Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking that because I'm just curious as to what qualities and reasons you would list :) Obviously people love different people for different reasons, but if you think "people I love" then what qualities come to mind?

·
Registered
228 Posts
The only people I love are my parents and my sister. Partly because of genetic affiliation, partly because my parents have done much for me and have not mistreated me or anything.

I don't see myself loving anyone else because there's no reason to.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
I'm asking that because I'm just curious as to what qualities and reasons you would list :) Obviously people love different people for different reasons, but if you think "people I love" then what qualities come to mind?
i dont love anyone

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The only people I love are my parents and my sister. Partly because of genetic affiliation, partly because my parents have done much for me and have not mistreated me or anything.

I don't see myself loving anyone else because there's no reason to.
This is a crippling thought pattern. Find someone that you can love simply because of who they are.:sad:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Depends on what you mean by love.

I have a lot of family that I love because it is acceptable and required to do so.

I have many friends that I love more than family because we share so much together.

I have very close family that means everything to me. People for which I would sacrifice everything.

All of these loves come from closeness, shared experiences, what one should do, etc. But some of them are because the people are genuine, honest, and real, and demonstrate that they really do care about me. So it's mutual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I care about certain people and some people I care about a lot. I don't accept love as a valid expression of how 'I' feel towards someone because it is a chemical reaction. Like all emotions it is an evolutionary trait with a specific function, since I am aware of this I see no reason to be a slave to it.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I care about certain people and some people I care about a lot. I don't accept love as a valid expression of how 'I' feel towards someone because it is a chemical reaction. Like all emotions it is an evolutionary trait with a specific function, since I am aware of this I see no reason to be a slave to it.
I would think that you are describing one small facet of love. Enduring love is a choice and is spelled c-o-m-m-i-t-m-e-n-t to another person in a relationship.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
oh love isn't a feeling? I think all emotions to some extent have a chemical reaction that drives it. I wouldn't be so cynical about feelings.

heh, you used the word valid as though everything that takes place in your body isn't what it really is but rather a falsehood, pretty interesting ideology you got going there.

A type 6 just out did me in terms of ISTJness. I don't think that achievement is something to be too happy about though. I've always known type 6's to be more based upon emotions than myself, I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts