Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend who is a 2 has a three year old son who is completely out of control but wenever he does anything that is showing challenging behaviour she stares blankly into space and pretends its not happening

·
Registered
696 Posts
8s are better with that sort of thing since they have an assertive outer toughness combined with an inner gentleness. 2s are the other way around -- outwardly gentle and kind and full of squee but with an inner toughness that takes on the form of endurance. 2s, male or female, are more receptive than assertive.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
I hate disciplining my niece when she misbehaves, but I force myself to do it. If I have children, I feel I'd do a similar job with my own children, no matter how much it hurts me emotionally to do that. I was disciplined and realize that sometimes children need something, be it time out or spanking, compared to not doing anything and allowing them to think what they do is right (you have to teach them the rules, you know).

ENFJ, type 2...so I can be strict when I need to be *sigh* need to be.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
my friend who is a 2 has a three year old son who is completely out of control but wenever he does anything that is showing challenging behaviour she stares blankly into space and pretends its not happening
This is not a type 2 thing I assure you. I don't put up with their crap, they know I am the boss.:wink:

Reactions: Agelaius

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got friends who are 2's, and one is very strict with her daughters and the other is totally lax. She doesn't discipline her kids at all. I think for the one who doesn't, I've always wondered if it's because she's too afraid her kids won't love her. Even when she does, like put them in time out or something, she doesn't stick with it, and if her son cries, she comforts him and keeps explaining over and over why she's punishing him, like she's trying to convince him that he needs it or something. The other one is strict, and also doesn't "put up with any crap", but I think it's like she's using her "8-ness" when she deals with her 3 daughters.

I also have noticed by the way that 2's have a hard time seeing themselves. If 4's are self-aware, 2's are definitely not. For the 2 that doesn't discipline, she rationalizes it. Her son is sensitive; he doesn't understand, etc etc.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
I definitely discipline my kids. There is nothing worse than out of control brats. On the odd occasion when I am already tired and stressed I lose my consistency a little but generally I am always onto it. The hardest part though is controlling them in the supermarket because they suddenly act like two year olds when they are there. People look at you to see what you will do and since the government took away my parental right to smack them I have to put up with them or mutter threats to them about what the consequences will be when we get home. It's a sad world when you aren't allowed to chastise your own kids.

·
Registered
26 Posts
haha, it's so strange that this was brought up! I am a nanny for a 1 and 2 year old boy and girl, and recently, my boyfriend (who is a 2) came to work with me, and also got paid to look after the kids for the night, since I had to leave a few hours early. I noticed as we were dealing with them, that when the 2 year old girl (who I love dearly!) acted out (which she does more than often!) or misbehaved while I was busy with the baby, my boyfriend would just smile at her and kindly ask her to stop what she was doing.. well, with a 2 year old who doesn't understand language well enough when emotion isn't expressed alongside it, this was far from effective, and I had to step in, show her with my face that I was angry with her, use a firm tone and sit her in time out for 2 minutes. While my boyfriend is very good with the kids, and they love him and have a lot of fun with him, he lacks the ability to discipline them! I'm thinking it could be his two-ish desire to not upset others? Anyway, it worried me slightly, but I'm not too concerned at this point haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts