Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a male friend whom even though is tested to be entp but I highly suspect that he is an esf/tp based on Jungian function and the traits he exhibits (he is extremely touchy, and he said he's good at reading people's body language). I'm a stereotypical intj girl, our friendship started a few months ago when all of a sudden out of nowhere he just starts to exclaim that I'm his best friend despite having little to no contact before that. And I just kinda went along with it. We have physics together and every time we have a lab he claims to be my lab partner. At first, I didn't think much of it because I am the top student in physics and I do write good lab reports, I also quite enjoyed being his lab partner because he takes care of all the tedious 'doing' part of a lab that I don't really enjoy doing.

Then he starts to get more physical. A few weeks ago he starts to pat my head out of no reason. I retaliate by ruffling his hair and it just kinda became our thing(we greet each other by patting each other's head lol). Also, every time I wear a scarf he would ask for it, and if I say no he just unwraps part of my scarf and wrap it around his neck then we would be sitting really close to each other and he'd follow me around when I move because we are connected. Sometimes he just pats me during a class and stares into my eyes and says nothing. And during class we have together when we don't sit together he would move next to me and some times poke me, when I poke back he would catch my hand and says: you just want to hold my hand.

I never really thought much about all these signs until today because I liked another guy before and also he is known to be a very flirty person. But recently I try to stop liking that guy and actually start to pay attention to the signs he has shown. Today during physics class when the class talk about particles he told me I'm a negative and I replied: that why I drew positive people towards me. And he replied: that's why I'm attracted to you. (Note that we didn't sit next to each other so he was practically shouting and everyone heard). Later today when I sat at the bleachers with one of my friend(she and he are actually really good friends before we became friends) watching a basketball game he came and sat next to me instead of her even though I rarely talk. He also has another group of friends sitting nearby and he didn't go sit with them. I also noticed that he kind of mirrors my gestures when we sat next to each other(like when I lean back on the bleachers he does that too). Later when my other friend left and it's just me and him I just had the realization that he's probably the only guy that is able to get that close to me and touches me as much without me feeling uncomfortable(probably because he is extremely attractive). I also felt a strong urge to lean my head on his shoulder because I was really tired but I didn't.

Now that I think I might like him I don't know what to do next or how to think of those signs.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,657 Posts
Aww...

Yep, he's attracted to you all right.. If you like him too, go for it. Ask him out. Spend some time together and go to places you've been meaning to go like a convention or festival.. whatever suits ya.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I think the signs are pretty obvious but then again, I'm a nerd too. I guess the next question I'd ask is: Even if he's a touchy/flirty person, does he does much of this to anyone else?

Make up some excuse to do homework over a lunch break or something and ask if he can help you. Or ask him to go buy you a coffee or something and see if he does it.

If that's too much, then it still seems like he's giving you plenty of openings... just like, talk to him, make jokes, and touch him too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I think the signs are pretty obvious but then again, I'm a nerd too. I guess the next question I'd ask is: Even if he's a touchy/flirty person, does he does much of this to anyone else?
Well, he does have a couple of really good female friends and I see them hug from time to time when they greet each other. But when they hug I noticed that it's mostly initiated by the girls. I'm the only one that he initiates physical contact that much. (I'm not a really physical person tho so he has to initiate them so idk) Also I never actually seen him flirt with anyone else currently although it just might be that I can't tell if it was flirting or not. The only time that I actually seen him flirt was a few months ago to another girl that I knew he liked(somebody else told me he liked her otherwise I wouldn't have known lol). Now he does the same things to me that he did to that girl.

I think maybe I should just wait until he does something definitive that shows that he likes me or until he confesses to me(since last time he liked someone he straight up told a friend). but I'll be more open to him and initiate some contact too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, he does have a couple of really good female friends and I see them hug from time to time when they greet each other. But when they hug I noticed that it's mostly initiated by the girls. I'm the only one that he initiates physical contact that much. (I'm not a physical person tho so he has to initiate them so idk) Also I never actually seen him flirt with anyone else currently although it just might be that I can't tell if it was flirting or not. The only time that I saw him flirt was a few months ago to another girl that I knew he liked(somebody else told me he liked her otherwise I wouldn't have known lol). Now he does the same things to me that he did to that girl.

I think maybe I should just wait until he does something definitive that shows that he likes me or until he confesses to me(since last time he liked someone he straight up told a friend). but I'll be more open to him and initiate some contact too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think you both attracted to each other. So be it. If the next time you are together you can sense what comes next like maybe you both agree to go to some places for dating like having lunch or dinner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts