Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What the hell? Why?

I mean it's like "Oh, there's a whale here. Let's just take one single picture of it. We won't take a video of it, or make commentaries, or even take a lot of pictures. Just one picture will do."

Don't people think about that stuff? If I found a whale in the middle of a field I'd get tons of pictures, tests, and videos. I'd have a whole science team on that thing for months.

Who the hell finds a whale and takes ONE PICTURE and puts it on YouTube? NOBODY, that's who. So why would anyone even try to pass it off? I mean it's not like it's a bigfoot or a ghost where it is supposedly glimpsed for only a moment - it's a fucking whale in a field. It isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's probably some troll who wants to start a serious discussion out of something stupid. Some people believe in UFO's, there are many people on youtube and it's little work to make such a "video". It's probably done by an xNTP who thought, "profit"!

Reactions: sprinkles

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's probably some troll who wants to start a serious discussion out of something stupid. Some people believe in UFO's, there are many people on youtube and it's little work to make such a "video". It's probably done by an xNTP who thought, "profit"!
I don't mind so much when people do that, but at least spice it up or show some audacity. Anyone could do this kind of thing in their sleep. It would be more interesting even if they included more pictures that were obviously faked. Still would be trolling but I grade for effort too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't mind so much when people do that, but at least spice it up or show some audacity. Anyone could do this kind of thing in their sleep. It would be more interesting even if they included more pictures that were obviously faked. Still would be trolling but I grade for effort too.
But that's the the thing about trolling: you don't give anything to the situation, you just do the minimum you need to lure to out people. You just leech from people's negative energy. You'll get more negative energy if you don't post anything interesting, the only thing it needs to do is cause reactions.

Reactions: sprinkles

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The person that took the picture probably didn't suspect UFOs. In that context it makes sense as in "Look, this whale was 800m up on land, like wtf? Did it fly?" and showing it to friends.
That doesn't make sense. UFO's or not, a whale doesn't belong there. It IS a big deal no matter how it got there. That is if it was ever actually there to begin with, and the people taking the photo didn't have a hand in putting it there.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
That doesn't make sense. UFO's or not, a whale doesn't belong there. It IS a big deal no matter how it got there. That is if it was ever actually there to begin with, and the people taking the photo didn't have a hand in putting it there.
Let's blame it on coincidence! It's not very likely that someone will win the lottery, but people do just that all the time. And it's not very likely that a whale can get there by it self, but it's never impossible!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's blame it on coincidence! It's not very likely that someone will win the lottery, but people do just that all the time. And it's not very likely that a whale can get there by it self, but it's never impossible!
The fact that it isn't likely is exactly what makes it worth attention.

·
Registered
544 Posts
"And wow! Hey! What's this thing suddenly coming toward me very fast? Very, very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide-sounding name like . . . ow . . . ound . . . round . . . ground! That's it! That's a good name- ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

I bet it was Photoshopped. Or it was a foam rubber whale. Perhaps set in a field as a joke by the film crew of A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or by fans of said novel.

Still...très bizarre...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.