Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has already been asked. But could you please explain?

Reactions: Fanille

·
Registered
250 Posts
I notice a lot of ENFPs seem to have a thing for ISTPs. It could be because we give off an air of confidence or because we stand up for those close to us, we're loyal but not to the point of stupidity and we're full of suprises but I think it's down to our snappy dress sense.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've noticed that I only seem to attract EXXJ men. Seriously don't know why, since I always end up either hurting their feelings or pissing them off with my P. But every time I turn around there's another one. I've never met an ENFP guy, I wonder if they are overly sensitive. My guess is yes...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've noticed that I only seem to attract EXXJ men. Seriously don't know why, since I always end up either hurting their feelings or pissing them off with my P. But every time I turn around there's another one. I've never met an ENFP guy, I wonder if they are overly sensitive. My guess is yes...
I seem to be an xNFP magnet.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Are you sure you're not here just to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids? ;)

I think enfj is prototypical female, and istp is the essence of "maleness".

There is a lot of attraction there. But I've really only read of it working like that... Where they istp is a guy and the enfj is a woman, and a lot of horror stories where it' the other way around. And even then it takes a lot of work to keep it going long term... More, I believe, than most people are willing to invest.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I only attract domineering J types.
I doubt that.
I would believe they are probably just aggressive enough to get our attention and be the ones to get noticed though.

My ENFJ does this. When she decides it's time for her to have my attention, she simply refuses to be ignored.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I doubt that.
I would believe they are probably just aggressive enough to get our attention and be the ones to get noticed though.

My ENFJ does this. When she decides it's time for her to have my attention, she simply refuses to be ignored.
Maybe this is true. The thing I don't like is that once I am forced to pay attention, there is always some sort of conflict involved. argh!

I did go out with an ESTP once, and I'll say that it was awesome in that there was zero conflict, only fun, no deep discussions about "communication" and "issues", and he let me drive his convertible even when I crashed it into curbs.
The bad thing is that it was a very very shallow association after a while. LOL

Oh well! Maybe I'll meet an introvert someday! hahahahaa

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I only attract weirdoes.

I dunno, could this "sexy" thing have to do with "un-clingy-ity"?

Reactions: Promethea

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I did go out with an ESTP once, and I'll say that it was awesome in that there was zero conflict, only fun, no deep discussions about "communication" and "issues", and he let me drive his convertible even when I crashed it into curbs.
The bad thing is that it was a very very shallow association after a while. LOL
That's interesting, Fixit. I knew a guy like that too, and the relationship was exactly as you describe (even the part about driving his car-- I didn't even have a license). I wonder if he was also ESTP? I suppose he could have been. The shallowness was a problem, yes... but in retrospect, the amount of fun we had outweighed it. And the total lack of "issues" was fantastic.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's interesting, Fixit. I knew a guy like that too, and the relationship was exactly as you describe (even the part about driving his car-- I didn't even have a license). I wonder if he was also ESTP? I suppose he could have been. The shallowness was a problem, yes... but in retrospect, the amount of fun we had outweighed it. And the total lack of "issues" was fantastic.
yes, that STP combination is loads of fun. :) He was a pilot too. the lack of problems is what keeps it going, but that also means there is little deeper connection. sigh.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
yes, that STP combination is loads of fun. :) He was a pilot too. the lack of problems is what keeps it going, but that also means there is little deeper connection. sigh.
Yeah this type of guy will make you feel appreciated, but it's pretty obvious they could easily substitute another girl in your place without too much of a difference. :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah this type of guy will make you feel appreciated, but it's pretty obvious they could easily substitute another girl in your place without too much of a difference. :)
My experience is pretty much on the contrary.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.