Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a thread the other day, and saw many posts about INFP's being the 'best' lovers. Is it because we're more romantic or what? I find this a really bold statement on our part, but if I have the right evidence I think i'd *very* willingly be convinced :proud:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I mean, I would think we'd be fantastic emotional lovers. I cant see many INFP'ers being so extroverted as to find themselves in a new bed each night.

I would agree we are the best 'lovers' in the way that we're very in tune with our feelings and able to perceive the feelings of others. So we'd be able to give what they desire, emotionally and I guess- physically as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
"I cant see many INFP'ers being so extroverted as to find themselves in a new bed each night."

guhhhh, yeah.....

When the physicall part comes in i can, for some reason, fake the emotional part pretty well and make it seem amazing. dont judge me... :laughing:

Reactions: yourstruly

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
....hard to define, I mean....unless "loving" becomes an Olympic event and they start handing out medals
yeah, hahahaha

I would agree we are the best 'lovers' in the way that we're very in tune with our feelings and able to perceive the feelings of others. So we'd be able to give what they desire, emotionally and I guess- physically as well.
But isn't being in touch with your feelings also established by your Enneagram? I know many(most, even) INFP's are 4's, which would back up your statement, but type 5 and 6 are of the Head Triad, and although we may be emotional we might not necessarily be 'in tune' with our emotions. I know that one of the biggest challenges of the Head Triad is to recognize our feelings instead of letting us overwhelm us.

Just sayin' ;) I don't know how applicable it is to the topic or not, but I thought it worthy of a mention

"I cant see many INFP'ers being so extroverted as to find themselves in a new bed each night."

guhhhh, yeah.....

When the physicall part comes in i can, for some reason, fake the emotional part pretty well and make it seem amazing. dont judge me... :laughing:
Yeah, since we are quite intuitive of others I can see how reciprocating the emotions expected of great lovemaking could be a strong point of ours ;) No judgements at all, I can do the exact same thing >.> in fact, it irks me quite a bit ... but thats neither here or there

·
Registered
231 Posts
I really do think it's because the desire to please and make another person ecstatically happy is the number one priority of most INFPS. It is for more anyway!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, that too!

That's the one thing I've noticed about every INFP I've ever met: The ability to see good in every thing and every person. I think that's a wonderful trait...it's just sad that there are people in this world who are capable of taking advantage of that type of kindness.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i have yet to meet another infp which is very depressing :( but i can definitely see that it is an infp trait. It's a trait that i love but has caused me a lot of confusion and disappointment with people.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I think it is because we care so deeply about the other sometimes even to the detriment of ourselves.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
(waits for all the people who have been in relationships with infps' bunk the theory infps' are the greatest lovers).

Obviously there are going to be come infps' who aren't in successful relationships, there will be some who are. I doubt you could even make a general statement about what type is a better lover, because the idea of a good lover, will be different to each type.

·
exploring space
9,948 Posts
I'm not sure one can say that a type is the best lover because sex is about both and how they match. We might be good at emotional sex more than others but in general I don't know.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Taken from INFP Woman

She can be a marvelous lover, for she is fully capable of becoming a most satisfying partner because she is deeply sincere & unable to fake an intimate response. The joy she feels at the release of previous restraints will delight any man. She will reciprocate passion with a fervor that will stir his heart & stimulate him to his best performance. She may even become a slave to her sexual pleasures. She is strongly maternal & dotes on admiration, loving to be told how beautiful she is. There is a wonderful part of her that is wanton & wild. This woman is a treasure!

Sounds like me:crazy:

I think what make us good lovers is what others have already said, we are so in tune with what our partner wants and feels that we are able to know instinctively and instantly what that is and then to honestly and joyfully give it to them. Also, we highly prize authenticity -- I've been known to answer a little too honestly before, for example. However, it was worth it because next time things went differently and I was pleased and he felt like King Kong. haha.

However, yes -- to be scientifically sound and to ensure accurate data, I'm afraid I'll have to sleep with every type *sigh*. I'll soon be posting a sign up sheet with dates, times and locations (as well as preferred positions?).

Disclaimer: Those with STD's or any history of stalking or psychosis need not 'apply' :laughing:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love hearing that, but sometimes it irks me. Perfection and best are a matter of opinion.

I believe I'm a good lover because of how much I do and I want to do. I sit there and think about ways to make the other person happy, and I never reuse one. Each idea is for that person specifically and they're usually made around inside things and what the other person wants. Like for my last ex I wrote him a poem about our relationship and my feelings, got a shit-ton of kiss-tabs (something my friends and I do) and the last volume of a manga series that he's been collecting for the last ten years for Valentines day, a holiday that I hate, but he loves. But he broke up with me, and I still gave them to him.

Also, everything we do and say is honest and meaningful. When we say "I love you" you may have to wait, but it's true. And we treat you like gold. We find legit reasons to do so, we don't make them up.

What really annoys me though, is when someone doesn't do the same. I choose my partners with such care that it feels like I'm being betrayed when it turns out they never liked me in the first place (this has been my experiance with both people I dated). I now have a complex and am almost avoiding relationships.

And the issue of sex. Most INFP's will wait until we really feel comfortable with you. I find it really amusing when I'm with a large group of guys and we're goofing off and the subject of sex comes up and I say I'm a virgin and half the guys leave in the next ten minutes. So if you like a person who's just for you and treats you like gold, then we're awesome. But be prepared to do the same thing, or else you can pack your bags and go.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
we hold back so much emotion normally that once we have a chance to show how much we like someone it's an explosion of passion..or well thats my theroy

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
we hold back so much emotion normally that once we have a chance to show how much we like someone it's an explosion of passion..or well thats my theroy
That is certainly the case for me. I am always that iceberg, hiding 80% of me. But when I am with my gf all the inhibitions become meaningless. Its very much more an emotional rather than a physical experience though.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the issue of sex. Most INFP's will wait until we really feel comfortable with you. I find it really amusing when I'm with a large group of guys and we're goofing off and the subject of sex comes up and I say I'm a virgin and half the guys leave in the next ten minutes. So if you like a person who's just for you and treats you like gold, then we're awesome. But be prepared to do the same thing, or else you can pack your bags and go.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahahahahahahahahha its true; thats a really good way of seeing if a guy really likes you for you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts