Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that INFP relationships are more likely to be happy than any other type's relationships.

Why do you think this is? What do you do and not do in a relationship that makes it work.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
I'm very emotional in relationships if I ever feel ignored by the other person. It depends on the INFP though. Might want to try and find a healthy one.

·
exploring space
10,060 Posts
Hm personally I like pleasing my boyfriend (not just sexually! :p ) and I'm willing to make sacrifices for it because it is important to me.As long as he respects me of course. I used to have an INTJ boyfriend actually :happy:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Hm personally I like pleasing my boyfriend (not just sexually! :p ) and I'm willing to make sacrifices for it because it is important to me.As long as he respects me of course. I used to have an INTJ boyfriend actually :happy:
This.

I want to make my partner feel amazing, and I'm willing to do anything to make that happen, as long as they appreciate it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have heard that INFP relationships are more likely to be happy than any other type's relationships.

Why do you think this is? What do you do and not do in a relationship that makes it work.
Oh, really? We make good spouses? Not sure how to comment/analyze this statement. I am married to an INFP and I am an INFP. I thought I was a damned good spouse...we have been married a very long time...but things have gone very sour lately. Nowadays, I am simply looking for the best exit strategy.

I've ranted enough on other threads around here lately, so I will be a nice girl and hold my tongue.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wish my XSTJ husband agreed with this! As long as I felt appreciated, I was willing to do anything for him, sacrifice anything for him. He was the most important person or thing in my universe. He took me for granted, though, and would rather hang out with his friends. Not just sometimes, which I would encourage because it made him happy, but ALL THE TIME!! I could rant on and on about times I felt abandoned, but I won't. I was simply a housekeeper/cook to him. And after he was no longer pleased with me, but only finding fault (especially after I became pregnant and oh-so-sick), I lost my desire to please him. We've stayed together for the kids, and he's a workaholic, now. Sorry for the rant. My point is, as long as I feel loved and appreciated, I give my ALL. As soon as I feel criticised and unloved, I give up. I believe that is a typical INFP trait.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wish my XSTJ husband agreed with this! As long as I felt appreciated, I was willing to do anything for him, sacrifice anything for him. He was the most important person or thing in my universe. He took me for granted, though, and would rather hang out with his friends. Not just sometimes, which I would encourage because it made him happy, but ALL THE TIME!! I could rant on and on about times I felt abandoned, but I won't. I was simply a housekeeper/cook to him. And after he was no longer pleased with me, but only finding fault (especially after I became pregnant and oh-so-sick), I lost my desire to please him. We've stayed together for the kids, and he's a workaholic, now. Sorry for the rant. My point is, as long as I feel loved and appreciated, I give my ALL. As soon as I feel criticised and unloved, I give up. I believe that is a typical INFP trait.
Describes my experience exactly, but with the addition of an affair on his side. Oh, and he claims that I was the one not doing the loving and appreciating. That was his "reason" for having the affair.

Here's a link to my latest rant on this subject:

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/14305-mysterious-infps-emotional-off-switch-21.html

I'm too tired today to rant further, and besides, lately there are things in my life to be grateful for. So I will be tired and grateful :)

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I have some uncontrollable drive to want to make you, the person I care most about, feel best as possible.

All I ask is an ear and some romance in return. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Like the others have said, as long as I feel appreciated I will go to the ends of the Earth for you. And it really doesn't take much to make me feel appreciated...just a bit of quality time, the occasional neck massage when I have a headache and a please and thank you every so often. Treat me with respect and love and I will fulfill your every desire...

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
We're just SUPER nice people!! We think about other people's needs, consider how they're feeling, often put their needs before our own, enjoy doing nice things for our partner, are extremely supportive, never rub it in when they're down, love our partners deeply, and are super loyal.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
It also depends on the enneagram.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
My point is, as long as I feel loved and appreciated, I give my ALL. As soon as I feel criticised and unloved, I give up. I believe that is a typical INFP trait.
I completely agree.

*hugs* (and thank you for the PM, I'll respond tomorrow as I have company tonight and have to go soon :)

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
We're just SUPER nice people!! We think about other people's needs, consider how they're feeling, often put their needs before our own, enjoy doing nice things for our partner, are extremely supportive, never rub it in when they're down, love our partners deeply, and are super loyal.
Wow! you sound too good to be true! :laughing:

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Wow! you sound too good to be true! :laughing:
I'm not arrogant because that would be a fault...and I have no faults :wink:

Nah, I hear ENFJ's are supposed to be our perfect matches so you guys must be pretty darn fabulous. Lucky husband of yours!

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
I'm not arrogant because that would be a fault...and I have no faults :wink:

Nah, I hear ENFJ's are supposed to be our perfect matches so you guys must be pretty darn fabulous. Lucky husband of yours!

LOL. Yeah it's funny I seem to gravitate towards the INFPs on here.

We all have our flaws though. :dry:

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
I sent so many messages of lovely poetry to my partners :laughing:
I have been the recipient of at least a couple of poems, and I can say that it is a most flattering thing to receive. Unfortunately I didn't fancy them but still the poems were lovely, and brought a big smile to my face.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys give me faith that true love is possible.

Your top desire is to please your partner, and that is also what always has been my goal in a relationship. A commitment to put another happiness before my own, with my SO doing the same.

Now if you I could find one of you ......

1 - 20 of 44 Posts