Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It recently occurred to me that I wasn't sure why I come here. At this point, I primarily use this site to shout witticisms at passersby with the occasional useful contribution to a thread. Originally, I enjoyed the novelty of the fact that everyone on this forum thinks similarly to me. At this point, however, I've come to terms with the fact that, like me, everyone else on this subforum gets off on being anal retentive logicians--which I get, of course; I see the appeal. No big deal, right?

And then I asked myself:
Everyone here is an equal minded peer who I can think similarly, if not better, to. I can arrive at the same conclusions, and pose the same logical and intuitive analyses. What does this forum provide to me now that the uncanny cognitive resemblance among us and the "does anyone else" statements pose no novelty?

"Nothing." is the only logical conclusion that I can come to.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I came to see what other INTPs were like, to see if I could gain some insight into where my place in the cosmos may be.
I then discovered that I relate to you guys only slightly better than I do anyone else. Back to being an island.

I stayed for the humour, procrastination and self deprecation. "Put that shit into words and send them off into the websphere”, my grand papi always used to tell me.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
At first, I used this site as a place where I can find similar minds (cliche, I know). But the excitement of "they think like I do!" wore off after some time. Now I just use this forum as a way to kill boredom, find something to laugh at, and to procrastinate.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
At first, I used this site as a place where I can find similar minds (cliche, I know). But the excitement of "they think like I do!" wore off after some time. Now I just use this forum as a way to kill boredom, find something to laugh at, and to procrastinate.
Pretty much. It's just something to do. Sure, I could be using the time more productively, but... why?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Due to the need for amusement.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
99 Posts
I come to the INTP forum to feel like I truly belong.

nah. I came to learn all about my type, then I proceeded to meander amongst the other forums to satiate my curiosity about the cognitive functions, MBTI, and other theories pertaining to psychology. I also love debates. I love seeing someone post something really dumb, then an INTP or an ENTP swoops in and calls them out on their shit! I love it! "Yes, that is exactly what I would have said!"
then proceed to thank all posts that have logically sound arguments.

·
Social Pyromaniac
477 Posts
Originally, I enjoyed the novelty of the fact that everyone on this forum thinks similarly to me.
No, not everyone. Oh dear god, can I assure you not everyone . . .

At this point, however, I've come to terms with the fact that, like me, everyone else on this subforum gets off on being anal retentive logicians
You might (that I believe), but again . . . a no-no chief, not everyone.

I'm here for the same reason Richard said, to make fun of shit with my fellow derelicts, outcasts, misfit toys, mouth breathers, chuds, slugs, slackers, nerds, geeks, dorks, dweebs, assholes, bastards, bitches, and general social undesirables.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have an INTP friend outside of these forums, so if I was here to engage similar people to myself then that would be pointless. Not to mention, kind of egocentric (in my opinion).
I come here because people have actual discussions, are interesting, and are funny. People in real life are irritating, usually don't have cool discussions, are not very interesting, and aren't that funny.
Also, it's a great way to pass time (and procrastinate).

In addition, it would be ludicrous to assume that just because we all tested the same four letters that you did that we all think exactly (or somewhat) alike. So your assertion that there is nothing to be gained from being on this forum is invalid. To claim that all of the INTPs are alike would be akin to saying that there are only sixteen types of people in the world, which is extremely ridiculous. What kind of black and white thinking is that?
We may share the same thought patterns, but we all have different tastes, methods, backgrounds, and opinions.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
My main purpose here is to pick up chicks, And i have actually picked up a number of chicks from here. sadly that number is zero

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
My main purpose here is to pick up chicks, And i have actually picked up a number of chicks from here. sadly that number is zero
I feel generous today, so here's three

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
thanks, eggsactly what i was after

pedosmile.jpg

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Mostly for the opportunity to throw in a one liner or two.
Sometimes to learn something or to see what the good posters have to say lately.
Occasionally to contribute advice to a young dork who reminds me of myself.
Rarely to try and shake up the tone so it doesn't become one dominant voice.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I don't get a huge amount of social interaction irl, so I use this to keep me at a healthy level. I have a choice in which topics to chime in on (of which there are many more than there would be with my close friends irl at any one time), I can choose my words carefully and there's no obligation to stay. I love taking in new information (especially the witty banter) and there's less judgement likely to be thrown at me than irl. As for why I don't go to any other forum, I simply can't be bothered.

Ok, I guess all of that was very vague and could be applied to any forum in general. Honestly, (without sugar coating) I became interested in typology, found this place and then just never left.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts