Personality Cafe banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Because ISFJs often do think this of themselves.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,670 Posts
I am an ISFP. I don't enjoy being a leader. I don't want to have to voice out my opinion too much, and for that reason alone, it's logical to assume that most people may have underestimated me as an individual of worth. I'm guessing that it's pretty much the same for an ISFJ, but they are more or less useful and and willing to serve for the society. I don't.. they can go fuck themselves. I'm just kidding..:eek:h:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Hello:)
Even though in real life there are much more S- types - on these forums are N-types much more active. The reason why S-types might be stepped on and made feel inferior - THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where N-types as a majority can be the ones doing the stepping:D
Imagine your whole life living on the edge of most of the groups you get to be part of. Each school, each class, each girl scouts group, each leisure time activity group.. Trying like hell to fit in somehow but not really fitting because you just don't.
And many people of those groups can be rather cruel about it too.
How you view the world is discarded and discredited as nonsense or impractical. You still don't have boyfriend when almost all S-types around you have some really hot one. You still don't have children when all the S-types are doing great as parents. You still don't have a steady job which can feel fulfilling while everyone seems to be ok with how things go...
So OF COURSE we are stepping down on you here - where we feel being backed up by majority of N-users who in our real life are just few people we meet here and there..
YOU RULE THE WORLD for the God's sake! Isn't that enough to boost your confidence?:)
Let us feel superior on the tiny off grid internet forum which bears no meaning in the real life. You are kings and queens of the real life and thank God for that. Imagine how it would look if it was the opposite and the N-s were the majority on this planet.. Now imagine how long before the humanity is completely gone - because of all these oblivious creatures roaming around ramming into tables and not being able to walk through the doors without getting intimate with the door frame. You would think that after years and years of practice of walking through door you would stop bumping in the frame but nooo.
This is our island of being the ones normal and right. Mbti was established by N-types - no surprise there is a bias. Inferiority and superiority are terrible terrible concepts which will never cease to exist as long as there are more than one human being inhabiting this planet. And I bet if it was just one person it will create split personalities just to be able to do the inferiority/superiority dance..
Yeah, I typed as N very firmly for several years until recently, and never did any stepping...so no.

Honestly, even without that fact...all of this...is just no.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Even though in real life there are much more S- types - on these forums are N-types much more active. The reason why S-types might be stepped on and made feel inferior - THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where N-types as a majority can be the ones doing the stepping:D
Imagine your whole life living on the edge of most of the groups you get to be part of. Each school, each class, each girl scouts group, each leisure time activity group.. Trying like hell to fit in somehow but not really fitting because you just don't.
How you view the world is discarded and discredited as nonsense or impractical. You still don't have boyfriend when almost all S-types around you have some really hot one. You still don't have children when all the S-types are doing great as parents. You still don't have a steady job which can feel fulfilling while everyone seems to be ok with how things go...
So OF COURSE we are stepping down on you here - where we feel being backed up by majority of N-users who in our real life are just few people we meet here and there..
YOU RULE THE WORLD for the God's sake! Isn't that enough to boost your confidence?:)
Let us feel superior on the tiny off grid internet forum which bears no meaning in the real life. You are kings and queens of the real life and thank God for that. Imagine how it would look if it was the opposite and the N-s were the majority on this planet.. Now imagine how long before the humanity is completely gone - because of all these oblivious creatures roaming around ramming into tables and not being able to walk through the doors without getting intimate with the door frame. You would think that after years and years of practice of walking through door you would stop bumping in the frame but nooo.
This is our island of being the ones normal and right. Mbti was established by N-types - no surprise there is a bias. Inferiority and superiority are terrible terrible concepts which will never cease to exist as long as there are more than one human being inhabiting this planet. And I bet if it was just one person it will create split personalities just to be able to do the inferiority/superiority dance..
Many issues with this.

Having trouble fitting in is not exclusive to N types. I was socially ostracized by my peers from kindergarten through high school because of my medical issues. Even now I feel fairly isolated from much of the world because I have a lot of interests that the average person considers obscure. Having an SO, kids, or a job is not related to S/N. And just because someone is a sensor definitely does not mean that they 'rule the world.' I don't rule anything. I manage my own life independently and that's it. Clumsiness is also not some quirky N trait, and it doesn't mean that Ns are incapable of functioning in society, because they can and they do, even if it doesn't come as naturally to them as it does someone else. It's not like sensors are perfect either. I'm constantly dropping things on the floor and I get very upset with myself about it. How is that N vs S?

The general gist of this message is pretty condescending to me. Just because I'm a Sensor doesn't mean that I've never experienced what it's like to feel like an outcast, never struggled with functioning in my daily life or coming to terms with society at large. All it means is that I prefer to focus on factual reality over theory for theory's sake. It doesn't mean that we have all the answers, or that we are privileged because we know what we're doing because society caters to us or something. We still have to figure this life thing out the same as you. Maybe our priorities are different, but that doesn't mean anyone's is right or wrong. They're just different.

I'm just tired of the whole idea that Sensors have an easy life because they haven't struggled. Everyone struggles. Many of the "N issues" you describe are not exclusive to Ns at all.

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
Posts like this are the reason i no longer bother with forums or heavily typology inclined communities.
Hiding behind your type doesnt excuse falling behind in life sis. Try finding a better reasoning than a bias in an online community.
"Stepping" on people who have less popular typing in a group like this is just sad and even more pathetic than bullying in grade school smh.
Because your only reason to feel superior is that N letter in your 4 digit code on your profile...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Damn... I don't know about the rest of the ISFJs in this thread, but all the flame posting directed toward Til are making me uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
On this forum, it's usually because of an unfair, prejudiced view of the type. Or a bad experience with one/a few members of the type that is then unfairly and inaccurately generalized to all members of the type.

IRL, I've seen this only in workplaces. It's usually because of the weak Te. In Socionics terms, which is the system I use now, any IxFx type has one-dimensional (1D) Te. In most workplaces, strong Te is an asset. Having the weakest possible Te can lead others to look down at you and not recognize your strengths.

In other social groups/environments, I don't see it much. If I did, it'd probably be because of the introversion-- but this goes for the other 7 introverted types as well, and actually, a type with strong Fe would have an advantage over other introverted types in most social situations.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello,
I am very sorry my post made you unhappy. I wrote it in a light joking manner and genuinely thought it would do the opposite. ISFJs in my life are one of the people I love and respect the most - it breaks my heart I offended some of them here. I hope I don't do that to my real life ones too:) Probably I do sometimes. Anyway - I would take the upsetting post down but I have no idea how. My intentions were good though. I though oh - ISFJs why would they even accept the idea of others thinking of them to be inferior type? Why would they even want to entertain that thought enough to make a thread about it? You know? You do rule the world. What is there more that can make you feel confident? But obviously it wasn't the right way to go about it.. I am sorry.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,953 Posts
Hello,
I am very sorry my post made you unhappy. I wrote it in a light joking manner and genuinely thought it would do the opposite. ISFJs in my life are one of the people I love and respect the most - it breaks my heart I offended some of them here. I hope I don't do that to my real life ones too:) Probably I do sometimes. Anyway - I would take the upsetting post down but I have no idea how. My intentions were good though. I though oh - ISFJs why would they even accept the idea of others thinking of them to be inferior type? Why would they even want to entertain that thought enough to make a thread about it? You know? You do rule the world. What is there more that can make you feel confident? But obviously it wasn't the right way to go about it.. I am sorry.
I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. What you said is true. Simply what you said though doesn't describe every N and S that some people are taking offense to it.

Reactions: Tilia

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello,
I mostly got it that you were joking--you did include smilies, after all. :) But speaking only for myself, I've felt really alienated most of my life despite being an SJ type. I really have never had the feeling of being part of the mainstream dominant culture/ethos/zeitgeist/whatever. To me (I'm in the U.S.), the extroverts and/or SP types have always seemed to rule the world.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
I think most forum goers here (despite type) are going to have in common that they've felt different or alienated. Simply because of the culture of forum goers tend to be more introspective people who spend a lot of time on the internet and prefer a deeper conversation than just talk about gossip or weather, be it an N or S type. I actually do think that there are probably tons of socially accepted people that are of both N and S types - they just usually do not do things such as visit these forums, so that's more of where the divide is when it comes to these kinds of things.

Just, here...I've seen a lot of SJ types want to fit in, but sometimes, there would be some N types that sort of shun them as "what do you expect? that's an SJ" and that's where these tensions lie. That the niche SJs that frequent these forums have experiences that get downplayed. It happens, but I also see tons of N types that fight against these injustices as well. I'm just going to say one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch and leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hello,
Your apology is appreciated but not necessary. One thing ISFJs have is attention to detail. And although tone is impossible to establish, in this particular case, the context in which the text was posted is also a clear indicator that pointed towards sarcasm; the smiley faces were blatantly ignored. Hell, I'll take things even further. Even if you were being serious, you are still entitled to your opinion(s). Personal attacks have NO PLACE in this forum and this "political correctiveness" bullcrap has to stop. I understand the frustrations that come with being alienated and exploited (without mercy) for personal gain. But I also have the civility to respond on a respectful level. So if I don't have a problem with what's said, as far as I'm concerned... there is no problem. Where I draw the line is malicious intent. And trust me when I say I sense it just as easily as sharks sense blood in water.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Hello,
Don't worry about it. I have a hard time detecting humor and sarcasm, especially in written form, and I haven't seen your other posts on the forum, so I responded thinking that your post was serious (I always assume everyone is serious). I'm sorry if I hurt you by responding negatively when you weren't serious lol. You don't need to take it down.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Re @Tilia's points IME from witnessing/participating in many N-vs-S discussions over the years I have come to tentatively concluding that feelings of not fitting in, being left out, feeling awkward, etc. tend to correlate more with Introversion than iNtuition.

On the other hand I do tend to think my ISFJ groaning at me because I can't seem to understand how to properly operate our mechanical locks might be an actual N failing. We've had them almost a year... ._.'

101 - 116 of 116 Posts