Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this thread again today, and it has sparked the question.

What exactly makes us so scary? What types do you think we would scare the most? Which type do you think is the 'scariest'?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Once we were, good old times (ooops, Si woke up). And what's happening now?
Is this spring or INTJs lost the power? :wink: No, I'm winking.........

Today on INTJs agenda:
- Learn to love yourself
- INTJ confession thread
- INTJs and sex
- INTJ - drinking, smoking, skipping class
- Why are INTJs so sexy?
- What type of women like you?
- INTJs in love?
- Childhood?
- Unhealthy INTJs

and logical summary topic ;)
- INTJ or INFJ

·
Registered
156 Posts
We're not really scary , but we may come out to others as scary . I think that people are just astonished and in awe because of the fact that we can engage "Smile and agree" mode ( Well i call it that , I don't know how explain it otherwise ) or that we can just find logical loop-holes in each of their sentences or actions .
Conclusion:people are afraid of the unknown and we INTJ's are like modern-day hermits with minds too complex for them to understand .

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
INTJ only appear scary to those that have pr-determined expectations of how people in social settings should apprear, visually. When INTJ don't behave or engage in genstures that would be considered the " Norm" by these already pr-determinations , people automaically think they're diffrent. Different in the eyes of some people is scary , while to those who don't have these expectations, see those gestures as, hum, charming and alluring.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That would be a better question to ask an outside observer. Otherwise you start drawing the fakes in...

I believe we're scary because we're powerful when in leadership positions, and the quiet intensity that we have lets others know that without having to even be in the position of leadership. Also I have simply intimidated people with my academic intelligence (which to me is nothing significant).

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Hi there,

I have a task for you.

Go to the following link:
INTJ Forum - The Scientists

Read through some threads. Once you have had enough go to the previous page and read more threads.

Please tell me where exactly these 'scary' INTJs are. There are no vulcans, there are no sociopaths or serial killers and there are definitely no masterminds.
We are just people with a preference for certain cognitive functions. When we are not using Fi we are probably not smiling and are in somewhat deep concentration. This does not mean that we are trying to kill you with lasers coming out of our eyes.

This is not directed at the OP, it is directed at those who think that INTJs are scary.
Talk to me in person or on skype and you will see how gentle I am.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ha ha, just today I've noticed, that when I have my neutral face on (read: death stare) and add in a little sorrowful look, my expression becomes totally soul-destroying.

I agree with muchaparadox.

I'm too tired to type a full post.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You're not terrifying at all. The only people who think that are the fake INTJs who just want to cling onto and promote the stereotypes of the type, people who are only joking or people who think a whole type acts the same way entirely.
Don't know if they're fake or not, but the ones that are ego tripping and really really happy to have been typed as INTJ and really want people to notice their genius. Same with INTPs. And ENTJs. And probably others...

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I've noticed strong feelers have a tendency to accuse introverted thinkers of being somehow unbalanced or sociopathic. Probably because their barometer for what "normal" is has a lot to do with being a strong empath. Not all people who are lower in empathy are "sociopathic"...

I think INTJs/ENTJs (and plenty of INTPs) can tend to be cerebrally narcissistic, but extroverted feelers can tend to be somatically narcissistic. So whatevs.

I love INTJs. There I said it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
INTJs? Scary? Naw, they're just a bunch of big softies...

^ All right, just joking, just joking. :)

I can see why some people are scared. Sometimes when somebody posts a thread with an idea, an INTJ or INTP may simply discredit a person for one mistake they may have in their post and point it out quite bluntly. However, I know that most of you guys around here don't do that; this is simply what I noticed can happen on occasion. :) Or perhaps I'm getting this mixed up with certain experiences with my INTP brother. o_O Eh, well, forget it then.

However, once a person really get to know you guys, they'll find out that you're a bunch of nice, actually easy to approach (and sometimes read!) people. ^_^

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Those who follow conventional modes of thinking should be scared. Ignorance breeds fear, which breeds hatred and so on and so forth...INTJ or not

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw this thread again today, and it has sparked the question.

What exactly makes us so scary? What types do you think we would scare the most? Which type do you think is the 'scariest'?
I think its a misconception that NT types are scary. Personally, I believe non-NTs are just unenlightened; they fail to miss the bigger picture sometimes. They can't stand up to debate while they simultaneously refuse to conform to a logical mode of thinking.

I've often said that with respect to our society, it is the NTs who are the game changers, and so far it appears to hold true. If you find it intimidating, then stay out of our way. :p

Reactions: vanizorc
1 - 20 of 133 Posts