Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seriously don't have any depth.
You are impatient and on the go type of people.
Who just live in the 'moment'
I envy you and at the same time hate you for this.

You have no idea you hurt people feelings so many times.

·
Registered
24,003 Posts

For somebody that seems to be criticizing an entire type for not having any depth, your comment comes across asininely shallow.

Reactions: Roslyn

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,369 Posts

You're stereotyping. This is seriously frowned upon. It is considered poor manners. Have you had a bad experience with someone who happened to be an ESTP, or are you just trolling?

Reactions: Roslyn

·
Registered
947 Posts

You don't see anything hypocritical about your post?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're stereotyping. This is seriously frowned upon. It is considered poor manners. Have you had a bad experience with someone who happened to be an ESTP, or are you just trolling?
I am sorry, but that's the experience I have had with like 5 ESTPs.
Lastly with my ESTP boss who said she didn't have any other options for me. I hadn't told her about my chronic illness. But gave all the indirect indications.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't see anything hypocritical about your post?
What else do you expect from a hurt emotional person?

Can you focus on the last line and talk about it?

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
681 Posts
What else do you expect from a hurt emotional person?

Can you focus on the last line and talk about it?
If someone has hurt your feelings, it will not justify you hurting someone else's. These ESTPs are not the ones who hurt you, and your comments could be read as hurtful by them. Instead of starting with accusations, perhaps you can ask it this way, "Hi, how would I get along with ESTPs? I seem to often have trouble with people typed this way."

Alternatively, you can browse through the "Ask a ESTP thread" where many of their type has generously given their time to answer questions.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
165 Posts

I'm sorry if someone hurt your feelings in the past or recently. I understand the frustration. But I'm sorry to say I can't agree with the tone of this post, it feels hurtful to ESTP. I just hope that wasn't your intention. I know someone may have hurt your feelings but don't let that take over you cause your just gonna hurt others

These feel like stereotypes, but I understand how they could feel true. My brother is an ESTP as I've said before on here and he can be very impatient at times. But he is far from shallow and lacking in depth.
He doesn't always show it, but he in incredibly smart and analytical about things. And being his sister I think I'm one of the few people that actually gets to see that, because he doesn't wanna show everyone he's a dork hahaha When I told him about mbti he thought it was stupid, but I learned he just didn't like his type because of all those stereotypes.
Estps can be quick and blunt at times from my own experiences, and they have hurt my feelings, but they don't mean to do that. And the last thing you ever want to do is say an to an ESTP that they have no emotions and are heartless when it comes to any feelings. That will cut them deep and they will hate you, again from my own experiences.
Stereotypes don't make a personality type, or a person.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 514
532 Posts
Perhaps, there is some truth to what those ESTPs said to you?
I think you already know you are at least partially at fault, is that why you are so defensive?

If there are five different examples of people who you describe not having any "depth", maybe the issue is on you and your inability to communicate with others?
For example, your ESTP boss probably can't read minds. If you were not direct with her, then you possibly can't blame her for not understanding your predicament.

Also, your boss should be primarily concerned on whether you can do the job or not. You are the one who assumed the job (and all of the responsibilities associated with it). If she has tried to work with you, and you are not even being direct with him/her, then what did you think would happen?

And trust me, I'm no master at communication. But I try not to blame other people for my own mistakes. Instead, I focus on what can I do to improve next time.
I think your main issue is that you deflect blame. But if you do that, there is no way to improve.

My advice to you would be to not throw stones at someone from inside a glass house.
Most of the arguments you made can be easily thrown back at you, as you see what is happening right now.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,369 Posts
Lastly with my ESTP boss who said she didn't have any other options for me. I hadn't told her about my chronic illness. But gave all the indirect indications.
I'm sorry, your sample rate isn't large enough to consider it valid enough to make such a blanket generalization. How could your boss make any relevant decisions concerning your chronic illness if you didn't fully disclose it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Instead of hinting around things, why not just be honest & tell her about your illness? Let's be real, people don't always pick up hints well. You might think something is beyond obvious, but sometimes it's not. Better to just be direct. It'll give you peace of mind that there's no ambiguity, & it hopefully should allow her to respond more reasonably. If she still doesn't, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that though, not all ESTPs are hurtful. I understand that being hurted could leave traces, but at the same time the title itself may hurt them. I don't think that's the right title on how to get rid of getting hurt by them

also,

I love ESTPs they're just free spirited, cool and fun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts