Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to get a feel for why each personality type might be interested in environmental issues. Respond with your myer brigg type and why you think sustainability issues matter/are of concern!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
INTJ. There exist finite natural resources on Earth, and squandering these resources spells disaster for humanity's future. Therefore it is important that we take steps towards building a more sustainable paradigm that can survive long-term.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Type 5 :p

Sustainability issues don't matter all that much to me because they really are just a symptom of some deeper issues with humanity. Plus, by the time it starts to really become an issue, I am willing to bet that people will invent a way around it. After all, necessity is the mother of invention.... or was that laziness? Nah, laziness is the father, but I'm sure you get the point.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
ISTJ.

I am not concerned about sustainability issues. Humanity and its future doesn't matter to me. Also, the idea of big, life-threatening environmental problems occurring during my lifetime doesn't bother me, to be honest.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Because I don't want Earth to be suddenly a giant wasteland of rubbish everywhere. Earth is our only planet and I don't want society being destroyed because we can't keep our waste properly managed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A necessary problem to tackle and if we manage to solve it, it would mean a huge step forward for us as a specie, it could mean that we are on our way to become unstoppable and if we don't regress too much, which sadly is inevitable.

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
Meh I care more about find the most resourceful productive ways than directly motivated by the subject at hand. But often being resourceful and productive means saving on waste.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I try be sustainable with what I have. Resources must be used with no waste. If acquiring a resource leads to waste and unrecoverable damage I question its validity.

Yes to these:
- sorting garbage at home and at work. Especially glass and metal since those are 100% reusable if smelted.

- reuse as much as I can. Creativity is the limit.

- selling big things 2nd hand.

- buying big things 2nd hand.

- always put garbage, even the tiniest piece, in a garbage bin.

- throw old fruit/plants outside (if I throw it in the bin the energy will be lost as heat in a power plant nearby). I live near a small ravine with trees, grass and a little river. Obviously won't throw it in the garden or on the street.

My landlord reacted by "something must be wrong with the wiring" when studying my apartments electrical usage. That efficiency comes natural to me, not even wasting electricity on useless stuff.

I want humanity to survive for as long as possible. Every little thing helps. When looking at my workplace: If everyone cared a little bit for sustainability the amount sent away to burn in the power plant would be reduced by several hundred kg per week.

I see everything as energy usage and circulation. Example: If you need a car, it's more energy efficient to buy it used over a new regardless of fuel type.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ENTP, 3 sets of reasons:

- one, the aforementioned one of contributing to make a better humanity, long term objective indeed.

- second, because as side effect , sustainable procedures typically exert positive collaboration and healthy coordination between individuals, making them conscientious of their critical responsibilities into the social entity whereas are inserted and displacing their desires further beyond their simply immediate own comfort. In other words, makes people think about others and about the future, and how their immediate actions affects this dynamics.

- third, also because as side effect, sustainable practicalities as using bicycle as commute transport or favouring the recycling in contraposition of the repurchase and discard of goods (eg. seasonal winter decorations as alive xmas trees) have direct and immediate positive effects into my own health; Namely the first one in cardiovascular terms, the former one into psychological stress terms associated to money expenditure and undesired experiences in high density consumer locations.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,465 Posts
Because it would be our extinction, which means billions of people will suffer including my loved ones and my future children and theirs.

It's also sad to see animals suffer and starve to death (i.e. polar bears) but Earth is not what I'm worried about since evolution always finds a way to continue life. It's just us that will be gone.

I also don't like the greed and gluttony (conscious or not) that comes with consuming and wasting resources.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts