Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,377 Posts
With such emphasis on being ourselves we give others permission to also express themselves, into an environment which lacks judgement. I guess this experience unlocks things within people, sometimes taking them back to fond memories of childhood where things were carefree. Subconscious tensions that developed early on in life can be resolved by going back to that place with the aid of emotional presence and gentleness, enabling the person to move on. The INFP's on Perc and irl have given me this affect many times, i think its why i like revisiting this place. It's a place to resolve conflict and just relax.

·
Premium Member
INFP
7,105 Posts
I have thought about it as not only people, but also... systems, things within, groupdynamics etc. A wish more than a skill often? to sense something is off, seek out the imbalance and try to provide space for it to grow whole again. I think I mainly think about this feeling of something not being right, and wishing for it to be so again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry I know this is an old post but I'd have to say we heal people through our art. We aren't necessarily externally focused like INFJs, but because our internal feeling is so incredibly strong, we feel things so deeply that we are able to make amazing art. Whether it be through writing, painting, music, film, etc. our creativity and emotion shines through and always ends up having a deeper message. INFPs always no matter what try to convey a deep message within their artworks and I've noticed that it can move people. It helps them relate, makes them feel less alone. I feel that INFPs were given this deep emotion and creativity to help heal people in this aspect.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was wondering also why are we caled healers?

I'm an INFP and I don't feel like a healer.

I obviously can't heal myself because I'm always suffering and want to kill myself because I just don't know how to deal with myself, other people and world.

I also don't feel like I can heal others because they are mostly anoyed by me and they just don't want to deal with me. I'm anoying, needy, too emotional, boring...

Maybe we could heal other people if they gave us a chance. And also we should a bit get ourselves together and stop the self pity and do nice things for ourselves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I really don't know what it is specifically but a lot of my friends call me their rock. It always surprises me when they say that because I don't usually see myself as the most nurturing person. I guess it's just listening and being empathetic that is considered healing. Don't know.

I do have a bluntness about me that some people might find healing. There are a lot of people who give generic advice or listen to a friend's problems and give advice that shows they have no idea what the friend is really upset about. I, however, am able to give advice specific to the person and the problem. Maybe that's what it means. I really have no idea because it's an unconscious thing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm no bandaid of this I'm sure, no remedy, no cure. I am the illegal drug, scoffed at by most, yet prove to relieve the pain by taking the wounded out of this world. When they go back to the place we left, it feels less strange, and they are more strong. Being heard in a world that doesn't listen can be very comforting, and learning about someone is something that fascinates me.

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,377 Posts
I was wondering also why are we caled healers?

I'm an INFP and I don't feel like a healer.

I obviously can't heal myself because I'm always suffering and want to kill myself because I just don't know how to deal with myself, other people and world.

I also don't feel like I can heal others because they are mostly anoyed by me and they just don't want to deal with me. I'm anoying, needy, too emotional, boring...

Maybe we could heal other people if they gave us a chance. And also we should a bit get ourselves together and stop the self pity and do nice things for ourselves.
This comment alone has healing qualities. One of the first steps to heal another is allowing the child in them to be expressed, we allow the child to speak through our capacity to describe emotion in such great that we can recreate it inside another person. This implanted emotion encourages the others inner child to speak which can come as a suprise to those who interact with us, particularly people who are foreign to that side to themselves. These type of experiences can unsettle people and they may keep their distance because of it.

In much the same way we can heal we can destroy a person from the inside out, so its a good idea to be responsible with thoughts. I like what you wrote at the end, follow that attitude than the one you began with. -Hugs-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.