Personality Cafe banner

241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Administrator
14,957 Posts
I agree with this point!

Currently working on improving myself to prepare for the right one when she comes to my life. :)
I think that's a great idea!

Here, I'm going to also say, in a devil's advocate kind of way (because I know some of us can take it too far--I can), that there are limits to isolation and solitude, and that relationships and love can be really helpful and cathartic too--so it's not a hard-fast rule (or I don't know that rule).

It's like a balance of both is needed.

----
It can be hard because relationships can sometimes help inspire one to work on one's self. They can also be supportive for that--like being in love can help you move through things you need to heal.

I really wouldn't have been able to quit drinking, at least not at the times I did, without the support of important relationships. And that is a bit scary to me because I prefer to think I should be able to do everything on my own. Love and caring relationships can be great catalysts for positive change though imo. But friends and family and idk...maybe pets or counselors can also be healthy relationships that can strengthen your ability to make necessary changes that you want to make.

So just wanted to mention that the idea that you must be alone until you "fix" yourself can also be unhealthy at times...it just depends. Because I've also been there many times--self isolating, which isn't always what someone needs.

But I also find that it's easier to "work on myself" when it's something I actually am excited about working on--something that's been important to me (even if not important to anyone else really). So I find that more motivating than like, being miserable and then being like "I must change X about myself for someone else I haven't met yet." So, perhaps it's the importance of love even in the form of self love or love of life, which sometimes we put to the side for other people...or they can even be cultivated by healthy relationships (self-love and love-of-life).
-----

·
Registered
INFP
560 Posts
there are limits to isolation and solitude, and that relationships and love can be really helpful and cathartic too
I agree! I think the telltale sign that you've reached the limits of your isolation is independence. As in, you don't depend on others for happiness anymore, you're able to find it yourself.

So just wanted to mention that the idea that you must be alone until you "fix" yourself can also be unhealthy at times...it just depends.
Yeah, at the end of the day, it depends I guess. It's quite risky to just passively wait for someone to come to your life.

Some people that I know believe that all their problems will be solved the moment they met the right one. I always tell them, "instead of trying to find the right one, why not focus to be the right one instead?" Well.... Some of them didn't take that advice well. 😅

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Relationships with rivals or enemies might also help us become motivated to change for the better...

too thin
bad kisser

·
Premium Member
35,627 Posts
I sometimes make dinner at 02:51...in the night🤫

·
Registered
10 Posts
because it's easier for me to deal with the mechanics of Hearts of Iron IV than dealing with people! I have a hard time relating and maintaining a stable relationship! I think human beings are too complex for me, sometimes I consider dating a robot!

Why?

A robot will never cheat on me with another man!

A robot will always be affectionate and attentive to me

A robot will never judge me by appearance

As it is a robot, I can program it with a personality and beliefs compatible with mine!

Besides, a robot never rejected me or abandoned me!

·
Registered
XNFJ / 135 / 5w4
169 Posts
because it's easier for me to deal with the mechanics of Hearts of Iron IV than dealing with people! I have a hard time relating and maintaining a stable relationship! I think human beings are too complex for me, sometimes I consider dating a robot!

Why?

As it is a robot, I can program it with a personality and beliefs compatible with mine!

:O

·
Premium Member
35,627 Posts

Why?

Don't you find NPCs boring and predictable? Even if they randomize their behaviour, sooner or later they will repeat the actions...and it all seems fake. So fare.

Reactions: Arturo

·
Premium Member
35,627 Posts
Like... With my face... I don't even have to say anything.. I'm like 🙄 go away. WHY!! I don't know why I am like this :v
I am the same way. A few days ago I was in a mall and a guy smiled very warm to me for a long time, just standing there staring but I got so shocked that I just looked down and ran off lol. It was good though because I wasn't into him and I don't like to give the wrong impression. But even if I was interested I would just have done the same thing XD

Reactions: majogutierrez99

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't you find NPCs boring and predictable? Even if they randomize their behaviour, sooner or later they will repeat the actions...and it all seems fake. So fare.
I actually think NPCs are stupid ... They all think the same, dress in the same clothes, like the same things, have the same opinions, only think about sensory pleasure and material goods, and do not understand my ideas, etc. ...

·
Premium Member
35,627 Posts
I actually think NPCs are stupid ... They all think the same, dress in the same clothes, like the same things, have the same opinions, only think about sensory pleasure and material goods, and do not understand my ideas, etc. ...
I think I would hate to have a robot for a bf. if only for that reason. Now imagen them also rust away lol 😳

·
Registered
Eh? Just another heartless robot
151 Posts
I never really cared about having that kind of partner. I fell for girls but never wanted them to be my girlfriends. I was more into contemplate them and secretly admire them. Creepy I know.

·
Premium Member
35,627 Posts
I never really cared about having that kind of partner. I fell for girls but never wanted them to be my girlfriends. I was more into contemplate them and secretly admire them. Creepy I know.
I can't relate at all to not wanting to have a partner but very sweet and probably you have less relationships issues in your life to worry about lol. Not to mention the horrors of dating :S

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also wanted to be like this, not wanting to have a girlfriend ... But something forces me to want, it's like trying to be loved was a basic need of mine ....

·
Premium Member
35,627 Posts
:LOL:

You have to flirt

like this:

If I was to flirt I would blush, stutter say crazy stuff and accidently walk into a wall within 30 sec.

·
Registered
Eh? Just another heartless robot
151 Posts
I also wanted to be like this, not wanting to have a girlfriend ... But something forces me to want, it's like trying to be loved was a basic need of mine ....
I feel like I need to say something in respond, but having nothing useful to say. There is just a lot of ruckus about romantic relationships that I do not understand. Maybe is just that, maybe people need to stop overreacting to this issue and just relax. If someone likes you and you like that someone then what else is to be said?

·
Registered
XNFJ / 135 / 5w4
169 Posts
:v

241 - 260 of 283 Posts