Personality Cafe banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread I got excited because I thought the OP was talking about the Steely Dan album... Oh wait, that's spelled "Aja."

But anyway, what's not to love about Asia!? There is a ton of mysticism in various Asian cultures, societies that are/were centered around or heavily influenced by moral ideals (The concept of "honor" in Japanese culture, for example), flora and fauna that on first glance seem straight out of some of our ridiculous imaginations, ample untouched wilderness, some of the coolest and most spiritually evocative (for me, at least) architecture in the world, some of the healthiest food, drop-dead gorgeous women who NEVER seem to age...

It's funny, I've never thought about this before but the only things I dislike about Asia are the various Communist regimes.

Just to clarify, I will absolutely acknowledge the fact that the entire continent of Asia isn't a perfect place, but it seems to have a lot of the same flaws that many Western countries do, albeit to differing degrees, so I figured that would be understood as a given. Overpopulation and subsequent poverty and starvation, political corruption, pollution (Which, side note, only appears to be an issue within and immediately surrounding big cities), etc.

Y'all are being a bunch of negative nancies.

9,999 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think that each place, whether it's Asian, European or other, has many good and bad things...
Personally I prefer Europe, though.

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
651 Posts
It seems like a lot of NFPs love Japan, and by "Japan" I mean anime. Likewise, a lot of K-pop stans seem to be NFPs. But they just like specific aspects of Asia, they don't actually love Asia. That would be a massive feat of caring, imo.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts