Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting episodes where my stomach turns and it almost feels like I want to be sick. Its like im sitting on a mental ride at a theme park and that horrible feeling in your stomach. My diet is pretty okay. I drink about 3 coffee's a day, never bothered me before. How do I get rid of this? Is it possibly anxiety related, im not even always anxious.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anxiety can always be a big part of it. Caffine can also cause it. Try keeping a notebook of what you are thinking about when it happens and if there is a patern then you'll know what you have to work on. If not then it's probably the caffine.

Reactions: mushr00m

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
If you have a bit of a tendency to worry and stress, ulcers can develop. Several things can aggravate them... tea, coffee, spicy foods, and the list goes on. If this is a fairly new development, I would just keep a journal. Write down what you're eating, what time you're eating it, what time your stomach starts aching, and how long it lasts. That is probably the most effective way to be able to pin down what's causing it. Of course, if you're fighting a bug, you'll either come down with it completely or your immune system will continue to fight it off until the virus is overcome.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it seems to happen when I am excited about something. Being excited seems to make me nervous but sometimes I don't even know if its that which provoked it. Thanks for your tips, I might just do that, keep a diary and record feelings, etc.

@Independent Fire
Thanks, some good advice, I knew someone that had a stomach ulcer, it looked like she was in absolute agony, I sure don't wanna end up with one either. Im definitely gonna keep an eye on this. Although I said my diet is okay in what I actually eat, I probably don't eat regularly enough. Sometimes I go on binges but most of the time im okay. My weight seems to yo yo but generally stays the same although recently I have lost some, i've been undergoing quite a bit of change recently(in a good way).

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I think it seems to happen when I am excited about something. Being excited seems to make me nervous but sometimes I don't even know if its that which provoked it. Thanks for your tips, I might just do that, keep a diary and record feelings, etc.

@Independent Fire
Thanks, some good advice, I knew someone that had a stomach ulcer, it looked like she was in absolute agony, I sure don't wanna end up with one either. Im definitely gonna keep an eye on this. Although I said my diet is okay in what I actually eat, I probably don't eat regularly enough. Sometimes I go on binges but most of the time im okay. My weight seems to yo yo but generally stays the same although recently I have lost some, i've been undergoing quite a bit of change recently(in a good way).
Does it feel similar to the "love butterflies?" ...Like that tingle in the pit of your stomach? If you're working yourself up about an event or idea, even if you are just excited, that can also cause your stomach to do funny things. Do to try stay on a steady diet. I suggest three square meals and about four (healthy) snacks a day. Drink plenty of water, too. Go for walks, jump rope, dance like a freak in your room... get some sort of exercise daily if you can. Maintaining healthy habits can make the world's difference in more than one way :)

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sort of, except the actual urge to wanna throw up is present except I don't. I think to myself, good things are happening but I am still at the same time feel a negative overtone which I think is the pain in my stomach telling my mind that 'this is not real'. And what is happening does in a way feel unreal. I try to aim as much to eat breakfast, I think id have real problems if I didn't. Anxiety uses up a truck load of energy so having a proper brekkie helps me fuel for all that, hence why I think I binge sometimes. Even binging has lost its effect. It all seems very physically and mentally tied in together. But yeah, at least taking control of the physical side might hopefully improve it a lot more. I like the one about dancing like a freak, haha! Excellent :)

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,127 Posts
Recently, following a personal loss and sudden shift in demands on my energies, I started waking up feeling nauseous every day, and had several bouts of "queasy" through out the day. I felt like I COULD throw up, but didn't. After a full GI work up, it turned out that I have ulceration in my esophagous. One of the early "tests" for this was a trial treatemtn for esoph reflux, which did not work. There is only one class, of the many classes of drugs, that works for me. So, it ended up not being something sinister, but needed managed to make life worthwhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts