1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I could ask the same about ENFP's.

INTP's and ENFP's lack of communication toward each other and their misinterpretation is actually a larger problem (not just a one case issue).

I'm not making this up.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Cause...we arent shallow?
NT's at least arent

·
Registered
474 Posts
Because we spent nearly all of our life working on our intellect, the INtroverted Thinking, leaving behind a repressed and absolutely explosive reservoir of Feels (Fe) to catch up with. Naturally we try to filter it through our First function, Thinking, which obviously doesn't always work out so well because emotions are fundamentally not rational. Nor should you want them to be.

We're scholars and polymaths when it comes to language, but idiots when it comes to emotions because it's our weakest muscle and we stereotype it by analyzing it with our foremost strength.

I like to use Austrian Psychologist Wilhelm Reich's theory of repression at hand when discussing this topic, I find it immensely useful in describing how the divide is born.

Because it's not as if your emotions are nonexistent until you come upon their sharp realization, it's like a river that has a dam built up around it, the water doesn't just disappear, the energy just pools elsewhere until it has a chance to release its pressure. Path of least resistance style.

It's gonna be a stumpy function for a while, get used to it, and tap into it as often as you can if its your weak point, and if you're in this section of the forums, odds are it is. Learn to integrate the whole, not just the pieces of your person.

Symbol Clip art Icon

dbmorpher said:
It's everyone else and the stupid chemical reactions they cause that's complicated.

But don't forget that you're an integral part of that chemical reaction. There is no reaction without.^

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I don't understand this thread. The question should be why are INTP's so random?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It's not random just a very quick thought process
Probably true or a quick process of linking things together that aren't obvious when you can't see the links behind them.

Reactions: kannbrown

·
Registered
INTP
7,072 Posts
I could ask the same about ENFP's.

INTP's and ENFP's lack of communication toward each other and their misinterpretation is actually a larger problem (not just a one case issue).

I'm not making this up.
My ex is an ENFP.

I fully, wholeheartedly, and with much regret, completely understand you.

No surprise it didn't last. We did try though.

Toughest relationship ever.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.