Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I always seem to fall for INFPs :blushed: I don't know there INFP until I start to like them and then get to know them and bam they take the test....... INFP :dry: Really? :laughing: And it seems the same for attraction, INFPs seem to levitate to me :frustrating: but it never goes any where because well :dry: I am sure that's obvious! I can't seem to figure out what it is that attracts me to INFP females :bored: Only other personality I have fallen for and it was just a rare occasion was INTP :laughing: I just liked her because of the way she hated things :laughing: she was cute when she got mad. BUT YEA other then that one INTP I've fallen for nothing but INFPs :dry: Not that it's bad, just it's driving my mind crazy cause I can't figure out why, no matter how much i think about it! :bored:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I hear ya.

You know what's really nice? Falling for an INFJ girl. They can still be spontaneous and witty, they have a deep deep side, they show love through action, and they're dependable--meaning not likely to change their mind about us so quickly the way the P's do.

I miss mine so much. My heart pumps a dry well of tears every day that I'm away from her. It's been 4 months :crying:

Okay, I'm off to wallow in my endless melancholic state of longing now.

Sorry for the tangent by the way.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, why wouldn't you? Us INFPs are awesome! :D

Me, well, I think I'd settle for any NF type. :proud: (not to be typist, though)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you will have better luck in the future. :unsure:
lol thanks I do to, it's just hard because notice either one of two things with INFP females either there so hard to get to know and you almost feel like you'll never get to know them enough to ask them out or they fall in love so fast with other guys by the time you feel enough courage to ask them out they already are dating someone else or married :|

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
lol thanks I do to, it's just hard because notice either one of two things with INFP females either there so hard to get to know and you almost feel like you'll never get to know them enough to ask them out or they fall in love so fast with other guys by the time you feel enough courage to ask them out they already are dating someone else or married :|
Generalization, ftw!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Sounds like you should be a little quicker on the draw there, OP. why do you have to get to know her every nook and cranny before asking her out?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I personally find it surprising, not in attraction terms (it's quite easy and "natural" for me to be attracted to NFs'), but regarding probabilities-I have never knowingly met an INFP lady outside the internet. That said, there's no problem with what you've gone through (I am not shocked that you gravitate towards them, even without prior knowleddge of their type), and you can consider yourself quite lucky if not anything else.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you should be a little quicker on the draw there, OP. why do you have to get to know her every nook and cranny before asking her out?
because I fall in love at first sight, but relationships can never be built on such a thing, I know this. So i feel i must be true to my feelings and see if what i am feeling is real :proud:

·
Registered
583 Posts
INFPs are sometimes hard to peg down. I once fell hard for an INFP woman whom I could have sworn was an ENFP instead. Though years later, I have concluded that she is indeed an INFP as well. The other INFP girl with whom I had a brief love affair actually brought up MBTI types before I did, and called herself one, and I don't think I would have categorized her as anything else. Both of them were very sweet and genuine, if somewhat flaky in matters of the heart. Both ended up with other guys who I doubt very much were INFPs, though I don't know much about either of them.

I just went on a date with an ENFP girl (I had her take the test online) who was VERY passionately into me--until she actually met me in person. I went in very hopeful, but it felt like all the energy evaporated and she just wanted to leave after a short while (the original plan was that I would drive her home, but she insisted that she would walk instead). I tried to contact her a few times via AIM and facebook (she found me there first), if only to ask her how she was doing, but I got no reply.

Needless to say, I'm depressed now.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
INFPs are sometimes hard to peg down. I once fell hard for an INFP woman whom I could have sworn was an ENFP instead. Though years later, I have concluded that she is indeed an INFP as well. The other INFP girl with whom I had a brief love affair actually brought up MBTI types before I did, and called herself one, and I don't think I would have categorized her as anything else. Both of them were very sweet and genuine, if somewhat flaky in matters of the heart. Both ended up with other guys who I doubt very much were INFPs, though I don't know much about either of them.

I just went on a date with an ENFP girl (I had her take the test online) who was VERY passionately into me--until she actually met me in person. I went in very hopeful, but it felt like all the energy evaporated and she just wanted to leave after a short while (the original plan was that I would drive her home, but she insisted that she would walk instead). I tried to contact her a few times via AIM and facebook (she found me there first), if only to ask her how she was doing, but I got no reply.

Needless to say, I'm depressed now.
Hello,

I am sorry about that, but it's ok-if she wants to avoid you like that then she wasn't interested, and this is not necessarily your fault, nor should you feel as "ah, another missed opportunity!" It's best that it happens this early, as it was obviously not going to work out, and you deserve somebody who would love you and accept you like you are, not as she wishes you were. I understand the disapointment, but my point is that since we deserve to be loved, we should not take it too hard when others are not as interested in us as we are in them-it's not fair to us, no matter how much affection we may feel (have felt) for these people.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am sorry about that, but it's ok-if she wants to avoid you like that then she wasn't interested, and this is not necessarily your fault, nor should you feel as "ah, another missed opportunity!"
No, not another missed opportunity. Another shaggy dog story and a yank of the chain. The sort that makes me wonder what the first half meant, if anything, and wish that it never happened at all. And they ALWAYS end like this, even if I am fooled into thinking otherwise.

It's best that it happens this early, as it was obviously not going to work out, and you deserve somebody who would love you and accept you like you are, not as she wishes you were. I understand the disapointment, but my point is that since we deserve to be loved, we should not take it too hard when others are not as interested in us as we are in them-it's not fair to us, no matter how much affection we may feel (have felt) for these people.
Yes--so I can look for the next unfulfilled promise, so I can fool myself into thinking I won't be alone forever. And the next, and the next, and the next, and the next, chasing after nothing for eternity.

"You're a wonderful guy, and I'm sure there's someone out there for you!" just sounds like a lie when you've heard it too much. Not wonderful enough for you, obviously. I have no faith in people anymore. I've been single for five years. I honestly believe at this point that I'll be single for the rest of my life. I just wish I could accept it instead of yearning for the impossible.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I just liked her because of the way she hated things :laughing:
I think you are not too serious about your relationships, rather you are finding yourself in other people and don't know how to place it in your head and heart :happy:.

·
Registered
136 Posts
@Touk: Carpe Diem! Your odds are pretty good on finding one at the right time eventually, since you keep finding them as a general rule. :)

@Uncouth Angel: At least you aren't stuck in a dead-end relationship, trapped for who knows how long, until you see the light. When you hit rock bottom, you can only go up. Just follow your other dreams and you'll find her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts