Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think this boils down to ESTJ(s) function stack. ESTJ(s) use Te-Si-Ne-Fi.
Te is a very result driven function coupled with Auxillary Si. This yields a tendency to make goals and refer back to previous stimuli in order to obtain said goal. This leads to a more practical approach rather then theoretical one and doesn't usually rely to much on theory. The SJ temperament group is very traditional and may not have much interest in going in depth in MBTI. Of course this is only a generality and doesn't apply to all ESTJ(s).

The ESTJ(s) that do use this forum may have more of a tendency to be a 5w4 enneagram or 4w5 enneagram leading to a more introspective variant of the ESTJ with most likely a highly developed Inferior function of Fi. Dominant Te that is result driven with well developed Fi may lead this variant of ESTJ(s) to be more likely to want to understand who they are and more likely to use this forum to get a better understanding of who they are. I hope this helped and I know I'm not an ESTJ so I really would appreciate some feedback from you guys to see if this is valid or not.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I think this boils down to ESTJ(s) function stack. ESTJ(s) use Te-Si-Ne-Fi.
Te is a very result driven function coupled with Auxillary Si. This yields a tendency to make goals and refer back to previous stimuli in order to obtain said goal. This leads to a more practical approach rather then theoretical one and doesn't usually rely to much on theory. The SJ temperament group is very traditional
No. SJs are viewed as traditional because of Si, which only compares the present to what happend before. It is by no means traditional in itself.
and may not have much interest in going in depth in MBTI. Of course this is only a generality and doesn't apply to all ESTJ(s).
Thank you for clearing that up, but when you say that the SJ temperament is very traditional, it's a contradiction to what you just said here.

The ESTJ(s) that do use this forum may have more of a tendency to be a 5w4 enneagram or 4w5 enneagram leading to a more introspective variant of the ESTJ with most likely a highly developed Inferior function of Fi. Dominant Te that is result driven with well developed Fi may lead this variant of ESTJ(s) to be more likely to want to understand who they are and more likely to use this forum to get a better understanding of who they are. I hope this helped and I know I'm not an ESTJ so I really would appreciate some feedback from you guys to see if this is valid or not.
I'm not an enneagram 5w4 or 4w5. But I do have a highly developed inferior function. So you're right about that! :)

There's another thread like this,
http://personalitycafe.com/estj-forum-guardians/368978-whats-lack-estj-forum.html.
If I remember this right, we discuss the thing with Si being traditional quite a bit in this thread. Anyways, I could try to make a response that's a bit shorter than a whole thread if you'd like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@Pinina I appreciate the feedback it was very helpful in helping me to understand you guys a little better. I'm sorry if I came across as saying that Si is traditional within itself because this was not my intention. As a tertiary Si user I understand that Si functions by viewing the present through the lens of previous stimuli in order to access the present and feel comfort in what is familiar. Which in turn indirectly causes SJ's to become traditional and is not a direct causation. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding on my part for perhaps explaining incorrectly and to address your last question I will read the thread but wouldn't mind hearing a direct response in order to gain more information from another ESTJ directly.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
ESTJs have better things to do than to waste time on a forum :p
That's the thing. If we sees it as a waste of time, then yes, why would we waste time? But I don't see it as a waste of time. I've learnt a lot about how I and other people work. And what could possibly be more important while managing people, than to understand how they work? (I'm not saying that is what defines an ESTJ, I'm saying that according to the stereotype, ESTJs should be interested in this.)

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
That's the thing. If we sees it as a waste of time, then yes, why would we waste time? But I don't see it as a waste of time. I've learnt a lot about how I and other people work. And what could possibly be more important while managing people, than to understand how they work? (I'm not saying that is what defines an ESTJ, I'm saying that according to the stereotype, ESTJs should be interested in this.)
I agree, if there was no merit in hanging around here I would have been gone sooner as well. I enjoy meeting people here and learning their thought process. I do think that you would almost never find a Te dom or aux on forums that have no real purpose though. Self-improvement is key for me, there must always be a possibility for growth.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
The only ESTJ I know of doesn't like when I try to get into his head, maybe it's related?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The only ESTJ I know of doesn't like when I try to get into his head, maybe it's related?
With trying to get in to his head, you mean tht you try to read him and understand how he works? I can't see how it should be related to our type, even though it might be the case.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
With trying to get in to his head, you mean tht you try to read him and understand how he works? I can't see how it should be related to our type, even though it might be the case.
Yeah, it's like he doesn't want to get pinned down and be understood. He could be an ESTP though, not completely sure.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
Although they may have better, more productive things to do with their time, it would still be productive for them to set the record straight about themselves instead of others always speaking on behalf of them. Come on ESTJ's! :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeah, it's like he doesn't want to get pinned down and be understood. He could be an ESTP though, not completely sure.
Hmm... I don't think that is type-related, even though I might be wrong. Could have something to do with the inferior Fi maybe, that we don't want to learn more about ourselves? Doesn't make sense though, since if there's something I want, it's learning more about myself. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Although they may have better, more productive things to do with their time, it would still be productive for them to set the record straight about themselves instead of others always speaking on behalf of them. Come on ESTJ's! :kitteh:
Yea, that could be useful. If there's one reason that I'd like more ESTJs here, it's to get rid of those stupid stereotypes....

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
We tried! Nobody listens! *cries in a corner*

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
There is a difference between getting into someone's head and trying to forcibly replace it with a head of your own invention.

Not saying you're doing that, but it often happens with people who pride themselves as "people readers."

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
There is a difference between getting into someone's head and trying to forcibly replace it with a head of your own invention.

Not saying you're doing that, but it often happens with people who pride themselves as "people readers."
Nah, I just want to genuinely understand others. But this one doesn't want to share, like "get out of my territory, yo". ;)

I guess that attitude disappoints and frustrates me a bit, because I'm insatiably curious.

Reactions: Coburn

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
The ESTJ(s) that do use this forum may have more of a tendency to be a 5w4 enneagram or 4w5 enneagram leading to a more introspective variant of the ESTJ with most likely a highly developed Inferior function of Fi.
Hmm an ESTJ 4w5, that's gotta be a rarity comparable with leprechauns or mermaids.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I for one found that the ESTJ voice is quite misinterpreted and hated and common ESTJ values are called repressive and harsh, particularly by the INTP, INTJ, INFP, and INFJ forum users. I do not understand why exactly, since I haven't even heard or seen an ESTJ forum user verbally attack the initiatives at all on this forum or other forums for that matter.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.