. but now it's share a story time.

the ENTP i knew was my BFF for the longest time. we would have battle of wits or "pretend" arguments, etc. until he finally just gave up, as i could continue responding for the longer amount of time. i do not back down, no. i did notice that he was beyond sensitive sometimes. he always wanted compliments which i never gave and this made him insecure or something. if i wasn't giving them, he'd have to go find them before returning. maybe he wasn't even an ENTP. i'm still in the learning stage on how to type other people. i'm like 95% sure he was an ENTP. whatev, this is not even relevant.

i love to do what you all refer to as trolling. i'm positive i do it more than the average person, even when i don't realize. i do not plan it, i'm not all, "oh, let me go frolic in the land of troll", it's just too entertaining so it sneaks up on me. i do it all over and gaming and even real life (though isn't everything real life?) and what-have-you. when the ENTP and i would buddy up, we coerced.. we massacred. love rises out of people. MAKE THEM BITCHES RESPOND. okay. anyway, the one difference was that i'd be the one that got banned, while he at the last minute he reeled it in and i had to then pretend i cared, only to be unbanned and repeat the cycle. a few times. THEY NEVER LEARN.

are INTJs not supposed to be capable of trolling? it's a favored hobby of mine. it can be too easy sometimes. i personally prefer challenges. and i'm also good at recognizing trolling. i'm not oblivious.

as a side note, when INTJs do remark with something serious, we could easily be faking it to see how you respond. it's just another form of said trolling.

maybe i'm the only INTJ that is almost never serious. ever. makes me doubt my INTJ, bro. i think the only time i am ever serious is on this forum or serious debates. this is mainly because i do not feel like being banned (or whatever it is you do) at the current moment. i must contain myself. ladeda, there you go.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts