Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have just realised that i am an ENFP. and reading about myself has been preeettttyyy interseting ... i came accross one specific problem i have faced often..

ITS very difficult for me to ask for help. i am always there for my friends giving a way too much. but when it comes to me the thought of asking for help just shudders me. as i have a few expectations and in my mind i beleive that nobody can match it.. i have always liked the idea of solving my own issues.. my friends even say that i have a wonder woman syndrome.. but i just cant get this idea of going to someone and say that hey.. i have been going through this shit and i need someone to talk to, can you help me. even if i go ahead with this particular step. i end up saying: i just want you to listen. i dont want suggestions as i have it all figured out.

is it just me or is it a common thing everyone faces?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
You're looking at it from a perspective of fairness and equality- which I can understand.. However 95% of people don't see the world that way. If that's really important to you- save that for the person you marry, but not just general people around you.

If I were you I would lower my standards for people's morality a bit, I know that's not straight-forward and will take time, but being 20% less idealistic and 20% more pragmatic will help you a lot I bet.

I do a masters on careers management, which does a lot of work on counselling- obviously people on the course are inclined to be open-minded and to listen, but the difference is night-and-day as soon as I leave the seminar and run into my housemates or friends.. Some people are great at it, and you are obviously one of them, but like I say 95% of the population could not give a rats ass. You need to find your own way to accept that and find your own place within this world.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I don't ask for help. I would try and solve everything at by myself. I get both critiques and compliments for it. Mostly it means everything takes longer if I don't know what I'm doing... but I learn more and I don't interrupt others. *shrug*

Reactions: The Producer

·
Registered
826 Posts
Typically, with the amount of friends your usual ENFP has in their life, they usually expect the distressed to ask them for help. Not the other way around. We're independent, asking others for help is usually not necessary. Fi claims emotional independence, Te says you can work best alone and at your own pace. If you were to work in groups, and be too hasty, this would come into conflict with your Fi because you're leaving others behind. Same thing for vice versa, in the case of you being too slow. Frustation would take over due to your inability to keep up and you'd take the solo route. These are the common traits of your creative free-spirited ENFP. They're not necessarily negative, but it comes with the package.

And for my answer, yes, I'm fiercely independent, but at the same time, somewhat selfless, and would like for others to come to me in their times of distress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts