Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I genuinely don't understand this. When I ask for feedback on someone's type, I'm NOT doing it to be annoying. I just honestly enjoy feedback. I like to have a consensus of opinions, rather than just my own. I enjoy seeing someone say;

"Well in your post you identified them as ISTJ, but considering that it seems they use a lot of Fe, they may in fact be an ISFJ."

Whenever I make type X person threads, and I don't just mean here, I mean on any site. Zero responses. When I do get responses it's never positive, or even remotely helpful. Honestly getting a non-helpful response is more annoying than getting none.

Such as when I want to type someone, and get told to introduce them to MBTI, and let them figure it out. My friends in real life have NO INTEREST in MBTI. If they were into it, I wouldn't be asking random, strangers on the internet what they thought.

On a certain point-scoring website, asking for someone to be typed usually results in the post getting down-voted to all heck.

I'm just...I'm kind of peeved is all. I don't normally get this fired up over things, and I understand I might come across as being whiny, but I really would like an answer to this.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
It's because no one wants to spend a good time wasted on debating about some celebs personality label especially when the whole fucking thing is flawed, not only that but it leads to pointless debates because someone has 'x' and not 'x'. I've seen these get heated up and its funny how people waste so much time proving it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's because no one wants to spend a good time wasted on debating about some celebs personality label especially when the whole fucking thing is flawed, not only that but it leads to pointless debates because someone has 'x' and not 'x'. I've seen these get heated up and its funny how people waste so much time proving it.
It's even funnier how people waste so much time on MBTI forums discussing something that doesn't exist

·
Registered
314 Posts
1. Because this is the General MBTI discussion forum; use the Guess Type forum.
2. People will most likely not offer their opinion unless it is a celebrity which they are already familiar with. People don't want to spend time on something they have no interest in.

So yeah: Ask in the appropriate places, and if you are not receiving any responses it is because no one knows. / is interested.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,662 Posts
I genuinely don't understand this. When I ask for feedback on someone's type, I'm NOT doing it to be annoying. I just honestly enjoy feedback. I like to have a consensus of opinions, rather than just my own. I enjoy seeing someone say;

"Well in your post you identified them as ISTJ, but considering that it seems they use a lot of Fe, they may in fact be an ISFJ."

Whenever I make type X person threads, and I don't just mean here, I mean on any site. Zero responses. When I do get responses it's never positive, or even remotely helpful. Honestly getting a non-helpful response is more annoying than getting none.

Such as when I want to type someone, and get told to introduce them to MBTI, and let them figure it out. My friends in real life have NO INTEREST in MBTI. If they were into it, I wouldn't be asking random, strangers on the internet what they thought.

On a certain point-scoring website, asking for someone to be typed usually results in the post getting down-voted to all heck.

I'm just...I'm kind of peeved is all. I don't normally get this fired up over things, and I understand I might come across as being whiny, but I really would like an answer to this.
I think it's also a matter of who X is... Because I have a person (one of my favourite actresses) and I'm really curious of seeing what type people think she is, but I'm not sure how many people would be able to actually do an MBTI analysis of her. I'm not sure how many people know about her or enough to form an opinion, so I won't even start a thread about it and ask people to watch a 20 min video of her discussing a mini-series that most people may not have even seen. I'd like people to have the patience to bear with me and satisfy my curiosity, but unfortunately they don't have that patience.

So the non-helpful responses aren't in my view a matter of the threads being hated, as much as it is a matter of most people don't have enough information to formulate an opinion. Basically, you need 2 things here: 1. MBTI knowledge and 2. Interest in the specific person you want typed... Maybe you can find one or the other, but it's very rare to find both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Absolutely right.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I hate only the ones in which people try to type people they don't know at all (mostly the ones about typing public figures). It seems stupid and pointless because familiarity with a person is absolutely crucial for an accurate typing. I suppose those people may be satisfied with an inaccurate typing, however...maybe it's just for fun, a type of fun I don't get.

I don't hate the threads that are about typing friends/family/etc., but a lot of them are mildly disappointing or make me sigh because the OP doesn't give nearly enough information.

And anyways, the OP is the one person on PerC who knows the typee best, so the OP is the PerC member best suited to typing the friend. A bunch of complete strangers (everyone else on PerC) are the worst source of typing, so why ask people here?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts