• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
*grabs a couple gummi bears*

I get bored a lot, and did a facebook quiz a couple weeks ago and rediscovered the MBTI. (God facebook quizzes are annoying but I’m addicted anyway.)

So I then spent some time reading about the different personality types, and just happened to stumble across this place. It’s nice here. I like having somewhere to visit when I’m bored.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I joined because psychology is fascinating to me and it isn't like I have a large group of friends just waiting to discuss personality theory with me in real life.

I chose interest in psychology/self discovery. My journey is composed primarily of searching the inner self so both are equally correct.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
I'd miss mcgooglian... actually, I don't know him. Heh.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wanted to talk and share ideas with others who had the same temperament as me. I really feel we speak the same language and have the same outlook and it really puts me at ease. :happy:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I first learned about the MBTI a long time ago at a place far, far away, called college.

At the time for internet usage we had these things called books. They were portable like a laptop but sort of download only and you couldn’t connect with others. Well I found the MBTI very interesting especially since it explained a lot of why I felt so misunderstood by so many people. There may be other reasons, but I prefer to accept it’s only because of the rarity of the INFP male. I did a lot of reading and had lots of thoughts on the whole thing but just no one to really explore ideas with. I eventually back burnered it all and pretty much lost track of all my books on the subject.

Well anyways, fast-forward to a few months ago. I was board, messing around on FaceBook and stumbled across an INFP group. I was really jazzed to find others who had a similarly skewed world view like I do and it started to rekindle my interest in the MBTI. The problem was I felt like I was doing a lot of self-editing on my posts because I was very aware my FaceBook friends who know me in real life would read my stuff, especially relatives. The group also got pretty dead after a while. About that time someone posted a link to this board and here I am. I also like there are other types on the board and its fascinating getting other perspectives and seeing similarity between members of the same type.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
I joined because psychology is fascinating to me and it isn't like I have a large group of friends just waiting to discuss personality theory with me in real life.
Yeah...what's up with that? I was pretty excited when I first learned about the MBTI because it explained so much about my innate eccentricities. I told all of my friends about it and nobody really gave a shit. Although, I think all of my friends tested as NF's - ENFs to be exact. I was the awkward little introvert amongst my circle of friends.

I was really jazzed to find others who had a similarly skewed world view like I do
Welcome to the club.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
I first learned about the MBTI a long time ago at a place far, far away, called collage.
are you sure youve been to collage/college?

·
Premium Member
ENFP, 4w5, so/s_ Cosmic
3,426 Posts
I had just gotten into MBTI and was watching MBTI vids on UTube. I saw a link on a short youtube vid of a woman who didn't speak, so I came here and I thought it was cool, I also noticed it was the first month that PersonalityCafe was created and I thought it would be cool to be a part of that history. I liked the few posts I saw while lurking for a very short period of time before I joined. Then I joined.

It's been 8 months and I haven't left mauhahaha

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Because if you don't login, it has that big annoying thing you have to scroll past every time to get to the forum sections.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
fat bozo! long time no see ive missed youre avatar :D

Reactions: Fat Bozo

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
yeah, but i dont go back and read old posts, so keep posting asshole so i can enjoy the ava :p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
yeah, but i dont go back and read old posts, so keep posting asshole so i can enjoy the ava :p
Am I allowed to post asshole? I have posted some nice boobies over in the "BOOM" thread. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The place looked like an interesting conglomeration of the personality types that could express and interact to further their own and others' understanding of MBTI.

It's cool here :wink:

·
Banned
891 Posts
ha ha yes 57 + 33+ 31 +11=100!!!!!!!!!

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.