Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some of the avatars and user names are fairly self explanatory, but some are not--and others are absolutely funny. (I saw "YourMom" today while I was reading what "God" wrote in a thread.)

My first avatar was of my Border Collie pup (who goes with me almost everywhere and is stretched out at my feet as I type), and the recent change was to the organized kitteh from LOLCats. I like cats (but I have to take allergy meds to be around them) and I enjoy reading LOLCats.

Niss63 is for Nissan (I'm an auto mechanic and I specialize in Asian cars with Nissan being my favorite) and 63 is my year of birth.

So what's your story? Share as much or as little as you like.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Avatar: Reminded me of a Western/Gangster movie, drinking and smoking in a bar.

User Name: I like hats and I am crazy.

·
Banned
932 Posts
name: I literally have no idea how I came up with it haha- maybe that's my Ne at work :p. I think I just wanted something easy to remember and I hadn't planned on staying as long as I have but I got sucked into all the forums... otherwise I probably would have put a lot more thought into it.

avatar: because I like it :) and I just wanted something simple... even though it took me forever to get one.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I use this User Name because I use the same User Name on other forums I frequent, too. No reason to have 5641534156 different User Names.
I am a really huge Star Trek fan and despite her getting the short end of the stick at the hands of the expansionist Federation constantly, I really like Commander Sela; she is the daughter of the human Tasha Yar and a Romulan General.
Sela - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

The avatar? I thought it was fairly obvious, but here's the explanation: I hate math. What better way to express it than to poke fun at the one subject that's always given me fits?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I signed up for an account while my youngest daughter was watching an episode of Dora the Explorer. There was something about "left boot, right boot" and since I couldn't think of anything else so I ran with it and thus used "lbrb". I'm currently trying to earn 10K gold so I can change it. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* Only 4K left to go. :dry: (Just kidding about the gold.)

My current avatar is from a friend of a friend. I hope that my photography will some day be on par with hers. :happy:

My former avatar ("Emotionally exhausted and morally bankrupt") is a line from a M*A*S*H episode, "Der Tag" (season 4, episode 17). One of my favorite lines. :laughing:

·
Registered
106 Posts
The avatar? I thought it was fairly obvious, but here's the explanation: I hate math. What better way to express it than to poke fun at the one subject that's always given me fits?
Now that's funny! :laughing:

Being of Swedish descent (O.K. I'm your typical American mutt, but my grandparents (Dad's side) came over from Sweden), "Skygghet" translates as "shyness, timid, reserved," so the avatar just fits.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Username: The firedancer is a symbol for Dave Matthews Band and of course 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. :wink:

Avatar: I'd always related to Hermione and then I saw this picture and completely understood why.

Reactions: Rhee, Sela and niss

·
Registered
447 Posts
Username: nosilla is Allison backwards. Allison is my first name IRL.

Avatar: It's a photo of a flower I took when I was at the Getty garden in LA. I love how the light is shining through the outer petals of the flower. And I love the green surrounding the white, as well as the nice diagonal line of the post on the right side of the image. Here is the original photo.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My username was derived from my actual name. I created it when I was I think thirteen or fourteen, and now use it for almost every online account I have. Force of habit, I guess xP

As for my avatar...it looked the best out of all the other options I had in mind. Process of elimination decided it for me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Username: I used to use "curseofsarcasm", but it didn't fit any more. So I identified the characteristic that gives me the most grief - practicality. "curseofpracticality" didn't flow, so I equated practicality with logic. Then "curse of" seemed clumsy, whereas "cursive" has similar phonetics, and added a semi-cryptic element. Hence, "cursivelogic".

Avatar: I was going to make an avatar to match my username, with logic in a cursive script. But I went with a photo of me IRL. It's black and white to remind me that as much as I would like it to be otherwise, the world - and me - are in fact shades of grey. Reverse psychology, if you will.

·
Registered
272 Posts
wow this question bring me back in time
my original nickname (Darkfire) was proposed to me by my best friend when i was 7 i was creating an account on a site and i had no idea what to pick so he proposed darkfire

i am a big gamer and using Darkfire in any MMO is really hard since there always someone who already used it
so i added a deviation in it when i was around 9 and it made Darkfiremen this is kinda funny because my dad is a firemen but at 9 i was only speaking french so i didnt knew

then around the age of 12 i got bored men and changed it for mat (Mat are the 3 first letter of my name (Mathieu))

as for my avatar i just couldnt find my boom headshot avatar so i used the first thing i found on my computer

·
Registered
295 Posts
My username evolved from the "Blue Fairy" in the movie Artificial Intelligence (long story). As for my avatar, red is my favourite colour and I love shoes.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Username: My name IRL means a flower and so petals suit, especially when I love nature.
Petals are soft, bright and colourful while stones are hard and dull. Since, I am a fan of oxymorons- petals of stone counts to be a perfect name- a contrast as to how petals could be made of stone. This is symbolic to my deep thinking personality as well. It is also a representative of my personality where me being an INTJ, appear to be cold and hard like stone but I do have a soft petal like core inside (you just won't get to see it though :happy:)

Avatar: Again, my avatar consist of bright flowers hanging on stone pillars. And combined with the fact that it consists of both of my two favourite colours- it makes for a perfect avatar.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Username: The firedancer is a symbol for Dave Matthews Band and of course 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. :wink:

Avatar: I'd always related to Hermione and then I saw this picture and completely understood why.
Really? I thought that the answer to everything was 47.
47 - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
Yes, I realize I'm a geek/nerd/whatever. :crazy:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Avatar: It's a photo of a flower I took when I was at the Getty garden in LA. I love how the light is shining through the outer petals of the flower. And I love the green surrounding the white, as well as the nice diagonal line of the post on the right side of the image. Here is the original photo.
That's very pretty. A few years ago, I saw the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Missouri Botanical Gardens in STL. The glass sculptures really blended in with the flowers quite well. Your picture reminded me of my visit there :happy:

·
Registered
117 Posts
name:I just love penguins.They are awesome.13 is one of my favourite numbers and I consider it lucky.
avatar:I am a huge fan of Olivia Wilde and I loved her portrayal of Alex Kelly on The O.C. She also happens to play Thirteen in House MD.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My user name is my gaming handle, it used to be Road_Trauma. I used this because one day in high school we had a paramedic come in and talk about road trauma, he said the words 'road trauma' so many times that that was all I could remember from the talk. I shortened it cuz in some games it was to long.

The avatar I use atm is just amusing to me.

Really? I thought that the answer to everything was 47.
47, Agent 47?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
47, Agent 47?
No, the number 47 is just an in-joke that's been used on Star Trek for like ... forever.
Examples:
"We are approaching Starbase 47 and will arrive in 15 minutes."
"There were 47 casualties on deck 6 during the recent battle."
"Out of the freshman class, 47 cadets flunked the entrance exam."
"There are 47 people still unaccounted for in the landing party."

1 - 20 of 182 Posts