Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's established scientifically that IxFP are the most at risk. Yet when I look at the list of notable people with the disorder, a lot fall supposedly within the ExTJ area. The most familiar ones I would say are: Jim Carrey, Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Uma Thurman, Courtney Cox, and Winston Churchill.

I've also found a few on the ExFP and ExTP (I think just Winston Churchill here), but that's about it.

I know a few ExTJ's on this forum have been through this kind of experience, so I wanted to ask what actually caused this problem for you folks?

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
I am an INFP, so I cannot give you an answer based on anything but what I have observed in the ExTJs I know and used to know. I know they have, especially ENTJs, great expectations of themselves. I have seen an ENTJ go unhealthy and fall into depression, and it is far from beautiful. As I said, I am not an ExTJ, but I have been close to some (which are one of the most intense and strangest friendships ever) and from my experience, they fall into depression when they decide for themselves that there is absolutely no hope. Their Fi attacks them. They drown in their own feelings that attacks them because they had high expectations, but they weren't fullfilled, and they couldn't reach or accomplish what they truly wanted.

When Fi has fallen to the bottom of something, like an ExTJ losing hope and thinking there is no meaning in trying ever again, they will be extremely hard to help. You can't change their mind. I think this goes for Fi in general. Sometimes you can't pull them out of their own darkness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts