Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see whether INTPs can answer this question.

So often I hear what we are looking for in another person and that others can't measure up to certain standards we have.

What about standards that other people find value in? How do you think you measure up to those?

What do you offer someone else?

The question is not limited to romantic partners. You could discuss how you think you are a valuable friend.

Be as vain as you want. I'm interested to see how vain INTPs could get. If you're confident with the way you look physically, then by all means don't be restrained in saying so.

And, yes, I'm considerably bored or else I wouldn't have made this stupid thread.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be waiting a long time with the perfect storm of self-deprecation that goes on around here so I'll drop you a reply. I think people appreciate that I don't leave them hanging. Like hanging with a thread with no replies.
haha. Thanks for the pity reply. I'm definitely expecting a fair amount of self-deprecation.

·
Registered
164 Posts
INTPs are great at realizing they aren't that great...or maybe that's just me...

What makes me attractive? Well...I have a quirky personality and I am "that person" who says the thing everyone is thinking but no one wants to say. I have been told that I have a nice ass and I'm very skinny. I'm not afraid to have some fun! I like to drive fast and climb on the roof of my school and pull pranks on people and all that fun stuff! I'm decent at playing piano as well because I work my butt off at it (and where I'm from there aren't too many good players so I am one of the better players in my school). I also genuinely care about people and I am extremely loyal.
Some people also appreciate that I can have "deep" conversations about damn near anything. Some people don't care though.
That goes for everything though, I suppose. What I may consider my better qualities other people may hate about me.

And there's the positive side of my self-image in a nutshell!

·
Registered
126 Posts
My genuine, caring, and engaging personality, and my physical body. Heard that what women find attractive varies greatly though?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh,

This is like one of those job interviews I’ll probably have to face one day where they ask me what my good qualities are, I’ll be fucked.

The only thing I can think of that would work for me, with the right sort of person, would probably be my striving for honesty in communication.
Besides that......yeah.

Le trainwreck.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thread is going to be like pulling teeth.

The ENTJs would love this thread.

No more ego-boosts from other people.

Tell me why you're awesome.

I think it's important to have a healthy amount of confidence in one's looks, capabilities, etc., without relying on the validation of other people's opinions.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
They say I make them feel special and I stand out, or something. Being around this forum doesn't make me feel so 'outstanding' but yeaaah.

Just the whole awkwardness and caring and how I really support them. I am the listener kind which helps a lot.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
INTPs are great at realizing they aren't that great...or maybe that's just me...

What makes me attractive? Well...I have a quirky personality and I am "that person" who says the thing everyone is thinking but no one wants to say. I have been told that I have a nice ass and I'm very skinny. I'm not afraid to have some fun! I like to drive fast and climb on the roof of my school and pull pranks on people and all that fun stuff! I'm decent at playing piano as well because I work my butt off at it (and where I'm from there aren't too many good players so I am one of the better players in my school). I also genuinely care about people and I am extremely loyal.
Some people also appreciate that I can have "deep" conversations about damn near anything. Some people don't care though.
That goes for everything though, I suppose. What I may consider my better qualities other people may hate about me.

And there's the positive side of my self-image in a nutshell!
Yes. If you have a nice ass then be proud of it.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
INTPs are all attractive because they reek with Te awesomeness.

Toss in an ounce of confidence for them to savor and burn slowly and anyone nearby will be able to witness the miracle and beauty of the beautiful mind running its gears and work.

Te mustn't need words to explain things. Rather, Te should be spoken through action. Implementing theory to proof of concept is a sight to behold and bewilder!

The attraction of awe should speak for itself thereafter. My two cents.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have been told several times that I have a heart of gold. Whatever that means. I think I am a good listener. I am interested in the opinions of others and I make it a priority to be conscientious.

Looks? I guess I am actually natural, I don't do any of that fake tanning crap (or actual tanning) and don't bleach my hair like a lot of girls in California. I have been told I have pretty eyes:)

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I don't think that the people who have found datability value in me have seen the things that are -truly- valuable.. but instead:

- There have been people who have fetishized my body more than anything.
- Some of them are drawn to me because I'm 'not typical' -- but they can't really see what I really am, just that I don't act like most stereotypical girls.
- Some of them thought I could teach/nurture them.
- Some thought I was fun.
- Others probably didn't know what to think but ascribed whatever they wanted to see.

What I really have to offer.. thats too personal and intimate for public display.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
This thread is going to be like pulling teeth.

The ENTJs would love this thread.

I think it's important to have a healthy amount of confidence in one's looks, capabilities, etc., without relying on the validation of other people's opinions.
Yeah, the INTP aversion to confidence and confident people can be ... :frustrating:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
This is like one of those job interviews I’ll probably have to face one day where they ask me what my good qualities are, I’ll be fucked.
Those are so much fun.... just about as much fun as the question "what are some of your weaknesses?" because obviously you don't want to have bad weaknesses.

Aw man, plan shot down. Although, I do agree, having confidence in your own capabilities is something that is healthy.

You might be waiting a long time with the perfect storm of self-deprecation that goes on around here so I'll drop you a reply. I think people appreciate that I don't leave them hanging. Like hanging with a thread with no replies.
Yeah, there is a lot of self-depreciation going on in these threads. I don't know why, all the INTPs that I know are awesome.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Those are so much fun.... just about as much fun as the question "what are some of your weaknesses?" because obviously you don't want to have bad weaknesses.
That would be equally painful, but for a different reason. I’d be able to give hundreds of those, but I know that isnt the best of ideas so I’d need to pick ones that aren’t critical or they seem like they could be worked on. Oh man, I aint looking forward to that day.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts