Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRAPloads of analysis, science, biology, hands on, lots of variety, no interacting with patients, job security, and good pay.

it's the perfect ISTP career. =/

Sometimes I wish I could re-take ages 18-24 and choose a different educational path.

Sigh.

Young ISTPs...consider my life choices. Don't pick a career that requires tons of human interaction and little to no analysis. You will be bored to tears.

Your career should include:
Daily mental stimulation
Variety of tasks
Start and finish to projects
Contact with a small group of people that you can get to know--not a ton of strangers

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Actually, one of my course mate specialized in medicine technology and she is as happy as a lark even after working for a few years in the field.

She is an istp for sure, even before i knew about mbti i could see a younger version of me with the exact same mannerisms and thought processes.

Reactions: reletative

·
Registered
456 Posts
What about a job as a programmer?
Concretes problems, analysis, small team, not sure about the variety of tasks, and I can wear some headphone and listen to music all day. The pay will be good. It's a little boring though...
That's what I'm studying for right now, still considering the pros and cons (got a degree in 3d animation already, which is a lot more fun, but you have to be awesome to get a job...)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I'm at a loss as to what to do with my life. I'll be in college next calendar year and I don't know what my major is going to be... though I'm thinking sports medicine because a) it fascinates me and b) the pay is good and c) it's hands on. Opinions?

Reactions: LykosGaiscioch

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JamieBond:2444485 said:
I'm at a loss as to what to do with my life. I'll be in college next calendar year and I don't know what my major is going to be... though I'm thinking sports medicine because a) it fascinates me and b) the pay is good and c) it's hands on. Opinions?
Sports medicine and physical therapy are huge growing fields right now. You can make a really solid income as well.
Also you'll get interaction with people but you'll be control of it. I think it's a good choice.

Reactions: JamieBond

·
Registered
124 Posts
For the life of me, I want to go into film directing. I have a BA in philosophy witg a minor in film, and I want to get my masters in film.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
For the life of me, I want to go into film directing. I have a BA in philosophy witg a minor in film, and I want to get my masters in film.
For god's sake, when you do, make a movie where people behave NORMALLY and LOGICALLY... i.e. they kill the bad guy when they catch him, or vice-versa.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
For god's sake, when you do, make a movie where people behave NORMALLY and LOGICALLY... i.e. they kill the bad guy when they catch him, or vice-versa.
Seriously!! I think in almost every movie that I watch, just kill the bastard already!

Reactions: JamieBond

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have absolutely no clue what I want to go into. I'd like to work with animals, but I'm not sure if there are many careers involving them that are both in demand and pay well.

I agree.
Also, a tad off-topic but I love your avatar.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I agree.
Also, a tad off-topic but I love your avatar.
danke schoen. hawkeye was my favorite character in the movie. I think he was an ISTJ...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Reactions: madhatter

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts