Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is 4:50 AM here in good old Pennsylvania, and I started hating myself about three hours ago for still being awake. I hate myself right about now.

This is a chronic problem for me. Been going on since I was old enough to think for myself. I think it might be time to seek help.

Please, for the love of God or the Universe or Nature or cute kittens, please someone tell me that they, too, have a completely self-destructive inability to go to sleep at a decent hour.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
<------
I tried going to sleep early and I woke up only two hours later. I really don't want to spend all day sleeping, though the morning is pretty boring anyway. I'm totally going to wear myself out today so I can fall asleep at a good time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
definitely, yea its 5am here and i've been up. Got classes today too.
A lot of the time I try and lay down and go to bed but shit weighs heavy in my heart- making it impossible.
I just roll with it.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I have had at that when I'm thinking too much about everything that either goes wrong in the world or my life.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm naturally nocturnal.

It doesn't depress me though. I know why, anyway. I really enjoy the quiet of a house asleep. I've never been good with mornings. Of late, I've been going to sleep after 6am at the earliest.

If it really does bug you, then try doing something to change how you're getting to sleep.
1. don't dwell on negative things, if you do get to sleep, it won't be a good one.
2. don't think about trying to get to sleep/how you're still awake.

Try reading yourself to sleep. Or soft music sometimes helps. Focus on the music and the music alone. If you start to think about something, meh, just dismiss it and go back to immersing yourself in the music. It'll take a while to really get your brain to stop going, but it should help you get to sleep.

:)

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have the same problem...

... two nights ago... in good old pennsylvania... i couldn't get myself to stop thinking... mostly negative things...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts