1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jealous? Be more specific.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would have thought the answer would be fairly intuitive... ENFPs idealise the INTJ, obviously and vice versa, I daresay. And when you have a system like the MBTI creating these hypothetical constructs of a personality based on the profiles and stereotypes, it becomes so very easy to fall into the idealization trap, Y/N? The INTJ thread is like a love-fest of ENFP/INTJs being cute and sappy with each other lol so saccharine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jealous? Be more specific.
In this context, jealousy refers to hoping that qualities of INTJs rub off on ENFPs. ENFPs are seeking self-improvement by interacting with INTJs more often. ENFPs want to be like INTJs.

Let's just say this video helps to explain how ENFPs feel about INTJs. ENFPs are like the orangutan and INTJs are like Mowgli.
I hope that's specific enough for you.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Same reason ISTJ forums get a lot of xNFPs: They're told their "opposite" is perfect for them and, convinced they're incomplete, seek out completion.
Extroverts tend to drive me crazy. My perfect mate is an introvert, most probable would be INFJ. Even in school, I have only ever bonded with introverts and this was long before I even knew about introversion and extroversion or any of these types. When I think back, I have never bonded with any extrovert, maybe because I don't like getting unwanted attention and publicity from strangers. Actually, ESFP is the true opposite of INTJ, but I have never heard about them lurking with the INTJs.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Extroverts tend to drive me crazy. My perfect mate is an introvert, most probable would be INFJ. Even in school, I have only ever bonded with introverts and this long before I even knew about introversion and extroversion or any of these types. When I think back, I have never bonded with any extrovert, maybe because I don't like getting unwanted attention and publicity from strangers. Actually, ESFP is the true opposite of INTJ, but I have never heard about them lurking with the INTJs.
Probably because it's all based in nothing more than romanticism.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Same reason ISTJ forums get a lot of xNFPs: They're told their "opposite" is perfect for them and, convinced they're incomplete, seek out completion.
Something along this might be true. There's a lot of talk about ENFP-INTJ compatability. Not sure if there actually is a general compatability between us, but I know that I like ENFPs, in real life anyway. That's why I lurk the ENFP forums too. ENFP and ISTJ.

I can't say I find the ENFPs on the INTJ forums to be more redundant than other types to the point of annoying me.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
We are attracted to what is our opposite but still made from the same exact material, intjs brains are tastier indeed @Nafatali
And so full of wonderful Mazes that is impossible to stay away

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Extroverts tend to drive me crazy. My perfect mate is an introvert, most probable would be INFJ. Even in school, I have only ever bonded with introverts and this long before I even knew about introversion and extroversion or any of these types. When I think back, I have never bonded with any extrovert, maybe because I don't like getting unwanted attention and publicity from strangers. Actually, ESFP is the true opposite of INTJ, but I have never heard about them lurking with the INTJs.
All I've ever known were Es, so I had no choice but to try to get along with them.

For me, the difficulty with bonding with extroverts comes from the choice that Es tend to make, to skim the surface of things. I bond better with Ns, extroversion/introversion notwithstanding. N types seem to have an internal creativity and depth that I require to form any type or relationship at all.

Having dealt with all other types EXCEPT INTJ (because I can't find one -- I'm thinking of taking out an ad on craigslist), INTJ is my first choice. My INFP daughter is often acceptable since we can both sit quietly in the same room for hours without disrupting the other.

The extroverts are loud, and often annoying. There, I said it. :)

(Apologies for not addressing the issue... slight diversion from topic.)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just seem to be seeing the same boring and redundant responses from the ENFPs; I'm just sick of the redundancy.
I'm seeing the same redundant reponses from the INTJs (and I won't even exclude myself). If you're sick of it, why not just ignore it? That's what I'd do. I think for new members it's just more interesting to read "live" responses - therefore the repetition.

As for the ESFPs: Since you asked a repetitive question, I'll give a repetitive and simplified answer. IMO ESFPs are shallow.

·
Spam-I-am
13,667 Posts
it's really no big deal, I highly doubt the majority of ENFP's out side this board realize we even exist or care. the average age group on here is probably 14-24 and is non reflective of society out side of planet cybertron 14.....hold on one sec I hear heavy breathing out my window.....DAMN IT I TOLD YOU ENFP'S TO QUIT STALKING ME NOW GET THE FUCK OFF MY ISLAND...o.k.i'm back now where was I ? oh yea if you don't like the threads then don't read them

·
Registered
524 Posts
Because we're supposedly the most compatible. The truth is unless there's that initial "spark", they get along terribly in any real life situation.

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
Actually I lurk into all forums to be frank- I was curious to see the similarities and differences upon types- I guess it's good to ftd multiple of different insights in certain topics- I guess I started getting curious about Intj bc one of you guys enter our forums asking questions - I enjoy reading Intj responses bc it's so different from how I view things . But no I'm not jealous nor obsess with or attracted to you guys- I usually like the person for who they are , not the type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Swede

·
Registered
183 Posts
In this context, jealousy refers to hoping that qualities of INTJs rub off on ENFPs. ENFPs are seeking self-improvement by interacting with INTJs more often. ENFPs want to be like INTJs.

Let's just say this video helps to explain how ENFPs feel about INTJs. ENFPs are like the orangutan and INTJs are like Mowgli.
I hope that's specific enough for you.
Still. Jealous? Not really. Admire? Sure. I'm much less like the king of apes and more like Baloo. Let's just hang out and eat.

Reactions: KittyKraz13

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
idk I wish more ENTPs would come over and we could have a party

Or rather - a small get-together. Like a house party.

Cuz I don't like big parties.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why are the ENFPs the most frequent types of extroverts to lurk the INTJ threads?

I honestly would like to hear the opinions of the other extroverts as well; I just seem to be seeing the same boring and redundant responses from the ENFPs; I'm just sick of the redundancy.

My hypothesis is that ENFPs are jealous and obsessed with INTJs. Anybody else agree? What are your thoughts?
The fact that a personality type exists that isn't necessarily charmed by their flakiness and nosy behavior makes them go overboard trying to get attention.

I, too, lurk here. You guys are a similar type with an interesting Te twist. I am bored of serious threads filling up with cutesy crap. As soon as a thread heads in that direction, I abandon it. Otherwise, it feels like somebody holding me down and displacing all my thoughts with Styrofoam peanuts.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts