Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent like 3 hours, alone, studying, then for about 15 minutes talked to my friend, becoming completely outgoing and talking to a bunch of people

and then I went inside, having an internal debate with myself about whether I should socialize or read a book, but finally deciding on reading a book

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Maybe there's nothing wrong with beein random, as long you don't contain your very self. Just never do that

·
Registered
33 Posts
I couldn't tell you definitively WHY we do--just that a lot of us...do. I do too. That's why they say ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts, or a plausible 'ambivert.' I agree--I love people, and I love hanging out, and yes, I need the human interaction--but I really really need my space too. If I don't get both, I start stressing out. So far what I've seen is that because Ne is our dom, we are constantly taking in huge amounts of ideas, concepts, and experiences. It makes sense that it could be very exhausting! And then after, we use our Fi to pick through those ideas and sort them--process them, put them into place. I've seen a pattern in my own behavior where if I've led a few on-the-go days, the rest of the week, I'd prefer to stay inside and work on my stuff. But that also happens in one day, too, depending on my energy levels. I think it's a bit annoying...but what're you gonna do? My mom complains that I'm never quite stable and I'm wayyy too spontaneous for her taste. I think what you can do is make sure you're never over-doing in one way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always feel like my friends and family think I'm some super hard to read enigma, but I make sense, at least to me. I enjoy my space and I like to be able to do what I want, when I want, and that last part is problematic. I don't like getting stuck into other people's schedules because I never quite know if I'm going to be in a social mood or a stay at home mood, at this point I think I'm always a little of both. If I thrust myself into a social situation I wake up, become talkative and suddenly I'm the life of the party, even if I've been complaining about not wanting to go for hours. I'm a bit indecisive and on my own end up just kind of floating around, in high school I was that kid that had friends in every group and would bounce around between them all, I could never really just dial in and stay put. I'm not sure /why/ I did these things but that's what lead me here, I used to think I was an INTJ or ISTJ, but ENFP is honestly a strange in between, *sigh* always on the outside, lookin in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts