Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not saying all women want the douchebag. There are some great hot women out their who date the nerd with passion. But majority of the time, nice guys finish last. Why is this?

I'm really posting this because I always feel that women contradict themselves way to much. They say they want the price charming, who is the "good boy". Then turns right around and goes home with the "bad boy".

·
Banned
307 Posts
Because back in prehistoric days those sort of traits indicated a male of high fitness. It only seems weird today because our society has evolved incredibly far, but our genetics hasn't caught up you so we're still torn between our animal instincts and our intelligence. Out sex preferences are one of the biggest examples of the animal instincts winning because our sex drive is one of the strongest instincts there is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because back in prehistoric days those sort of traits indicated a male of high fitness. It only seems weird today because our society has evolved incredibly far, but our genetics hasn't caught up you so we're still torn between our animal instincts and our intelligence. Out sex preferences are one of the biggest examples of the animal instincts winning because our sex drive is one of the strongest instincts there is.
That was probably, one of the best explanations... lol

I'm gonna go hit the gym now!

·
Banned
123 Posts
The serpent has tranfixed Eve and she has fallen under its spell and cannot be woken, except only those with the bravest, pure and curageous of hearts, thine noble one.
Seek it, seek thine destiny and ye shall be rewarded a 100 virgin brides and untold riches....

Find the old wizard.....

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Because some nice guys are just too nice it's like they have no personality lol

Basically women love any men who are confident and with personality

So a nice guy with personality and not too passive is good

Just don't be too passive

Because passive guys aren't attractive at all.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
That was probably, one of the best explanations... lol

I'm gonna go hit the gym now!
Not really..

Men who hits the gym well.

I don't know, they can be attractive at first but sometimes they use their attractiveness to their own benefit because they know they're attractive.

And when someone is obviously aware of it, it loses it's appeal.

But hit the gym. Because you'll look more attractive.

That's one step.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Nice guy syndrome is my favorite of all syndromes. There is no alpha in the human species. There are no leaders. Only micro-p with urges to compensate and flaccid-d alienated from reality. I prefer the latter category for own immature nihilistic needs (admittedly stale residual from teenagehood). I need emotional catheter. Let it be publicly known this if my only and official contribution to this thread.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Alpha vs nice guy is a false dichotomy...

For starters, a "pack leader" being a douchebag, in many species (which plausibly includes humans), would lead to at least some level of social ostracism which would put his image in question. In that case it becomes increasingly difficult to find second-in-commands aka the betas who flock to the alpha. And it becomes increasingly likely someone else will take over the alpha role by virtue of being able to find more beta flockers.

I suppose there can be douchebag alphas. They are in a way more socially constructed because for them to be alpha, they have to be in a society where they're able to lead more by force (since they wouldn't be respected/chosen to lead otherwise or have any natural followers). Either that or they have to be in a society where it's just convenient for a douche to lead, such as when anarchy creates a power vacuum.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts