Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Is it because they are selfish, unfeeling, evil, unpredictable little creatures that don't abide by any of the rules, just like INTPs?
1: Thanks for the compliment, I guess? Or was it more like a sneer that we are:
Selfish, unfeeling, evil, unpredictable and little, not abiding by the rules?
For then I'd say:
Selfish, yes
unfeeling, no
evil, not per sé
unpredictable, yes
little, not per sé
don't abide by rules, no, just our rules.
2: I love (my) cat(s) because they are just as autonomous as me, and they are fluffy.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
To the contrary, I like them because they are completely predictable. You don't have to worry about them charging, attacking, pouncing or licking you out of nowhere. They are civil, quiet, refined, independent. Dogs are absurdly reliant on others. Sheeesh. I like my cats like I like my people - they don't really require a whole lot, but when you're both in the mood you can chill and have a good time - as long as you don't expect too much! (which thankfully is my definition of a good time)

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I do not see any of those adjectives fitting with cats. And there are no universal adjectives for any one type, no matter what anyone says about the subject. People are individuals within type.

But, if you wanna know why I love cats, read "The Ocean at the End of the Lane." I started and finished the book yesterday. The kittens in it are pretty much why I love cats.

·
Registered
639 Posts
When I was 9, my cat fled home. I cried.
When I was 11, the demonic looking cat that my aunt had just jumped on my face and bit my nose. It bled.
When I was 13, my grandma's cat blew my face with his paws while I were asleep.
I'm allergic to cats.

Me <3 cats

·
Registered
INTP
7,049 Posts
I hate this stereotype so much it actually repulses me.

It's like there's one version of the INTP who sits in thier parents' basement playing computer games and surfing the internet on a dual-monitor desktop super-speed computer, lord of 4chan and hacker L33t.

And then there's the weird kooky intellectual type with stacks of books and notepads filled with half-finished ideas and notes and other deep thoughtful things, and has a cat as their best friend because they connect oh-so well with the personality of the cat.

Can I be the first to say I don't fit those shit stereotypes at all and cats have zero meaning to me whatsoever.

And can I make my official response to this thread: For fuck's sake.

·
Registered
793 Posts
We prefer meowing over venting.
Also cats are very logical indeed. Eat, shit, "scratch me!", laziness and such "cattish" behaviors are very primitive and simple.

·
Registered
ENFP 6w7 694 I guess
1,540 Posts
I like them because they're cute and soft and cuddly. But yes I do have many things in common with cats. :kitteh:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Is it because they are selfish, unfeeling, evil, unpredictable little creatures that don't abide by any of the rules, just like INTPs?
I hate cats. they are disgusting creatures. climbing and shedding on the kitchen table, countertops,. I don't like dogs that much in doors either, but at least they stay on the floor.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I'm not as scared of cats that I don't know as I am of dogs that I don't know, but I would rather have a pet dog than a pet cat.

Dogs are family members that you can do things with (walking/jogging, playing ball...). They're higher-maintenance than cats, but the maintenance is more reasonable than that of high-maintenance humans :wink:

Cats are just roommates that make you clean their toilets despite not paying rent. At least when dogs make you clean up after them, it's ostensibly happening outside.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I hate this stereotype so much it actually repulses me.

It's like there's one version of the INTP who sits in thier parents' basement playing computer games and surfing the internet on a dual-monitor desktop super-speed computer, lord of 4chan and hacker L33t.

And then there's the weird kooky intellectual type with stacks of books and notepads filled with half-finished ideas and notes and other deep thoughtful things, and has a cat as their best friend because they connect oh-so well with the personality of the cat.

Can I be the first to say I don't fit those shit stereotypes at all and cats have zero meaning to me whatsoever.
That hurts my feelings. I fit both of those stereotypes (minus the 4chan part and also the fact that I dislike cats).

1 - 20 of 130 Posts