Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have an idea of what draws a majority of people here after sifting through various posts for points of view and finding a similar one in most of them; I want to see if it is what I thought before revealing it however, as it would ruin the experiment to say beforehand.

·
Registered
360 Posts
To be completely honest, I first came here to understand ENTP's more after finding out that they're apparently my type and I was looking for some lovin'. Now I just sort of lurk around aimlessly and comment around once in a while for the hell of it.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Because @ohTOMICho promised me candy and unicorns:wink:

Honestly, though, I come here because there are a myriad of intelligent people in here, and it's a humbling experience to realize how much I don't know. Plus, this website tends to be my social outlet when my parents tell me to "socialize more", whatever the hell that means lol

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Mostly because I live with people I don't really want to be around so I hide in my room.. I don't have a myriad of things to do once I am in here. I don't watch TV.. I am a bit transient so I no longer collect books and such.. So I am on the internet. Not just forums.. I do everything here.. Watch TV shows, sports and movies. Read.. Research research research..

I come here for the people of course.
I like to teach and I love to learn.
I like to share ideas with people who are willing to listen.
Sometimes you can even make a friend.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
For friends I dont have to drive through traffic for.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Good question....next question...:ninja:

Oh well...
I guess I'm here to gather information unconsciously...to put bits and pieces together... to become wiser...see what people are like... out of boredom...to check on how people I know and care about in some way are doing type-wise and otherwise (without necessarily talking to them).

·
Registered
885 Posts
I guess I can give a serious answer to this.

I was drawn here because I am interested in learning how people operate mentally/emotionally. Personality science was fascinating to me, and I thought I had a decent grasp on the subject until I decided to lurk these forums. I learned that actually know nothing.

This place gives me a chance to talk about some of the things that I am just not afforded the opportunity to in life. the various threads like "dear subject, sincerely" and "how are you feeling today" I find a lot of use for. After a long time without any real connections in real life to talk to, this forum helps with venting here and there.

I also like to read what other people write about life experience and how they relate that to the science, I try to learn it but often I feel like a rock submerged in a pool expected to soak it up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
To better understand myself and others. Because the discussions make me think. Because I don't know anyone who's interested in MBTI IRL and I find the subject fascinating. Because some things are easier to share with strangers on the internet. To waste time. And because of all the times I go "OMG! That totally happens to me too!!!" while reading the INFJ forum. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had just really gotten into MBTI and it's a time in my life where I've become generally more closed off to people. I guess I needed a place to relate to and also possibly vent.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts