Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other, please post

Votes: 13 12.1%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to the reasons people found their way here and why they decided to stay!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Bored, lonely, wanting to meet people who are in some way like me.
The fora I used to post on regularly are more or less dead :( so I was looking of a virtual "space" I guess.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I joined so I could post a "type me" thread.

I stayed because I generally like the community and it's a good time-killer.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Besides being interested in the MBTI and psychology, I joined to be able to participate in MBTI-related discussions (e.g. typing anime characters).

Hence I voted for Interested in MBTI and psychology and Other.

Because of the mofo from Youtube I had randomly stumbled upon who was an ESTP but now he has spiralled into oblivion.
EJ Arendee?

Reactions: Notus Asphodelus

·
Registered
250 Posts
To get differing points of view on varying topics. I already know where I stand, but the best ideas are the ones that stand up to scrutiny. If someone elses point of view is better than my own, then I say "thanks for the information / discussion" and adopt it while discarding the old point of view. It's all about evolution in thinking.

Reactions: arviller and Cherry

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
Make friends and people. Just to have a chat really. I've realised this place is so much more thou9h. It 9reat. Very well set up.
What's incredible about that is it wouldn't be anythin9 with out it's users because we all have the capacity to create the content. (ood or bad it's still hi9hly stimulatin9 to my brilliant and lo9ical mind.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
Besides being interested in the MBTI and psychology, I joined to be able to participate in MBTI-related discussions (e.g. typing anime characters).

EJ Arendee?
Yup, that's him.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts

EJ Arendee?
Yup, that's him.

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
I'm surprised no-one has voted for "to help people".

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I lurked about 2 years before joining. It seemed like every time I did a Google Search, this site would come up and I found it had some very insightful members. I ended up joining because I wanted to know what Matt Berninger's type is (maybe INFJ?) and no one on here had typed him yet.

I stay because of the members, the interesting discourse, the mingling of different personality types, and gathering information.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I became interested in MBTI types when I happened to stumble upon a YouTube video mentioning the types, so I gathered more information about it on Google and it brought me to this website. I gave it a look and thought, “Why not?” So I went on ahead and created the account. So here I am!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had been doing a lot of research on the functions and wanted to get a good at understanding them. So, I stumbled across this site, and after some deliberation, decided to join it. The topics intrigue me well enough for me to look around more. I'm a detached person by nature, so I can seem a bit cold in a way, but really I'm not Making friends wouldn't be annoying for me.~

·
Registered
370 Posts
I joined, like many others, to post a type me thread. But I find that writing out my thoughts like this is therapeutic for me, as I form and solidify and think through things by writing them. My opinions on a book form when I am writing an essay on it or explaining why I like it to a friend, and this applies to every aspect of my life. Of course, constant contradictions and taking back what I said or just saying false things makes me look very irrational, and perhaps it's better to look irrational on an anonymous medium. I would write it in a journal but find little incentive and I have nobody I trust enough (or perhaps hate enough) to preach my forming opinions onto.

The best part, of course, is whenever people point out how the thought I've formed is flawed, or they offer an exciting alternative. Many of the prompts also remind me of thoughts that I thought for a fragment of a second but never explored, and the domain offers me the chance to explore it.

I find that my confidence is directly linked to exploring and forming and voicing these opinions which I am not comfortable enough to explore or say IRL.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts