Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really understand.
Most sexual 4s I read about here seem to be going on about intense romantic or sexual relationships, intense emotions and about getting angry (mostly INSIDE their head or at themselves, which is something a 4 sx would want to avoid usually). While that could point to being a sexual 4, it can also point to many other types. Including sp 4, so 4, 9, 2, 6.... the list goes on.

A sexual 4 is competitive, hostile, angry and wants to be better than anyone else.
They usually don't even feel that this is because of their shame and envy and low self esteem.

They can seem very 8 or very 2. Angry to get what they want and/or seducing/loving to get what they want.

And while introverted, their need to compete drives them outwards. Imagine those "typical" villains. Some have this very, very sad back story. With a lot of pain, shame. Then they turn evil and hostile. That's obviously a very unhealthy representation, but unless you are very healthy you will still resort to that behavior. And it's visible, not just in your head. You want to make it visible.
They also usually won't get self aware until they break down, go to therapy or reach higher levels of health.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it's because the generalized sx4 description happens to coincide with a number of life experiences and idealizations that occur universally across young people. What young person wishes to not be unique? Individual, fer cryin out loud. Sexual?

The largess of important data though, the sort that becomes difficult to ignore eventually, and providing self-clarity, it hasn't occurred yet. As an actual E type, sx4 is pretty rare.

If I sound like i'm re-typing people here I'm not, it's just that too many are too functional, polite, an-intimate, or otherwise non-controversial/non-temperamental..... on the low-side, this type could be an emotionally-invested dickhead. Where are the dickheads? In Rome?

But, everyone makes their own journey, cuts their own deal, finds out the mysteries of life for themselves. At least the ones that stick. I get it, life's rich pageant.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's because the generalized sx4 description happens to coincide with a number of life experiences and idealizations that occur universally across young people. What young person wishes to not be unique? Individual, fer cryin out loud. Sexual?

The largess of important data though, the sort that becomes difficult to ignore eventually, and providing self-clarity, it hasn't occurred yet. As an actual E type, sx4 is pretty rare.

If I sound like i'm re-typing people here I'm not, it's just that too many are too functional, polite, an-intimate, or otherwise non-controversial/non-temperamental..... on the low-side, this type could be an emotionally-invested dickhead. Where are the dickheads? In Rome?

But, everyone makes their own journey, cuts their own deal, finds out the mysteries of life for themselves. At least the ones that stick. I get it, life's rich pageant.
True, in my experience it's very difficult to type under the age of 23 or 24. Of course that depends on the person, but most young people don't know themselves very well yet and they are still very much about image combined with the issues of being a young human being and puberty. It's just a part of growing up and needs to be taken into consideration when typing, but I think most descriptions aren't really talking about young people.
Especially when mental illness is another factor, typing as 4 sx or 4 in general is very easy I think.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sx 4s are few and far between.

its a rare type to find on forums like this but an easy type to find a lot of people mistyping as.

its an especially popular mistype for introverted female 3w4s...

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

its a rare type to find on forums like this but an easy type to find a lot of people mistyping as.

Yes, I was also wondering about motivations for a sx 4 to be on a forum like this. There are some reasons, obviously, but I don't see a great amount of them being interested in a forum like this. And even more than: until a sx 4 would type as a sx , a lot of time would probably pass. It's a very painful typing. Typing is always painful, if correct, but I think for a sx 4 especially. They have to face, what they put all their enegry in to hide. Other types often are at least kindaaa aware of their shit.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't know, it could be a common mistype. I'm a 4w5 and I have no idea if I'm sp / sx / so but I definitely didn't relate very much to the sx definition on here. I can be competitive and I definitely strive for individuality, but I would not say I'm angry or envious towards others if I fail. It's much more about me and less about others. Maybe based on that I'm sp, lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I was also wondering about motivations for a sx 4 to be on a forum like this. There are some reasons, obviously, but I don't see a great amount of them being interested in a forum like this. And even more than: until a sx 4 would type as a sx , a lot of time would probably pass. It's a very painful typing. Typing is always painful, if correct, but I think for a sx 4 especially. They have to face, what they put all their enegry in to hide. Other types often are at least kindaaa aware of their shit.
As a type4 sx/sp,
I agree with your point that sx4 desire is to being competitive
That is the reason I always on this forum, to have more self-improvement,
more insight about me. The best control, improvement tools are to understand well myself.
So it brings more confidence and courage to be superior in society.

But for the hostile and angry, I admitted that it is true,
At hostile action is more often to come up on the water surface when it is on competing moment.
For unreasonable projecting angry emotion to others, I would describe it as an unhealthy level,
as I would project my enormous emotion to music, hobbies and arts.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a type4 sx/sp,
I agree with your point that sx4 desire is to being competitive
That is the reason I always on this forum, to have more self-improvement,
more insight about me. The best control, improvement tools are to understand well myself.
So it brings more confidence and courage to be superior in society.

But for the hostile and angry, I admitted that it is true,
At hostile action is more often to come up on the water surface when it is on competing moment.
For unreasonable projecting angry emotion to others, I would describe it as an unhealthy level,
as I would project my enormous emotion to music, hobbies and arts.
Sure! I usually talk about unhealthy levels of types, it's just easier for me.

·
Registered
15,053 Posts
Yeah, most would be mistyped. There's a problem with people thinking they're 4 because a lot of the behavioral descriptions don't actually have to do with the real core fears and desires. They just don't really get enneagram.

I agree, a ton of introverted 3w4s are definitely mistyping as 4s. They don't want to see themselves in the 3 description because most are written as extraverts, despite them fitting the core fears and desires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts