Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe it's because a lot more of INFPs are shy and have low self-esteem, so they're too embarrassed/nervous to show themselves on camera?

EDIT: Sorry for necrobumping; should've looked at the date this thread was made.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I actually don't have many pics of myself and I'm an INFJ :)
Also I just realized you may not even see this... this thread is from 2010 XD

It could be because of their functions though.. idk

Reactions: Starfox

·
Registered
25,042 Posts
This is literally the best necro I've come across; kudos.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
As it's out there, might as well talk about it right?

I'm guessing that both might have about the same amount of pictures if themselves actually. It's just that INFP's tend to view the picture as an essential part of who they are, while INFJ's feel like it's just one aspect of many that defines who they are. Viewed in that way, it might make sense for many INFP's to be hesitant to share their pictures on the internet?

I myself hardly have any pictures of myself actually. I just don't mind others viewing them as much.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Reactions: Vahyavishdapaya

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Because when INFPs look in the mirror the have a Kafke moment and when INFJs look in the mirror they pose and smile.

You're like airheads with a taro deck, some weed, and a Sam Harris book.

JK. JK. JK. JK. JK. JK. JK.

:crazy:

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Well, I think it is not a good criteria, I am guessing INFPs in more familiar social networks, such as facebook do have more pictures and are more comfortable being pictured compared to INFJs. Here, I am not sure, I sure don't like the fact that this site is google searchable so I will delete any pictures I put on here and keep them here for only a short time. I think we are just more out there when we are in a more familiar/secure environment. Well of course, both INFPs and INFJs are still on the scale of sharing less pictures of themselves.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I don't have a picture of myself on my phone...

It's not because I'm camera shy, but because there's no point in me taking a picture of myself. Also because I just bought this phone a month ago.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I dont think this is true xd
I meet an INFP and he is quite comfortable with the fact of taking pictures of himself. Actually, snapchat and him are bff :'D
Aaaaaaaaand I have my moments. Sometimes I am cozy with taking pictures but in groups, not alone. It's like...weird. Taking selfies is maybe more easy but it's weird too. When I took pictures of myself I HATE people see them and they are usually very silly and ...yes, silly :hopelessness:

·
Registered
INTJ
1,949 Posts
I dont think this is true xd
I meet an INFP and he is quite comfortable with the fact of taking pictures of himself. Actually, snapchat and him are bff :'D
Aaaaaaaaand I have my moments. Sometimes I am cozy with taking pictures but in groups, not alone. It's like...weird. Taking selfies is maybe more easy but it's weird too. When I took pictures of myself I HATE people see them and they are usually very silly and ...yes, silly :hopelessness:

·
Registered
246 Posts
This seems like an arbitrary assertion looking to be verified by observational bias. Most of my pictures on my computer are either artwork I did (of fictional characters) or artwork other people did (of my characters)
On the rare occasion I take a picture of myself, it's usually just some quick webcam pic so I can do a self-portrait.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
This seems like an arbitrary assertion looking to be verified by observational bias. Most of my pictures on my computer are either artwork I did (of fictional characters) or artwork other people did (of my characters)
On the rare occasion I take a picture of myself, it's usually just some quick webcam pic so I can do a self-portrait.
Nothing wrong with a little confirmational bias eh? ;) LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts