Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to struggle a lot more with close friendships with women then men and I'm not exactly sure why this is. My friendships with men, seem to be reletively drama-free and uncomplicated. :frustrating:

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I seem to struggle a lot more with close friendships with women then men and I'm not exactly sure why this is. My friendships with men, seem to be reletively drama-free and uncomplicated. :frustrating:
Interesting, a woman that understand a married man's point of view. Don't worry, you'll lose this understanding soon after you got married. :laughing:

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, a woman that understand a married man's point of view. Don't worry, you'll lose this understanding soon after you got married. :laughing:
I'm not sure I'm following you? :confused2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have heard many people speculate negative things about women who cannot maintain friendships with other women.

Honestly i dont care. I have 0 female friends everyone one of those relationships ended in some stupid way. Lots of drama

But i have 0 male friends because all of them ended with them wanting to be in a relationship with me or screw me.

So honestly i have 0 friends. And i used to be afraid of it but now I'm actually happier. I get things done so much faster. I have associates but i dont give my number out anymore.

So at the end i think maybe you are more independent and a leader. Your not so quick to follow around some broads with drama just for the sake of companionship.

Just be friends with who ever you want and not care why. People will talk shit either way

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
drama-free and uncomplicated
There it is, the summation of why guy friends rule and girl friends drool.

Also we're funnier and better at telling stories, just saiyan.

Though, men are less sexy friends and you probably won't want to bang them :(

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
At least you're asking the right question rather than blaming whatever your issue is on the female of the species.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It's about meeting the right person. I can understand why people say this because I hate talking about feelings and "girl talk" (boys, periods, etc whatever), but I have always still had female friends. They just tend to be a bit more tomboyish. You may just need to find a girl who has a more stereotypical "male like" communication style, and they are out there. They tend to be thinker types, especially INTJ, ENTJ, and even ESTP's at times. Even when they have girly interests, they tend to be more direct.

·
Registered
29,063 Posts
Drama is the spice of life. But you never want to over-season your foods. I think @Peter is correct. Everyone in relationships is more confused about their partner than anyone else. Wait until you actually get close.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Because when you're with men, you don't feel like you're in a competition. When you're with women, you are in competition.
I have heard of this, and can some truth in it.

I'm the same as well. I get along better with men than woman (i'm a female). For me, it's more like I don't really like gossiping and not really into make up, trends, etc that they typically enjoy. It's not more of the competition for me, but the fact that "competition" itself doesn't exist between a male-female friendship. When I'm with my male friends, we just talk and have a good time. When my female friends get together, they always want to talk about things going on with this person or that..lots of specifics and details. It's energy draining to keep your girl friends happy about the snap streak (eye roll!) cus none of my guy friends care about that lol

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
Failure to acknowledge one(s) psychological biases / address ones faults or know ones social role - (i.e., within relationships / interactions with other women), why that is and it's effects on the participants can be discovered, put to ease and alleviated [via] self-reflection and situational analysis. That going in with a change of mind + positive attitude + reduction of biases - can attracts distinct types of people; and builds confidence within oneself when interacting with other women (e.g., least likely to find other women 'threatening') in some way which perhaps such tensions can be sensed by the surrounding others, thus, producing a clarity within ones judgment, thus more optimizing decision-making and reasoning skills, when choosing who to interact with when in the free roam of other humanoids. These are skills that can be underdeveloped in males / females -- however, seem more noticed among adolescents/developing children, perhap(s) because we never assume adult specimens can be less susceptible to to have similar faults as children.

The statement itself, is so broad & an odd in generality, that one can only assume it is biased or a stress related huestric of some sort that makes exchanges more psychologically complex than necessary - or demonstrates an underlying issue - dysfunction psychologically/socially, rather than a collective defect unique and/or innate to women as whole - that makes it particularly difficult for (yourself - only), to form pro-active relationships / have proactive 'drama-free' interaction(s) with adult women with average levels of intellect inducing a certain degree of self-control.

·
Registered
INFJ
1,555 Posts

That has been my experience as well.

Women tend to come with more drama, which I can’t stand, and are also highly passive aggressive. If I have an issue with a friend, I like to talk about it openly. This is something males in general are more comfortable with. Many females on the other hand, will refuse to address an issue head on. Just ask any guy who’s been in a relationship with a female how many times they ask “what’s wrong?” only to be met with an angry “NOTHING”.

Women are also more into game playing and emotional manipulation, both of which are exhausting to deal with.

I have only a few female friends, but those I do have are wonderful, and I can talk to them about anything and not fear repercussions.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Depending on your region I consider this very, very normal. Men can tell you straight you are dumb, crazy, ugly, etc and even make direct jokes (being friendly or not) and most of all an enemy is an enemy, many confrontations are kept peaceful unless needed, and anything that needs to be set on fire will and quickly. Women? cold war, oh so nice!!! (ugly fucking clown) etc, lots of lies and still lots of hugs. My longest period of working in the same place was 13 years, watching the women dynamics was... sad in human terms.

Past: Me saying "women are a pain to work with"
Results (men) yes.
Results (women) you fucking woman hater blah blah.

Over the years I got the same women, same female friends (and new ones) saying "what a fucking pain in the ass working with women!!" and they prefer working with men. Most long term friendships I've seen at my age (40) are not between women-same-gender. They at least, still... locally, will refute this, but evidence is very, very sad to see. Women depending on the day can feel support on you talking about negative things, and other days will consider it a gender attack, so dumb, most will fight you while still can't be friends among themselves... what a fucking joke.

Here there is a local saying going like this:

If you but two women trapped inside a bag
it's easier for them to kill each other...
instead of cooperating to find a way out...

·
Registered
693 Posts
In my experience it is really hard to find a female "friend" who is not actually envious of you or even badmouthing you behind your back. Females are amazing at hiding this so I'm sure a lot of women think their "friends" are totally faultless in this regard. Personally I only have 1-2 female friends who I know are not jealous/critical behind my back, and other who I thought were "friends" I have heard badmouth me to others or simply give me advice that is definitely not sincere or meant for my own good. It's upsetting.

Oh, and definitely passive-agressivism is a problem. Most women who are passive-aggresive and also easily offended hate me because I just state my opinion or facts where it hurts their "feelings" or not.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because when you're with men, you don't feel like you're in a competition. When you're with women, you are in competition.
In what way exactly? I haven't found that to be an issue - well, maybe with one former "friend" I used to know years ago; who was never actually a friend but that was an exception for the most part.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's about meeting the right person. I can understand why people say this because I hate talking about feelings and "girl talk" (boys, periods, etc whatever), but I have always still had female friends. They just tend to be a bit more tomboyish. You may just need to find a girl who has a more stereotypical "male like" communication style, and they are out there. They tend to be thinker types, especially INTJ, ENTJ, and even ESTP's at times. Even when they have girly interests, they tend to be more direct.
Hmmm . . . you may be on to something. I know that regardless of gender; I fair a lot better with people who are direct, don't play games and most importantly; don't expect me to be some kind of mind reader.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You will one day :smile:

If you don't get the joke, then you simply don't have the experience yet to get it.
Well, could you give me the cliff notes?

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drama is the spice of life. But you never want to over-season your foods. I think @Peter is correct. Everyone in relationships is more confused about their partner than anyone else. Wait until you actually get close.
I'm not sure I'm following you; I have been in close friendships with men and women and romantic ones with men.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Failure to acknowledge one(s) psychological biases / address ones faults or know ones social role - (i.e., within relationships / interactions with other women), why that is and it's effects on the participants can be discovered, put to ease and alleviated [via] self-reflection and situational analysis. That going in with a change of mind + positive attitude + reduction of biases - can attracts distinct types of people; and builds confidence within oneself when interacting with other women (e.g., least likely to find other women 'threatening') in some way which perhaps such tensions can be sensed by the surrounding others, thus, producing a clarity within ones judgment, thus more optimizing decision-making and reasoning skills, when choosing who to interact with when in the free roam of other humanoids. These are skills that can be underdeveloped in males / females -- however, seem more noticed among adolescents/developing children, perhap(s) because we never assume adult specimens can be less susceptible to to have similar faults as children.

The statement itself, is so broad & an odd in generality, that one can only assume it is biased or a stress related huestric of some sort that makes exchanges more psychologically complex than necessary - or demonstrates an underlying issue - dysfunction psychologically/socially, rather than a collective defect unique and/or innate to women as whole - that makes it particularly difficult for (yourself - only), to form pro-active relationships / have proactive 'drama-free' interaction(s) with adult women with average levels of intellect inducing a certain degree of self-control.
Oh I do; I'm well aware that my having a less than great relationship with my late mom, is a likely factor and conversely; I had a great connection with my late dad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts